A break from the forums.....

Social, economic and environmental issues in our ever-changing world.
Lady tehMa
A Peer of the Realm

Re: A break from the forums.....

Post by Lady tehMa »

ukcanuck wrote:Just take the break then as most do. Why the melodrama? Why start an entire thread over it?

I believe he is attempting to draw attention to how the posts of the board have dropped in quality. Used to be there was more discussion, sharing of ideas and differing opinions. Recently there is more rhetoric, and a distinct jump in the level of hostility and outright attacks. There is a distinct lack of respect, and even less civility. The whole environment is becoming decidedly more uncouth.
I haven't failed until I quit.
WhatThe

Post by WhatThe »

A couple people were asking me to elaborate...

I get frustrated reading some of the crap written here too. Obviously since this is a forum it's not extactly a cross section of society but reading some of the garbage one begins to understand (very loosely) why society is the way it is. I wasn't picking any one poster (roadster, because I quoted yours) it was a tongue in cheek comment. I know very well people have read my posts and thought "what an idiot" and there are some that I would seriously show the proverbial front door and yet again others that I would shake their hands and say "well done".

Anyway, I've taken breaks here too but didn't feel a need to make a post about it
Bpeep
Mindquad

Post by Bpeep »

Bsuds wrote:Did someone say something? :dyinglaughing:

Queenie's probably talking about me. It seems he ignores pretty much everything I say.
I sometimes think he's my husband IRL.
Seeking the apartment that is creating leasing interest concerns knowledgeable seclusive morons excessively.
Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Post by Queen K »

Yes Lady teMah, I believe you are right.

For example LoneWolf does four, yes four, :dyinglaughing: :dyinglaughing: :dyinglaughing: :dyinglaughing:

over some comment that someone made obviously attacking me over Winter tires and where I drive.

Really? Was the attack that funny?

Aside from that the RCMP are usually held to a higher standard and RCMP bashing is a canadian time honoured tradition, until you need one. I think those that come on here in the RCMP and let it be known that's where they work are in for a rougher ride from people who may have even needed a RMCP member a year ago, or may need one next week. One never knows. But forums make it easier to be less than civil.
Last edited by Queen K on Nov 12th, 2012, 9:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
As WW3 develops, no one is going to be dissing the "preppers." What have you done?
Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Post by Queen K »

Babbitman wrote:
Queenie's probably talking about me. It seems he ignores pretty much everything I say.
I sometimes think he's my husband IRL.

I knew I'd be outed at some point.

I'm going to be home soon and if you didn't take the chicken outta the freezer by now you're in for it.
As WW3 develops, no one is going to be dissing the "preppers." What have you done?
Bpeep
Mindquad

Post by Bpeep »

I can still hear it squawking.
Didnt you want it frozen?
Seeking the apartment that is creating leasing interest concerns knowledgeable seclusive morons excessively.
Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Post by Queen K »

I see you dyed your blond hair dark again.
SmokeOnTheWater
Walks on Forum Water

Post by SmokeOnTheWater »

WhatThe wrote:A couple people were asking me to elaborate...

I get frustrated reading some of the crap written here too. Obviously since this is a forum it's not extactly a cross section of society but reading some of the garbage one begins to understand (very loosely) why society is the way it is. I wasn't picking any one poster (roadster, because I quoted yours) it was a tongue in cheek comment. I know very well people have read my posts and thought "what an idiot" and there are some that I would seriously show the proverbial front door and yet again others that I would shake their hands and say "well done".

Anyway, I've taken breaks here too but didn't feel a need to make a post about it

The number one thing I noticed right away coming to these forums is the stereotyping.
Either be, RCMP, teachers, nurses, waiter/waitresses, union members, environmentalists, Québecers, easterners, Albertans ... you name it.
To fit hundreds, sometimes millions ( 7 millions in Québec for example ) in the same boat is ludicrous.
Not all teachers are alike, not all nurses are alike, not all Albertans are alike, etc ...
As an example, I hate Harpo with a passion but I do not think that all conservatives are alike. Almost but not quite... lol
" Nature is not a place to visit. It is home. " ~ Gary Snyder
Bpeep
Mindquad

Post by Bpeep »

You talking about Steven or Oprah?
Bsuds
The Wagon Master

Post by Bsuds »

Babbitman wrote:You talking about Steven or Oprah?

Marxx

My Wife asked me if I knew what her favorite flower was?
Apparently "Robin Hood All Purpose" was the wrong answer!
normaM
The Pilgrim

Post by normaM »

lol
true tho- no need to get all dramatic, leave or stay, the Board is free.
but I bet Jo would be able to buy new French lingerie if she had a dime for every time someone has typed "I 'm outta here"
Maybe he'll return, hmm, bikeguy 26? :D I like him, hope he does come back
If there was a Loser contest you'd come in second
MAPearce
Buddha of the Board

Post by MAPearce »

If I announced that I was leaving the forums.....

I bet I'd get a "golden watch"...

I don't need one..I'm staying.
Liberalism is a disease like cancer.. Once you get it , you can't get rid of it .
Roadster
Time waster at work

Post by Roadster »

If I announced I was leaving I would have a bunch of people behind me helping me out the door,,,,,

Stop! I said If!!! :dyinglaughing:
♥ You and 98 other users LIKE this post

Return to “Social Concerns”