Why French Kids Don't Have ADHD

Social, economic and environmental issues in our ever-changing world.
TMixer
Board Meister

Re: Why French Kids Don't Have ADHD

Post by TMixer »

Sorry, with all the evidence to support that diet and depression are actually quite related, it was "far reaching" that I had an issue with.
Socially anxious, anxiously social
dorito
Fledgling

Post by dorito »

TMixer wrote:Sorry, with all the evidence to support that diet and depression are actually quite related, it was "far reaching" that I had an issue with.

I agree that they are related. My issue was with the claim that healthy diet is virtually curative of depression, much more so than medication. Medication doesn't claim to cure depression, but merely help make the very real symptoms more manageable for some individuals, not all. And of course it has to be the right kind, right dose etc. I'm not saying that everyone who is a bit sad should just be handed out prescription for pills and sent on their way.

I was looking for the OP of that post to link a scholarly paper such as one written by a reputable doctor in a medical journal or a PhD in behavioral sciences etc. not a Wikipedia type link. It was quite a bold claim to make and he didn't provide any backup whatsoever.
TMixer
Board Meister

Post by TMixer »

dorito wrote:I agree that they are related. My issue was with the claim that healthy diet is virtually curative of depression, much more so than medication. Medication doesn't claim to cure depression, but merely help make the very real symptoms more manageable for some individuals, not all. And of course it has to be the right kind, right dose etc. I'm not saying that everyone who is a bit sad should just be handed out prescription for pills and sent on their way.

I was looking for the OP of that post to link a scholarly paper such as one written by a reputable doctor in a medical journal or a PhD in behavioral sciences etc. not a Wikipedia type link. It was quite a bold claim to make and he didn't provide any backup whatsoever.

I don't have anything to link to on this at the moment, but many cases of diagnosed ADHD and/or depression which drugs had no effect on, dietary changes were utilized and were virtual cure-alls for those individual children.

Is this to say all cases are this way? Absolutely not, but more and more research is showing that a more natural, less synthetic diet often is the one and only problem with many people. As more and more people turn to alternatives to harsh drugs, such as stark changes in diet and exercise, we are finding it is often not only more effective than traditional drugs, but also healthier than said drugs for the child overall.

As such, to call it "far reaching" is, in itself far reaching.
moerail

Post by moerail »

Have read all the posts on here, are meds the only answer, no, but they do help, doing a lot of research, Gabor Mate, dr in Vancouver, fantastic!!! Look him up, book scattered minds is amazing.
TJ05
Fledgling

Post by TJ05 »

TJ05 wrote:Healthy diet is indeed one of the leading factors in curing depressions. And far more effective than prescription drugs. I'd imagine it works wonders with other issues too.

I didn't make the above quote, Captain Awesome gets all the credit, I somehow messed it up in my post.
ikaga

Post by ikaga »

France eats more saturated fat that your brain needs to grow and maintain itself, and not sugar-spiking foods.

North America is obsessed with cutting fat and increasing sugar, margarine, grains, seed oils, and other garbage that is shown to be harmful. The food pyramid is upside down, the biggest con of our generation made to benefit agriculture, and make you unhealthy.

Links for those that like links

http://people.csail.mit.edu/seneff/adhd_low_fat_diet.html
http://eatingacademy.com/ Dr. Attia, awesome insight from a doctor
http://youtu.be/UMhLBPPtlrY Dr. Attia speech
http://www.fathead-movie.com/ can be found on Netflix and youtube
caffeine
Übergod

Post by caffeine »

I'm feeling very relieved right now. After reading all of this, I did a bunch of google searches and guess what I found?!?! There is info out there saying that pretty much every disorder is not real! Or if it is, all we need is natural things, or no more video games, or more video games, or to do things like someone's grandpa used to do them! I haven't decided yet which view I will choose to believe yet, that these disorders don't exist or that all we need is natural. But either way, there will be plenty of internet links to back me up. What a relief! Did you know that you can cure diabetes, and even cancer without dangerous prescription drugs? Somebody on the internet said that! Did you know that if we just went more natural, all of our problems would be solved? I don't trust these fancy scientists and doctors anymore, can't believe anything they say. I bet all that stuff about cynanide and arsenic being bad for you is just a conspiracy by the big pharma/ big food industry/ GMO fat cats. I mean, if you can't patent it you can't make any money off of it - right? In fact - I bet Cynanide and Arsenic are GOOD for you! It's natural . . .right? I'm gonna go and find that information, I know that I'll have to wade through a bunch of science mumbo-jumbo and other stuff to get to the answers that I want to see, but I'll find it somewhere. I can't wait to offer my new helpful advice to the next depressed person I see! "Pull up your boot straps, go for a jog and eat some spinach. And maybe steam it in fish oil too," I'll say. Boy will they love and appreciate me being all helpful when I say that!
Thinktank
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Thinktank »

^ that's a real simple argument. It's so simple in fact, it was difficult ( even painful) to read,
and didn't make a whole lot of sense - especially the part about cyanide and arsenic
being safe.

Lots of things can be cured with more natural methods - that's why more and more people are spending $billions
of dollars and avoiding pharmaceutical drugs like the plague. And it's not 'internet websites' that are giving the advice - it's
thousands of doctors.

The thread is about ADHD. I think almost everyone agrees, when 10% of kids need ritalin, that's a problem.
We did something wrong. We screwed up. And even though not all those ADHD kids can be cured, naturally,
I bet a big percentage of those kids ADHD problems could have been prevented if we did things differently.

Like rich rich successful business men do with their money, we have to start thinking long term - but with health.
WHEN WILL WESTERN WAR PIGS WIND THIS UKRAINIAN GENOCIDE DOWN?????????????

"Fisman's Fraud" - most important Canadian book of 2024. covid fear tactics of fraudulent scientist David Fisman - misinformation distributed by U of Toronto researchers.
TMixer
Board Meister

Post by TMixer »

...pretty sure that wasn't serious...
Thinktank
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Thinktank »

He was serious. He thinks only ritalin works for ADHD.

"Fisman's Fraud" - most important Canadian book of 2024. covid fear tactics of fraudulent scientist David Fisman - misinformation distributed by U of Toronto researchers.
caffeine
Übergod

Post by caffeine »

lol
TMixer
Board Meister

Post by TMixer »

Thinktank wrote:He was serious.

I don't think so, because...

Thinktank wrote: He thinks only ritalin works for ADHD.

That's not what he actually said.

The funny part is we both came out with the same meaning, ultimately.
WeatherWoman
Wicked Witch of the West Coast

Post by WeatherWoman »

Recent studies have seen an increase of ADHD in area with high use of pesticides.
"It takes a village to raise a fool." ~ Dan Mangan
Thinktank
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Thinktank »

WeatherWoman wrote:Recent studies have seen an increase of ADHD in area with high use of pesticides.

I know two orchardists who died suddenly - and it's my theory it was pesticides that did it.

And now, Joe Sardinha ( BCFGA past president) died at age 52, suddenly. I think - pesticides.

Glacier
The Pilgrim

Post by Glacier »

Joe Sardinha died of a broken heart after getting the boot and being stabbed in the back.
"No one has the right to apologize for something they did not do, and no one has the right to accept an apology if the wrong was not done to them."
- Douglas Murray

Return to “Social Concerns”