Pink Shirt Day

Social, economic and environmental issues in our ever-changing world.
WeatherWoman
Wicked Witch of the West Coast

Pink Shirt Day

Post by WeatherWoman »

The sea of pink is everywhere today and I still feel like society is missing the mark with bullying.

I don't think pink shirts changes anything. It doesn't change the events the lead up to bullying, it doesn't protect people from being bullied.

Both kids wanted to buy the pick shirts from school and so i did because they wanted to but only one kid wore their pink shirt today. Their choice, not mine.
"It takes a village to raise a fool." ~ Dan Mangan
tommythecat
Fledgling

Re: Pink Shirt Day

Post by tommythecat »

It shows support, which doesn't necessarily change anything but it does go a long way imo.
Positive energy activates constant elevation
WeatherWoman

Post by WeatherWoman »

I bet there also a lot of kids out there wearing pink today to avoid being bullied for not wearing it.

I think it allows society to pretend they are really making changes without actually doing any work.
Last edited by WeatherWoman on Feb 26th, 2014, 3:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Jo
Slot 16

Post by Jo »

And if a kid doesn't wear pink, he runs a pretty good risk of being taunted for it (which happened to my grandson last year). Oh, the irony. He didn't wear it this year either.
Atomoa
Guru

Post by Atomoa »

Nothing ever changes!

Why bother trying to do anything?

Duh.

(15 years ago the idea of "anti-bullying" would be laughed out of any conversation - you SISSY)

To progress however, we need to stop rewarding bullies in the workplace financially. School is one thing, but get into the workforce and its square one.
The true business of people should be to go back to
school and think about whatever it was they were
thinking about before somebody came along and told
them they had to earn a living.

- Buckminster Fuller
normaM
The Pilgrim

Post by normaM »

And Loyal is making some extra money
I don't agree with it, and why pink fcs?
I didn't see a sea o pink while out and about, wonder how many will attend the walk?
If there was a Loser contest you'd come in second
Jo
Slot 16

Post by Jo »

Maybe the pink anti-bully gang will meet up with the pink anti-breast-cancer gang and there'll be a rumble. That would be worth watching.
the truth
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by the truth »

one of my sons did not were a pink shirt to school today also .I asked him why.he said I like to be different

works for me
"The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it." -George Orwell
normaM
The Pilgrim

Post by normaM »

A Bunny? The mascot was a bunny?
k, this is one strange little town
If there was a Loser contest you'd come in second
WeatherWoman

Post by WeatherWoman »

Seriously??? The bullies all wore pink shirts to school. I hardly feel that bullies were feeling outnumbered yesterday.
Attachments
splash14816.jpg
motokelowna1
Übergod

Post by motokelowna1 »

This also happens in work place just read some comments about a company from a web site called Glass door. This must stem from the top down must be one hell of a boss.

Pros – Some people are good to work with and benefits are better than average.

Cons – First let me say that the majority of the comments I have read from others are unfortunately true. Remember the purpose of this site is to provide honest feedback about working for an employer both good and bad. Sure you have to take everything with a grain of salt, however, most intelligent people will quickly derive if the overall comments are generally positive, negative or neutral.

Let me start by defining what the word "bully" means. The definition states; " use superior strength or influence to intimidate (someone), typically to force them to do something." WELCOME TO QHR. If you have interacted with the COO in any capacity you know what I am talking about. Leadership is non-existent at this company because senior management has lost focus and dropped the ball a long time ago. The turnover is horrendous in all departments and should raise a huge red flag to anyone considering employment. What baffles me the most is a handful of incompetent employees are protected while hard working, intelligent folks with good skills and integrity are too often given the pink slip. It is abundantly clear that motivation, morale, free speech and most of all RESPECT is absence. Have an opinion, suggest something new or have concerns about someone or something, my advice is its best you keep it to yourself or be prepared for potential consequences. HR is completely useless, helpless, powerless and follows the direction of the puppet master. Just keep your head down, mind your own business and you might be ok depending on which department you work in and who your manager is.

The future is very grim for this company and one has to ask themselves the question why does upper management allow this behavior to continue? The easy answer is because they can and they will and they DO NOT CARE about public opinion or outcry. To evoke change one has to admit there is a problem. The arrogance and ineptitude of the senior leadership team will most certainly be the final nail in the coffin.
WeatherWoman

Post by WeatherWoman »

Pink Shirt Day is coming up this Wednesday.

Another Year of really no changes in our society. My kids will have the option to wear there pink shirts but I will not require them to.
GordonH
Сварливий старий мерзотник

Post by GordonH »

Reposting this from another thread I posted couple of days ago:

I see pink shirt day is this Wednesday in the schools, my opinion on the bullying.

Ignore the bully (to much attention is placed on the bully) & help build up self-confidents/self-esteem of those the bully picks on. So they are no longer a easy target, thats life changer for these kids (and people in general).

When the bully has no more people he/she cant target, what happens to them?
I don't give a damn whether people/posters like me or dislike me, I'm not on earth to win any popularity contests.
Captain Awesome
Buddha of the Board

Post by Captain Awesome »

Pink shirt craze is dumb but harmless. Doesn't achieve anything but makes people feel good like they're actually doing something.

Personally, I believe there's a much better result from taking your kid to a gym than tossing him a pink shirt.
Sarcasm is like a good game of chess. Most people don't know how to play chess.
the truth
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by the truth »

agree 100%
"The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it." -George Orwell

Return to “Social Concerns”