MADD Canada calls for drug testing at roadside

Social, economic and environmental issues in our ever-changing world.
GenuinelyInterested
Board Meister

Re: MADD Canada calls for drug testing at roadside

Post by GenuinelyInterested »

"Take away more of our freedoms"? Really? It's a freedom to drive stoned? What about our RIGHT to drive without having to deal with stoners on the road?
You are free to stay at home and smoke all you want, just stay off the roads.
kibbs
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by kibbs »

Driving isn't a right its a privilege society allows you by signing a contract that you agree not to drive wasted .if you do, you lose the privilege not a right.we weren't born with a licence we earned it.
Peace be with you.
fluffy
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by fluffy »

Yeah, I have to admit I think those thoughts are a little misdirected too cliffy. For the most part driving under the influence of recreational drugs falls under pretty much the same heading as driving under the influence of alcohol. It puts other at risk for no positive purpose other than one of convenience for the user. While the effects of pot might not be as severe as alcohol in limiting physical performance, they are there.
“We’ll go down in history as the first society that wouldn't save itself because it wasn't cost effective.” – Kurt Vonnegut
theyeti
Übergod

Post by theyeti »

i gotta say it is two different beasts ..

the weed may have an effect on driving i will not dispute that. however alcohol leads to aggressive behavior . where pot is not so angry .

this is huge when winter driving is considered . the sooner u begin to slow down the sooner u stop . so i gotta think that pot smokers r at fault less than the drunks . i feel our current laws demonstrate this .

all u ppl who r scared of pot smokers driving around probably have never smoked much weed and have no idea what u r talking about
fluffy
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by fluffy »

theyeti wrote:...all u ppl who r scared of pot smokers driving around probably have never smoked much weed and have no idea what u r talking about

That's a pretty big assumption there. One could also say that those intent on downplaying the risk are likely those that are driving around baked all the time. Did it occur to you that perhaps it might be direct experience that leads some folk to believe that driving stoned presents a risk to others on the road? The difference between pot and alcohol are not the issue here, the issue is physical performance behind the wheel. Pot affects reaction time and cognitive abilities hence you are not as good a driver stoned as you are not stoned and present a greater risk to yourself and others when you are stoned. This is not higher math. Why wouldn't you want to be at your best behind the wheel?
“We’ll go down in history as the first society that wouldn't save itself because it wasn't cost effective.” – Kurt Vonnegut
theyeti
Übergod

Post by theyeti »

i drive around stoned all the time . im working on 5 yrs without an accident . one seat belt ticket in the last 3 yrs as well . im not perfect but i am hardly boozy the crash test dummy
fluffy
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by fluffy »

I'm an alcoholic in recovery, coming up on twenty years sober. I drove around smashed all the time and never had an accident. The point is that accidents that do involve someone driving under the influence likely wouldn't have happened had that person not been under the influence.
theyeti
Übergod

Post by theyeti »

hey congratulations on winning your battle against the bottle .

that is something to be proud of !

ya i dont wanna sound like a defender of stoned drivers . just cuz i do it all the time does not make it rite .

i have a cousin who has some problems with drinking (real bad) got any tips
fvkasm2x
Guru

Post by fvkasm2x »

theyeti wrote:...all u ppl who r scared of pot smokers driving around probably have never smoked much weed and have no idea what u r talking about

I've never done bath salts, meth or crack... but I wouldn't want them behind the wheel of a car either. Your comment is completely invalid and not even close to accurate. I'm sure any intelligent and responsible person who smokes weed can admit that their senses and reaction times are impaired by ANY drug, including weed.
GenuinelyInterested
Board Meister

This video speaks volumes.

Can every one be sure that 100% of the time, they don't have MJ laced with something else? Are you willing to put your driving privileges on the line? EVERY time, ALL the time?
SurplusElect
Übergod

Post by SurplusElect »

Lacing marijuana, lol.
flamingfingers
Buddha of the Board

Post by flamingfingers »

^^ Urban myth that people 'lace' MJ. Some MJ strains are way more potent than others. That is how the myth got started.
Chill
MAPearce
Buddha of the Board

Post by MAPearce »

SurplusElect wrote:Lacing marijuana, lol.

lol ...you don't think it happens ...HA !
Liberalism is a disease like cancer.. Once you get it , you can't get rid of it .
MAPearce
Buddha of the Board

Post by MAPearce »

flamingfingers wrote:^^ Urban myth that people 'lace' MJ. Some MJ strains are way more potent than others. That is how the myth got started.

One word...MONSANTO.
Liberalism is a disease like cancer.. Once you get it , you can't get rid of it .
GenuinelyInterested
Board Meister

YOU may feel safe with your local source/supplier. BUT, are you so sure about the source of EVERY other user? You may feel confident about your driving abilities while stoned, can you personally insure EVERY other user/supplier/source of MJ and the abilities of their driving abilities?
I feel confident about my driving capabilities, I am not so sure about others that I share the roads with.

Return to “Social Concerns”