Teacher bargaining

Social, economic and environmental issues in our ever-changing world.
George+
Walks on Forum Water

Re: Teacher bargaining

Post by George+ »

And...

You might want to read this just to get the other side:
http://bctf.ca/publications/NewsmagArti ... x?id=27953
Urbane
Buddha of the Board

Post by Urbane »

George+ wrote:Proof?

And I note that teacher's do not even elect BCTF local execs. by
    one member vote. They have to attend a General Meeting
    and actually listen to the presentations/debate.

Want to tackle this one, too, Urbane?
Local teachers attending a local meeting and local teachers attending an AGM at the coast is comparing apples and oranges. And it's not just travel distance. Only the reps are allowed to go and vote at the AGM while all teachers are allowed to vote locally. Bad argument. You lose again George. I favour democracy. You and your BCTF cronies don't and the reasons are obvious.
Urbane
Buddha of the Board

Post by Urbane »

More political garbage from this "non-political" organization . . .
:dyinglaughing:
Once again, George, you post something that totally shoots down your arguments . . .
Rwede
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Rwede »

In the 2005 election, the BCTF spent $5 million on a public media campaign to help defeat the Campbell government. That would have gone a long way toward having a democratically-elected executive.
"I don't even disagree with the bulk of what's in the Leap Manifesto. I'll put forward my Leap Manifesto in the next election." - John Horgan, 2017.
George+
Walks on Forum Water

Post by George+ »

And once again you show, Urbane, that you cannot listen to the other side.

The BCTF is apolitical. There are NO union levies for the NDP.
Maybe some people should just stop lieing or is it lying? Same thing.

I am sure you also know that only a hundred or so teachers attend the AGM
to elect a new exec. Why can't they vote in schools? at home?

Better get on the band wagon!
George+
Walks on Forum Water

Post by George+ »

Wrong.

This may have been teachers who banded together for this but NOT the BCTF.

Quit posting lies.
Urbane
Buddha of the Board

Post by Urbane »

George+ wrote:And once again you show, Urbane, that you cannot listen to the other side.

The BCTF is apolitical. There are NO union levies for the NDP.
    Maybe some people should just stop lieing or is it lying? Same thing.

I am sure you also know that only a hundred or so teachers attend the AGM
    to elect a new exec. Why can't they vote in schools? at home?

Better get on the band wagon!
You ask another poster to "quit posting lies" and then you say "The BCTF is apolitical." This is funny stuff. You just can't make up stuff this funny!
George+
Walks on Forum Water

Post by George+ »

While the BCTF has frequently called for the defeat of sitting governments because of their regressive education policies and legislative infringements on teacher rights, as an organization, the BCTF has never called for the election of a particular political party or donated money to a political party. Hence it remains non-partisan. Many other unions openly support the New Democratic Party and some are even affiliated to the NDP. They donate money directly to the NDP. When there are effectively only two parties in BC vying for power, the BCTF electoral stance of opposing the policies and record of a government or calling for its defeat is often misconstrued as support for the other party. Yet the BCTF to date has not endorsed or financially contributed to the election of any political party.

I perfer the word apolitical you might prefer non-partisan.
Urbane
Buddha of the Board

Post by Urbane »

George+ wrote:I perfer the word apolitical you might prefer non-partisan.
Everyone and his brother, sister, cousin, uncle, aunt, and dog know that the BCTF supports the NDP. Your use of "apolitical" to describe the BCTF is just part of the same erroneous narrative . . . no new schools are opened or expanded, education budgets have been shrinking, the government disrespects teachers, the government is anti-education, and it's all about the kids.
George+
Walks on Forum Water

Post by George+ »

The BCTF does not donate money to ANY political party.

Who teachers choose to support is up to them.
If they choose an Education campaign that too, is up to them.

There are no deductions for political parties.

The TRUTH speaks louder than FICTION.
George+
Walks on Forum Water

Post by George+ »

And here I thought the saying was;
"You could run a DOG in right wing ridings and still get him/her elected"!
Urbane
Buddha of the Board

Post by Urbane »

George+ wrote:The BCTF does not donate money to ANY political party.

Who teachers choose to support is up to them.
    If they choose an Education campaign that too, is up to them.

There are no deductions for political parties.

The TRUTH speaks louder than FICTION.
The BCTF spends lots of money on those anti-government ads, George, and everyone knows that. Even you. Susan Lambert has made it clear that she and her colleagues at the BCTF want the Liberal government defeated. Apolitical? Non-partisan? Time to give up the charade because you're fooling no one.
George+
Walks on Forum Water

Post by George+ »

Okey. I'll give up.
IF you concede you have no evidence that BCTF members have any part of their dues
deducted to directly support any political party. The NDP has to publish financial sources.
Do you see the BCTF there?

Who in education would not want the Liberals defeated.
You would have to be half blind and or completely stupid to believe the Lieberals have been strong supporters of Education.
But there are a few of those out there.

Actually, the blind are smarter than that.
Rwede
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Rwede »

George+ wrote:Who in education would not want the Liberals defeated.

Only the idiots that blindly follow their union around like inbred sheep want the Libs defeated.

There are a few smart ones that can actually relate a strong, free enterprise economy to increased government revenues to increased money available for teachers' pay raises. But, only a few. The rest are too fricken stupid and too indoctrinated by the BCTF, just like you Georeg.

The BCTF doesn't want labour peace. Without ongoing conflict, members may actually stop and ask why they are paying millions per year to feed a bloated, ineffective union executive. The more chit the executive stirs up, the more likely the sheep will think they are being looked after. Too bad the teachers, kids, and taxpayers suffer because of it.
"I don't even disagree with the bulk of what's in the Leap Manifesto. I'll put forward my Leap Manifesto in the next election." - John Horgan, 2017.
Veovis
Guru

Post by Veovis »

I'd like to review the BCTF financials that were up a few months ago for any political donations, but alas they seem to have taken the files down, and those were only for 2010. 2011 and 2012 have been never been available, it's almost like they don't want people looking at what they are doing.

Simply put, the current system has failed for 20 years and needs to be changed in the way agreements are made with teachers and government. Currently the BCTF attacks any suggestions and provides no thoughts, options, or ideas. They are simply so stuck in the mentality of wanting to get in a fight that they will do everything to provoke one.

Return to “Social Concerns”