Student’s photo of leg reflects how women are judged

Social, economic and environmental issues in our ever-changing world.
Symbonite
Lord of the Board

Re: Student’s photo of leg reflects how women are judged

Post by Symbonite »

Oh please...

women wear the clothes when they go out very trashy and then when they get the looks then they are totally offended. but who knows what they are wearing at the clubs these days...havnt been there in years..but i can just imagine.
**Disclaimer: The above statement is in my OPINION only.
Fancy
Insanely Prolific

Post by Fancy »

That kind of thinking should have went out when the mini skirt came in.
Truths can be backed up by facts - do you have any?
Fancy this, Fancy that and by the way, T*t for Tat
GenuinelyInterested
Board Meister

Post by GenuinelyInterested »

I seen a younger woman at the drugstore today wearing VERY short shorts and big dark sunglasses. Her legs were very obviously very cold, in that they were exhibiting large red patches.
I could only think about how this poor, brain damaged, girl could think this "look" was sexy/attractive. I felt compelled to offer her my jacket.
Captain Awesome
Buddha of the Board

Post by Captain Awesome »

GenuinelyInterested wrote:I seen a younger woman at the drugstore today wearing VERY short shorts and big dark sunglasses.

Things people do in the name of fashion and attracting opposite sex...
Sarcasm is like a good game of chess. Most people don't know how to play chess.
mexi cali
Guru

Post by mexi cali »

women wear the clothes when they go out very trashy and then when they get the looks then they are totally offende
d

No, they become offended when they get the looks from the wrong guy.
Praise the lord and pass the ammunition
mexi cali
Guru

Post by mexi cali »

Right on the money. It is all about attraction and what they (some, not all) believe men are looking for. I have daughters, one of whom is the "it takes 2 hours to get it done right girl". She is very attractive without all of the war paint etc. and I have tried to tell her that guys in general don't care that they took forever to get ready and tried and retried on every piece of clothing in their closet but it falls on deaf ears.

Who doesn't like a pretty woman and i remember when I was a teenager and older being ticked off at women who made me wait while they got ready. I like the natural look with minimal makeup myself and I really believe that most men feel the same.

Having said that, I really like the short shorts and skirts. Anyone who says different is of the wrong persuasion. :discodance:

The picture however is an excellent example though of the view today and maybe forever and I liked Caps list also. It is simple in it's meaning but powerful in it's message and as a member of the pig set, I would say that the labels are all very accurate in how they portray the mindset.

Brilliant.
oneh2obabe
feistres Goruchaf y Bwrdd

Post by oneh2obabe »

mexicalidreamer wrote:I have daughters, one of whom is the "it takes 2 hours to get it done right girl".

2 hours to get ready ... you're kidding, right?
Dance as if no one's watching, sing as if no one's listening, and live everyday as if it were your last.

Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass. It's about learning to dance in the rain.
mexi cali
Guru

Post by mexi cali »

Sadly, no. :crocodiletears:
oneh2obabe
feistres Goruchaf y Bwrdd

Post by oneh2obabe »

Look on the bright side ... she'd be too tired to party taking that long to get ready.
Dance as if no one's watching, sing as if no one's listening, and live everyday as if it were your last.

Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass. It's about learning to dance in the rain.
mexi cali
Guru

Post by mexi cali »

You'de think so but nope.
GenuinelyInterested
Board Meister

Post by GenuinelyInterested »

TROWELing on make-up takes time. Drying and set-up durations can be lengthy depending on thickness and choice of "Notch" depth.
Warning: Exposure to H2O will cause re-hydration and cavitation. Both produce an undesirable effect. With practice and self-assurance over time, affects will be overcome.

Return to “Social Concerns”