Teacher bargaining

Social, economic and environmental issues in our ever-changing world.
George+
Walks on Forum Water

Re: Teacher bargaining

Post by George+ »

Back to the Canucks game for me. Go Schneider!
LoneWolf_53
Walks on Forum Water

Post by LoneWolf_53 »

Best idea you've had all day, get lost!
"Death is life's way of saying you're fired!"
Urbane
Buddha of the Board

Post by Urbane »

George+ wrote:
    They get all the salary increases and their staff gets more challenged students.
    Most SBAs have little respect nowadays.

The BCTF already sent proposals to the govt re improved bargaining.
    ZERO of them in this proposal.
    Now that's consulting and being accommodating???

THIS IS A NON STARTER. There IS NO TEACHER SUPPORT. They will be glad
    to wait it out for the next govt. and or the next round of bargaining, which
    is supposed to be happening right now.

Campbell tried the committee approach in the last contract with a mediator. (Vince Ready)
    NOTHING HAPPENED. Do you think teachers will fall for this, again?!
You are one bitter dude. I respected almost all of my AO's and in return I felt respected. Too bad it didn't work for you that way. When we read your posts about school based administrators you help prove the point that unions and teachers don't mix.

I agree with you that this proposal or in fact any proposal from the government will be a non-starter. The BCTF is not interested in cooperating in any way, shape or form to help change the dysfunctional system that we have unless they get carte blanche. That's not going to happen with this government and time will tell what the NDP does. Maybe Dix will take your advice and borrow another billion or so to pump into education. That's how much Lambert once as a starter. As I said on another thread earlier if Dix becomes Premier Dix we're going to be entertained royally.
George+
Walks on Forum Water

Post by George+ »

And, as I said earlier, we have ALREADY been royally entertained
By the last two idiotic Liberal premiers.

There is much to improve in Education.
Way past time to change the taxation system.
logicalview
Guru

Post by logicalview »

George+ wrote:And, as I said earlier, we have ALREADY been royally entertained
By the last two idiotic Liberal premiers.

There is much to improve in Education.
Way past time to change the taxation system.

I've been entertained immensely by the idiot Susan Lambert and the even bigger idiots like you going through all kinds of unionist gymnastics trying to excuse the BCTF greed, stupidity, and evil exploitation of children. And your innate love of communism just can't let you refrein from going on a rant about destroying the economy with stupid taxation policies. Like anyone, even nutless, would listen to a brainless twit like you about changes to the taxation system George.
Not afraid to say "It".
George+
Walks on Forum Water

Post by George+ »

Seems Obama and a whole bunch of
Democrats and Republicans ARE
Listening re taxation chnges.
Urbane
Buddha of the Board

Post by Urbane »

Good editorial from today's Kelowna Daily Courier:

SATURDAY, 26 JANUARY 2013 EDITORIAL

Give peace a chance

The B.C. Teachers Federation reacted as expected this week to Premier Christy Clark's proposed framework for a 10-year labour agreement.
The relationship between the province and B.C.'s teachers is so poisoned, it would have been shocking had BCTF head Susan Lambert not slammed it.
But what's so bad about prolonged labour peace? It would give the two sides plenty of time to climb down off the cliff and, who knows, maybe get along a little better.
We fail to see how a 10-year contract takes away teachers' bargaining rights. It would be negotiated, just like any other contract, and there was no mention of stripping contract language about class size, which Lambert staunchly defended as if Clark had announced it would be the first thing to go.
It's hard to fathom just how such a deal and the relative calm it would bring would not be good for students, as Lambert alleges.
A student currently in Grade 2 could graduate in 2013 without experiencing any disruption in their education or the politically charged rhetoric of a teachers strike... how boring. Better to indoctrinate them in union bully tactics at a young age.
By far the best feature of the framework is that if a deal is not reached by the end of summer, the following school year does not begin until one is complete. That puts pressure on both sides to come to the table with responsible proposals and hammer out an agreement in a timely manner.
Lambert slammed the announcement as political, leading up to May's election. Well, of course it is.
But that doesn't make a good idea unworthy of investigation.
Our kids deserve a shot at an uninterrupted education.
- Managing Editor
Jon Manchester
Gone_Fishin
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Gone_Fishin »

LoneWolf_53 wrote:Best idea you've had all day, get lost!

:coffeecanuck: :coffeecanuck: :coffeecanuck: :coffeecanuck: :coffeecanuck: :coffeecanuck:
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

A smaller government makes room for bigger citizens.

"We know that Russia must win this war." ~ Justin Trudeau, Feb 26, 2024.
George+
Walks on Forum Water

Post by George+ »

Ya don't get it.

Class size and composition will also be determined by a committee.
For now, let's just call it the 100 million dollar committee.

That IS teacher bargaining which was decided by a court of law that they have a right to bargain.
George+
Walks on Forum Water

Post by George+ »

This explains it further:
http://thetyee.ca/News/2013/01/25/BC-Te ... argaining/
McRae is DREAMING!
Urbane
Buddha of the Board

Post by Urbane »

We get it George. For you it's all about the union but for many of us on here it's all about the kids. Big difference. From Jon Manchester's editorial:

Our kids deserve a shot at an uninterrupted education.
George+
Walks on Forum Water

Post by George+ »

Sure they do.

But...at the expense of their class size and composition?
Silly... for them and their teachers to accept that.

STOP trying to be so PIOUS, Urbane. There is much more to this then you indicate.
Gone_Fishin
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Gone_Fishin »

George+ wrote: There is much more to this then you indicate.

Hey George, I would have revoked your teacher's certificate if I had found you so grammatically incorrect while you were teaching. You would have been whimpering about things other than class composition when you couldn't make the mortgage payments on your place in Joe Rich. :127:
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

A smaller government makes room for bigger citizens.

"We know that Russia must win this war." ~ Justin Trudeau, Feb 26, 2024.
George+
Walks on Forum Water

Post by George+ »

Joe Rich?

Post something that adds to the discussion.
Urbane
Buddha of the Board

Post by Urbane »

Here's something that adds to the discussion, George, and it's a question: Since you smear school-based administrators on here regularly do you see the irony of you being upset when posters smear teachers? Nah, I didn't think so. There were the school-based administrators picking up the pieces that teachers were directed to drop by their union and making things work last year. Who was it who stepped in to make sure that teams were coached or that trips went ahead or that graduation ceremonies were held? School-based administrators and yet you trash them on here. Carry on though because you keep proving my point that unions and teachers do not mix.

Return to “Social Concerns”