Teacher bargaining

Social, economic and environmental issues in our ever-changing world.
Urbane
Buddha of the Board

Re: Teacher bargaining

Post by Urbane »

George+ wrote:Another silly question, by Urbane.
    Maybe sort out the source.
    STRESS.
You're too stressed out to answer my question?
sooperphreek
Lord of the Board

Post by sooperphreek »

and government ministers should not retire with a lottery ticket. but they do. its the way of the world.
Urbane
Buddha of the Board

Post by Urbane »

sooperphreek wrote:and government ministers should not retire with a lottery ticket. but they do. its the way of the world.

So are you or are you not in favour of $1.6 million of taxpayers' money being spent on massages for teachers in Vancouver? It's a simple question. YES or NO? George provided one of his unintelligible answers but perhaps you can answer it.
logicalview
Guru

Post by logicalview »

Urbane wrote:So are you or are you not in favour of $1.6 million of taxpayers' money being spent on massages for teachers in Vancouver? It's a simple question. YES or NO? George provided one of his unintelligible answers but perhaps you can answer it.

perhaps George is a bit sensitive as he's the one giving out the massages... :dyinglaughing:
Not afraid to say "It".
Gone_Fishin
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Gone_Fishin »

George's massage.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

A smaller government makes room for bigger citizens.

"We know that Russia must win this war." ~ Justin Trudeau, Feb 26, 2024.
Urbane
Buddha of the Board

Post by Urbane »

:coffeecanuck:
George+
Walks on Forum Water

Post by George+ »

That's actually George TAKING a massage. :dyinglaughing:
And Urbane just doesn't know when a question has been answered.
Bargained benefits-sometime in lieu of salary increases.
Urbane
Buddha of the Board

Post by Urbane »

George+ wrote:That's actually George TAKING a massage. :dyinglaughing:
    And Urbane just doesn't know when a question has been answered.
    Bargained benefits-sometime in lieu of salary increases.
You really are a huge hypocrite George. All the time you talk about how there isn't enough money for students and then you applaud $1.6 million being spent on teacher massages rather than being spent on the education of students. It all comes back to salary and benefits for union members and the whole education thing is just a smoke screen. You should be ashamed of yourself. Continually the BCTF, with help from people like you, make teachers look bad and that makes me angry because I respect most teachers. They work hard and do a good job. I'm also angry with people who keep saying that it's all about the kids when (for them) it isn't.
LoneWolf_53
Walks on Forum Water

Post by LoneWolf_53 »

Urbane wrote:You really are a huge hypocrite George. All the time you talk about how there isn't enough money for students and then you applaud $1.6 million being spent on teacher massages rather than being spent on the education of students. It all comes back to salary and benefits for union members and the whole education thing is just a smoke screen. You should be ashamed of yourself. Continually the BCTF, with help from people like you, make teachers look bad and that makes me angry because I respect most teachers. They work hard and do a good job. I'm also angry with people who keep saying that it's all about the kids when (for them) it isn't.

We can only hope that there's an antidote in the works for the virus known as George. I can't see any group being to eager to embrace George, pretend they don't know him perhaps, definitely not embrace. :D
"Death is life's way of saying you're fired!"
George+
Walks on Forum Water

Post by George+ »

No, Urbane.
you don't respect teachers.
You trash talk them and the union
that got YOU your benefits.
Why not give yours to a charity?
Veovis
Guru

Post by Veovis »

George+ wrote:No, Urbane.

Trashing a corrupt union isn't trashing teachers though George. Many time Urbane applauds teachers and you come in and say that he is wrong for saying nice things about hard working teachers because those teachers aren't true teachers as they may not "love their union"

You need to find a way to separate the people from the organization since the ones running the organization have long since abandoned kids and teaching.

If anyone slings hatred around here towards teachers it would be you. Especially since you say you were never a teacher but constantly insult someone who was.
LoneWolf_53
Walks on Forum Water

Post by LoneWolf_53 »

George+ wrote:No, Urbane.

I've got a far better idea George. Why don't you give your body to science, because there certainly isn't anything else I can think of that you're any good for. Maybe science can figure out how you got such an abundance of the idiot gene.

Urbane has mentioned too many times to count, how he respects teachers and the job they do, he just doesn't believe in the union and most with a functional noggin don't have to put too much strain on it to see why that would be.

You spend all your time defending liars and shysters who have zero qualms about brainwashing, and using children to further their own selfish agenda, one that has nothing to do with caring about the children. NOTHING George!!!!!!!!!!!1
flamingfingers
Buddha of the Board

Post by flamingfingers »

The penultimate hypocrisy is a teacher who benefited by being a member of a teacher's union in garnering wages, medical, vacation, sick time plus comfortable pension benefits that the union negotiated in good faith with the employer. He now denigrates the body (union) that enabled him to live well in retirement.
Chill
Logitack
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Logitack »

its appalling
LoneWolf_53
Walks on Forum Water

Post by LoneWolf_53 »

Ummmmm............. my guess would be that had he had the choice of being in the union or not he would have chosen not.

I guess the lack of such an option eludes you two rocket scientists. Never mind the knowledge that since he is now retired, that would suggest that he got into the profession well before the BCTF and their nonsense came into being.

As far as appalling goes, that well describes the income of the plethora of useless directors, and their assistants infesting the BCTF. A group whose only purpose is to maintain conflict between employer and employee to justify their existence, and in the process hopefully bring more benefits to the members, not so much because they care about the members, but rather because the more the members get the more the BCTF can get their mitts on.

Quite the obvious self serving position, and you two have the gall to attack Urbane?

Rich, very rich!

Return to “Social Concerns”