A break from the forums.....

Social, economic and environmental issues in our ever-changing world.
MAPearce
Buddha of the Board

Re: A break from the forums.....

Post by MAPearce »

There's a pretty good on line golf game / site....Keeps me well entertained when continually getting called a cop basher goes old for me .

world golf tour is just the thing if you're into golfing. wgt.com. Good luck with the healing.

Regards
Mike
Liberalism is a disease like cancer.. Once you get it , you can't get rid of it .
Bsuds
The Wagon Master

Post by Bsuds »

You get better fast and don't take things on here too seriously. There are more folks that look up to and respect the Police than don't.

The complainers just complain more and louder that's all.

Good Luck and you're welcome back anytime.
My Wife asked me if I knew what her favorite flower was?
Apparently "Robin Hood All Purpose" was the wrong answer!
Lady tehMa
A Peer of the Realm

Post by Lady tehMa »

Good luck with the healing bikeguy. You and your comrades are appreciated by many of us, even though we are aware there are some bad apples. That's humanity for you, though. Thanks for perservering.

I completely understand your point, I have not been as active as I once was on the forums because I get bogged down by the rabid negativity. It is one thing to disagree, it is quite another to deal with the forum equivalent of mad dogs.

Take care of yourself, and thank you.
I haven't failed until I quit.
OnTheRoadAgain
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by OnTheRoadAgain »

Deleted by Trip. You've been asked to contact Admin.
OnTheRoadAgain
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by OnTheRoadAgain »

I too find this forum upsetting at times, with the trolls who spew off garbage for their own entertainment value with the responses they receive.
There are so many friendly forums out there where posters treat each other as actual human beings.
This place has too many people here for too long and newbies that hold their rights to speech higher than their resonsibilities to other humans here.
EGO. That is what your opinions are about folks.
To prove this to yourself, next time you want to speak, or post your opinion here, try not to and see what happens when you squelch your own ego and keep even one opinion to yourself.
I dare you.
Fancy
Insanely Prolific

Post by Fancy »

bikeguy25 wrote:For the most part I would say the "Regulars" on the forums are aware of what KL3, Trunk Monkey and a couple others do for work.

Recently I had an injury on the job which is going to put me out of work for several months.

Wishing you well and get better fast.
Truths can be backed up by facts - do you have any?
Fancy this, Fancy that and by the way, T*t for Tat
Boda
Generalissimo Postalot

Post by Boda »

bikeguy25 wrote:I originally signed up for the forums for fun because someone creted a topic about the unmarked SUV having a business decal on the side of it and people thought it was sneeky. For the next few months I had fun bantering, back and forth with everyone else but of late things have seemed to be strictly negative attacks with absolutely nothing constructive to come from peoples postings or even some of the topics themselves.

bikeguy

This really does seem to be a mean spirited place.
metallica
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by metallica »

Boda wrote:This really does seem to be a mean spirited place.

Not always. bikeguy, maybe try some of the games section or the laugh section. As you well know everyone has an opinion, consider the source and carry on with your life :127: Hope all goes well. Keep your mind active!
Roadster
Time waster at work

Post by Roadster »

metallica wrote:
Boda wrote:This really does seem to be a mean spirited place.

Not always. bikeguy, maybe try some of the games section or the laugh section. As you well know everyone has an opinion, consider the source and carry on with your life :127: Hope all goes well. Keep your mind active!

Good advice, when it comes to a local forum where people care about certain things and can be quite passionate about what goes on in their home town you have to consider what threads you are on that make you feel up tight.
Meeting some of those same people in games sections gives you a whole different picture of them and this forum over all and avoiding a thread that makes you angry or sad helps lots. Beware, the games threads will make your post count rise considerably.
I have honestly not seen a site that didnt include trolls, passionate opinions and even some slamming except very small ones possibly but this covers the whole Okanagan valley and there are a lot of people with views and concerns. This is a great place to put those views and see what others think,,, thing is if you cant allow others to post theirs without you getting mad then you may have to let it go and play in other threads... This is forum life, not your real life. You do get to walk away, like hanging up a phone on your mother inlaw but with less repercussions and go on to other things, make sure you use that option. For me this is a great place to come to where I can get away from the every day stuff too, balance is a great thing.
I enjoy it here even tho some people are only here to try to get under other people's skin. Not a lot of places have such a forum and thats what people dont get, we can and will lay it on the line. We get to do that right here, in our own cities and towns.
Some of my family members have seen this site and some wish they had such a local site to say and hear issues and views laid out.
Untill Castanet I was always on sites from other places where if we met online and became good friends we could never meet face to face, travel was the issue. Here we can get to know each other as much as we'd like (or not like to) its our choice and best of all the connection with news bits like the fire forum for example and that cop chase in West Bank, the pics people provide of events happening,,,,
♥ You and 98 other users LIKE this post
sobrohusfat
Guru

Post by sobrohusfat »

Roadster wrote: You do get to walk away,,,

That's so true Roadkill! And, you know, how can we miss you if you don't go away?

:spinball: just playing, no need for roadrage.

PS - Get well soon then come on back Bikeguy25
The adventure continues...

No good story ever started with; "So i stayed home."
Roadster
Time waster at work

Post by Roadster »

sobrohusfat wrote:
That's so true Roadkill! And, you know, how can we miss you if you don't go away?

:spinball: just playing, no need for roadrage.

PS - Get well soon then come on back Bikeguy25

Now that hurt! Off to dig that hole in my back yard a little deeper, see,,, always get to walk away from it, even if I gotta pick up a shovel and do something that resembles work :dyinglaughing:
Captain Awesome
Buddha of the Board

Post by Captain Awesome »

I keep asking Jo to ban me, but I think she has a crush on me, and keeps telling me "no".
Sarcasm is like a good game of chess. Most people don't know how to play chess.
Roadster
Time waster at work

Post by Roadster »

Captain Awesome wrote:I keep asking Jo to ban me, but I think she has a crush on me, and keeps telling me "no".

She keeps telling us "No" too, But we keep trying,,, someday,,, Captain Poof! :dyinglaughing:
Bpeep
Mindquad

Post by Bpeep »

Why do you call him/her Captain Poof?
Seeking the apartment that is creating leasing interest concerns knowledgeable seclusive morons excessively.
Roadster
Time waster at work

Post by Roadster »

Babbitman wrote:Why do you call him/her Captain Poof?

That is the sound a him/her makes when Jo hits the big red button, Pooooof!

Return to “Social Concerns”