Pay parking at provincial parks - is disgusting

Social, economic and environmental issues in our ever-changing world.
Thinktank
Walks on Forum Water

Pay parking at provincial parks - is disgusting

Post by Thinktank »

Making people pay for parking at a provincial park is disgusting. Because the poorest
people in the province will avoid going there, just because of the pay parking. I know
it sounds ridiculous, but I'm one of those people.

Sunoka Beach is one of the nice places in BC. For a while they had pay parking. I don't know if they still do. If they do still have pay parking, I think it's totally disgusting to keep a nice place like that less crowded and more pleasant
for the rich people i the province, by eliminating some of the poorer people from using the park.

We're the richest country on earth. Provincial parks like Sunoka Beach should be free to everyone.
To have pay parking at Sunoka Beach is a truly sickening way of screwing the poorest people
in this province out of something as simple as a nice provincial park.

What do you think?
WHEN WILL WESTERN WAR PIGS WIND THIS UKRAINIAN GENOCIDE DOWN?????????????

"Fisman's Fraud" - most important Canadian book of 2024. covid fear tactics of fraudulent scientist David Fisman - misinformation distributed by U of Toronto researchers.
1nick
Lord of the Board

Re: Pay Parking at Provincial parks - is disgusting

Post by 1nick »

I think if you pull up to Sunoka in your yatch there's no pay parking.
Bsuds
The Wagon Master

Post by Bsuds »

removed
Last edited by Jo on Mar 6th, 2014, 8:37 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: off-topic
I got Married because I was sick and tired of finishing my own sentences.
That's worked out great for me!
tgm929
Board Meister

Post by tgm929 »

removed
Last edited by Jo on Mar 6th, 2014, 8:38 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: off-topic
Hassel99
Lord of the Board

Re: Pay parking at provincial parks - is disgusting

Post by Hassel99 »

If a person can not cant afford parking, how can they afford the vehicle, gas, maintenance and insurance? Parking is miniscule compared to the other cost associated with vehicle ownership.
Thinktank
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Thinktank »

Hassel99 wrote: Parking is miniscule compared to the other cost associated with vehicle ownership.

It's the principle of the thing. I can afford $3.00 parking, but the poorest
people will avoid going to the really well kept Sunoka Beach because of that $3.00 fee.
It allows the richest people to have a more pleasant less crowded experience. And yet that tiny little $3.00
is not needed by our province. The provincial park should be FREE.

FREE.

FREE.

FREE.

I think it's disgusting to charge for parking at Sunoka.

"Fisman's Fraud" - most important Canadian book of 2024. covid fear tactics of fraudulent scientist David Fisman - misinformation distributed by U of Toronto researchers.
Dizzy1
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Dizzy1 »

Thinktank wrote:It's the principle of the thing. I can afford $3.00 parking, but the poorest
people will avoid going to the really well kept Sunoka Beach because of that $3.00 fee.
It allows the richest people to have a more pleasant less crowded experience. And yet that tiny little $3.00
is not needed by our province. The provincial park should be FREE.

FREE.

FREE.

FREE.

I think it's disgusting to charge for parking at Sunoka.

If they can't afford 3 bucks then they have more serious financial issues in life to deal with before they consider loading up the family truckster.

But lets say the parking is free, well now the parking lot is full and you'll be demanding that they build a bigger parking lot for all those poor people.
Nobody wants to hear your opinion. They just want to hear their own opinion coming out of your mouth.
jimmy4321
Guru

Post by jimmy4321 »

Got to pay the bills!!! If you are going to visit a park, why not the users contribute to the upkeep
Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Post by Queen K »

Just so you all know, the bathrooms at the SunOka restrooms have granite counter tops. Or as close to granite as you can get.

There is tonnes of parking there and it's not an easy place to access from other areas, in other words, there is no walkin option.

It is a fantastic place to take your dog(s) as it has a wooded area open for dogs, but no dogs are allowed on the main beach areas. Pic nic tables abound and there is an area for kids of course.

For those who are so inclined there is a booth to rent beach and water toys.

But parking was free last year, maybe not this year.
As WW3 develops, no one is going to be dissing the "preppers." What have you done?
LTD
Lord of the Board

Post by LTD »

jimmy4321 wrote:Got to pay the bills!!! If you are going to visit a park, why not the users contribute to the upkeep
that's what my TAX DOLLARS pay for
Bubalouie
Guru

Post by Bubalouie »

There hasn't been pay parking at Sunoka for at least two years.....
Dizzy1
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Dizzy1 »

LTD wrote: that's what my TAX DOLLARS pay for

Actually - your tax dollars are for lining politician's golden parachutes LOL ;)
Nobody wants to hear your opinion. They just want to hear their own opinion coming out of your mouth.
Thinktank
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Thinktank »

Bubalouie wrote:There hasn't been pay parking at Sunoka for at least two years.....

I wonder who exactly was the complete failure in government who put the pay parking in the first place,
and who was the decent, reasonably intelligent person in government who realized how insanely stupid
pay parking is - and removed it?

Last year there was no pay parking. I think it's is absolutely insane to try earn a few measely dollars
by forcing people to pay for a place like Sunoka, while we spend $1 million for Harper's car to India,
while we lose $2 million each year on an empty SOEC center, while we give our oil for really cheap to the Americans,
and probably give them dirt cheap electricity too. $3.00 for pay parking. It discourages the poor from using the park,
and makes a nice uncrowded beach for the richer people.

Anything that improves people's health - should be free. It would pay for itself ten or a hundred times in lower healthcare costs in the long term.

It's really ignorant. Who is responsible for putting pay parking at Sunoka in the first place? I'd like to know who did it.
I'd give him a phone call and let him know how absurd he is.

Steve-O
Übergod

Post by Steve-O »

I think it was Harpers idea.
Hassel99
Lord of the Board

Post by Hassel99 »

User fees are the new way. Adapt or get left behind.

Return to “Social Concerns”