Financial rant. System is flawed and it makes me mad.

Social, economic and environmental issues in our ever-changing world.
givenrfarm
Board Meister

Re: Financial rant. System is flawed and it makes me mad.

Post by givenrfarm »

Just an update. I'm employed. There wasn't really a doubt that I would find work quickly. Still think the system in place to assist people is flawed. I'm lucky that I have an education and a trade. I wonder about the younger people that havent quite got that far but hold the desire and ambition to work. I do know there are youth incentives for employers. Is there a lot of use of this? Are there companies still wanting people directly our of courses and schools so they can be trained the way they like them to be? Do work places even job shadow anymore? I'm curious. I'm out of the loop on three things.
Chrome, cowboy boots, and a license does not, a professional driver make!
Horse, cowboy hat, and pick-up truck, does not, a cowboy make!
Twenty grand, twenty miles, and two tattoos, does not, a biker make!
Piecemaker
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Piecemaker »

Glad you were able to resume working. All the best to you.
Yes, the "system" is flawed. Unfortunately there is no "system" that can work for all people in all circumstances. Systems are policies written in black and white. They do not cover nearly as much grey area as real life presents.
It's possible to do all the right things and still get a bad result.
mexi cali
Guru

Post by mexi cali »

Atta girl.
Praise the lord and pass the ammunition
Jaide_d
Fledgling

Post by Jaide_d »

Wow I can't believe how many people are actually blaming YOU OP for being in this situation!

My mother is now a single mother and endured a few years of very difficult times trying to get by with bills, groceries, and supporting herself and my sister. Even despite having a decent-paying job she is having trouble staying on her feet! Luckily her youngest daughter is 15 and doesn't need babysitting . . .
So many people are so quick to judge when they have never been in a situation like this

From my mom's experience, OP, it does and will get better. You just have to endure the worst of it right now.
Also, go for the child support. I know you probably want nothing to do with him but it will be worth it. He may not be obligated to pay arrears so the sooner you file for it, the better!

I would honestly advise getting some sort of office degree via distance education. This way once you have the degree you can work regular hours typically 9-5, 8-4 etc mon-fri, be with your child, and still make at least $12/hour or more depending on the job you apply for.

Good luck and I hope the best for you and your family
Jaide_d
Fledgling

Post by Jaide_d »

Jaide_d wrote:I would honestly advise getting some sort of office degree via distance education. This way once you have the degree you can work regular hours typically 9-5, 8-4 etc mon-fri, be with your child, and still make at least $12/hour or more depending on the job you apply for.

ALSO! if you were wanting to take the courses full time, you could get student loans which would give you enough to live off until you can find something.

I personally just said an office job because absolutely anywhere in the world needs office workers, plus its steady work with little to no inconveniences except maybe restlessness.
mexi cali
Guru

Post by mexi cali »

Her situation has improved. Check a few posts back.
Praise the lord and pass the ammunition

Return to “Social Concerns”