Not the brighest bulb in the package

Social, economic and environmental issues in our ever-changing world.
oneh2obabe
feistres Goruchaf y Bwrdd

Not the brighest bulb in the package

Post by oneh2obabe »

You disrespect Arlington National Cemetery and think nobody will notice?
http://video.ca.msn.com/watch/video/con ... /17y9i2ck6
Dance as if no one's watching, sing as if no one's listening, and live everyday as if it were your last.

Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass. It's about learning to dance in the rain.
fluffy
Admiral HMS Castanet

Re: Not the brighest bulb in the package

Post by fluffy »

A bonehead maneuver to be sure, but hardly deserving of the attention it's getting.
“We’ll go down in history as the first society that wouldn't save itself because it wasn't cost effective.” – Kurt Vonnegut
Fancy
Insanely Prolific

Post by Fancy »

Maybe this attention will serve to enlighten those that think they can say and do what they want without repercussions. As the reporter stated, not only did they take the disrespectful photo to start with, but then had the audicity to post it online for anyone else to view.
Truths can be backed up by facts - do you have any?
Fancy this, Fancy that and by the way, T*t for Tat
oneh2obabe

Post by oneh2obabe »

Doesn't sound like her damage control is working ... looks like she'll be out of a job shortly.

http://www.wcvb.com/news/local/boston-s ... index.html
Dance as if no one's watching, sing as if no one's listening, and live everyday as if it were your last.

Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass. It's about learning to dance in the rain.
Fancy
Insanely Prolific

Post by Fancy »

Maybe they should look up the definition of "disrespect". They defied the code of conduct in place and it will be enlightening if these women choose to make amends - an apology won't do it.
LordEd
Guru

Post by LordEd »

The 'internet mob' phenomenon is really interesting to watch from the outside. This one is another example where somebody has done something publicly enough to incur the collective wrath.

First one I saw was "cooks source magazine" http://digitaljournal.com/article/300451. A stolen recipe turned into a full-out dissection of their entire content to reveal pretty much everything was copied. Sponsors were getting non-stop calls at the height of it.

The vancouver riots were the next example with the on-line shaming and firing of several targets.
Health forum: Health, well-being, medicine, aging, digital currency enslavement, depopulation conspiracy.

If you want to discuss anything real, you're in the wrong place.
fluffy
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by fluffy »

I wonder if a moment of poor judgement that resulted in nothing more than indignant resentment from onlookers is worth putting someone's life into turmoil? What happened to let the punishment fit the crime? There's a lynch mob feeling to this uproar to the point where her public apology counts for nothing.
“We’ll go down in history as the first society that wouldn't save itself because it wasn't cost effective.” – Kurt Vonnegut
BoB76
Guru

Post by BoB76 »

There's a site called the Chive that has tons of pictures under a category "I do what I want." It's mostly of people doing the opposite of what the sign says so unless she was actually yelling at the sign and making a big scene I see it as a joke. American's really need to chill out and worry about somehting of importance like the impending Turkey shortage after the mass slaughter!

I really don't know how she can be fired from a job as it was something she did on her personal time?
You can't fix stupid........BUT you can dress them up and over pay them to teach your kids!
Fancy
Insanely Prolific

Post by Fancy »

their employer has a code of conduct - depends on exactly how it is worded whether the ladies lose their job or not.
Glacier
The Pilgrim

Post by Glacier »

oneh2obabe wrote:You disrespect Arlington National Cemetery and think nobody will notice?
http://video.ca.msn.com/watch/video/con ... /17y9i2ck6

Hi, I'm currently in the US of A, and I cannot view this video. I get is a message saying this video cannot be viewed from my location (the USA?). Can you summarize?
"No one has the right to apologize for something they did not do, and no one has the right to accept an apology if the wrong was not done to them."
- Douglas Murray
Fancy
Insanely Prolific

Post by Fancy »

Stone was on the trip via her employer in which 40 residents and 8 staff members went to Arlington National Cemetery

Lindsay Stone posted a photo that was extremely disrespectful.

http://www.examiner.com/article/woman-f ... book-photo
oneh2obabe

Post by oneh2obabe »

Picture taken in front of the Tomb of the Unknown Soldier and posted on her facebook page.

Fancy
Insanely Prolific

Post by Fancy »

Posting pictures of herself doing the opposite of what signs say isn't too bright at all.
Bsuds
The Wagon Master

Post by Bsuds »

I'm sure it was done as a joke but is extremely poor taste! (and really stupid)
My Wife asked me if I knew what her favorite flower was?
Apparently "Robin Hood All Purpose" was the wrong answer!
oneh2obabe

Post by oneh2obabe »

Living Independently Forever, Inc., a Cape Cod based service organization for adults with disabilities, announced that Lindsey Stone and her co-worker who took the photo, Jamie Schuh, were released from employment today.

Wonder what they'll put on future application forms when asked why they left their previous job?

Return to “Social Concerns”