Not the brighest bulb in the package

Social, economic and environmental issues in our ever-changing world.
Fancy
Insanely Prolific

Re: Not the brighest bulb in the package

Post by Fancy »

WhatThe wrote:I still say its BS. as if other people haven't done something stupid. I'd be filing wrongful dismissal suits as actual job performance is not in question.
How is going on a trip on employer's dime and going against their code of conduct not be considered as job performance?
Truths can be backed up by facts - do you have any?
Fancy this, Fancy that and by the way, T*t for Tat
WhatThe

Post by WhatThe »

Did she actually fail in her actual job? Doesn't appear so, all she did was make an *bleep* of herself not give wrong meds.
Fancy
Insanely Prolific

Post by Fancy »

I didn't realize that was in her job description. Code of Conduct would apply to their dealings with the residents there no matter where wouldn't it?
fluffy
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by fluffy »

The questions that still tug at my mind are:
1.) Does the punishment fit the crime ?
2.) Would she have lost her job had there not been such a huge display of public disgust ?
3.) Are those who have participated in said public outcry free of similar faults in their own day-to-day lives ?
“We’ll go down in history as the first society that wouldn't save itself because it wasn't cost effective.” – Kurt Vonnegut
fluffy
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by fluffy »

Has anybody seen that she has actually been fired ? All I've seen so far is "placed on unpaid leave pending internal investigation".
“We’ll go down in history as the first society that wouldn't save itself because it wasn't cost effective.” – Kurt Vonnegut
Fancy
Insanely Prolific

Post by Fancy »

I think the heading on one site jumped the gun. I think they are still on unpaid leave. There wouldn't have been the public outcry if the picture wasn't posted on the internet so no one really would have known unless the residents were there at the time of the photo taking - nothing has been said about that from what I recall reading.

After further reading, yes they were fired.

Lindsey Stone’s, now former employer Living Independently Forever (LIFE) initially placed her on suspension along with Jamie Schuh who joined her in the incident, according to Fox News. On Wednesday, Fox News reported that both Stone and Schuh were fired.

http://www.examiner.com/article/was-fir ... ery-graves

The same furor that got them fired could get them rehired. Just need people to step up and state the girls have suffered enough.
Captain Awesome
Buddha of the Board

Post by Captain Awesome »

-fluffy- wrote:1.) Does the punishment fit the crime ?

Not even close. And it's not even about punishment, if I was the employer of this lady, I just wouldn't want to see this sad excuse of a human being near me. Some people don't have standards or a morale barometer - don't need people like this in my organization.
2.) Would she have lost her job had there not been such a huge display of public disgust ?

Would have, could have, should have...
3.) Are those who have participated in said public outcry free of similar faults in their own day-to-day lives ?

Sure hope so.
Sarcasm is like a good game of chess. Most people don't know how to play chess.
Fancy
Insanely Prolific

Post by Fancy »

Reading one website - it stated that the incident as well as the publicity upset the residents.
Bsuds
The Wagon Master

Post by Bsuds »

I would think her employer probably deals with Veterans and their families. So what she did would be very upsetting to them.
I don't blame them one bit for terminating her employment. Was a really dumb thing for her to do.
My Wife asked me if I knew what her favorite flower was?
Apparently "Robin Hood All Purpose" was the wrong answer!
normaM
The Pilgrim

Post by normaM »

-fluffy- wrote:The questions that still tug at my mind are:
1.) Does the punishment fit the crime ?

It isn't 1990 any more, nothing you do is private if you post it on line. At some point ppl might actually clue into that
to answer your Qs, yes, yes if the employer had seen it and yes, I have never disrespected a graveyard, let alone a place that many feel so strongly about.
If there was a Loser contest you'd come in second
WhatThe

Post by WhatThe »

I hope she's in the welfare line because "I was fired because some people are waaay too sensitive", Losers, she's an idiot.
fluffy
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by fluffy »

This incident has caused a lot of furor around the net, or more particularly people have reacted to this incident with a lot of furor. That a simple act of juvenile ignorance can incite such an uproar says a lot for our penchant for drama. That so many are quick to turn to personal insults and expressions of pleasure that she has lost her job speaks volumes as well.
WhatThe

Post by WhatThe »

-fluffy- wrote:This incident has caused a lot of furor around the net, or more particularly people have reacted to this incident with a lot of furor. That a simple act of juvenile ignorance can incite such an uproar says a lot for our penchant for drama. That so many are quick to turn to personal insults and expressions of pleasure that she has lost her job speaks volumes as well.

So true Fluffy, so true. At this point the reactionaries are the ones now acting juvenile and IMO are acting with malice. Imagine, hoping a person go homeless for a distasteful joke.

My families roots are drawn from WWII with death and misery (in fact my brothers and i wouldnt exist) and I am ultimately way more disgusted with a these so called forgiving Christians than miss Stone. You people ought to ashamed of your selves.
Fancy
Insanely Prolific

Post by Fancy »

You don't think the residents should have a say?
WhatThe

Post by WhatThe »

Fancy wrote:You don't think the residents should have a say?

Have a say in what? Whether she has a job? No. And if they were decent people they would accept her apology recognising a joke had nothing to do with their care.

Return to “Social Concerns”