Are you sick of all of the drug dealing going on?

Social, economic and environmental issues in our ever-changing world.
jimmy4321
Guru

Re: Are you sick of all of the drug dealing going on?

Post by jimmy4321 »

Is that Colorado setup near what your speaking of? They have limits also.
I think once the US gov reclassifies it, the race is on. If your concern is gangs then Canada will more than likely benefit having some similar laws.
Donald G
Buddha of the Board

Post by Donald G »

To Jimmy4321 ...

The best system I have seen proposed so far is the one that Canada was going to bring in April 1 with the following changes;

Make similar quantities and qualities available for stress relief purposes (like alcohol and cigarettes) and tax it. Use the tax money collected to financially support medical marijuana to people who can not afford it by use of a means test.

Since there is no RSD test for marijuana have a zero tolerance administrative proceedure to deal with impaired-marijuana. Age access etc according to present and ongoing (peer reviewed) medical testing.
flamingfingers
Buddha of the Board

Post by flamingfingers »

Donald wrote:

Legalizing small controlled (like alcohol) personal amounts of marijuana for medical and recreational use

When I lived in the ME, I needed an 'alcohol permit' that was supposed to only allow me 300 Dh per month for beer, wine or spirits. When I did reach my 'limit' the vendors simply quit stamping my permit book.

Donald, when in Canada have we ever 'limited' the amount of beer, wine or spirits that an individual can purchase? When has Canada in recent years asked for identification and run a tally on who has been 'limited' in the amount of alcohol they can purchase?

I happen to have a very nice collection of wine in my basement and no-one has suggested that this collection exceeds the 'limit.'
Chill
Donald G
Buddha of the Board

Post by Donald G »

To flamingfingers ...

The fact that you consider the controlled legalization of alcohol to be identical to the unlimited legalization of all quantities of marijuana is in itself evidence of your lack of knowledge as to how criminal drug gangs operate. You and your four Sect members continue to advocate for a system that would greatly assist criminal drug gangs in Canada to operate more easily. It makes me wonder if you yourselves are profiting from the marijuana trade as it relates to criminal drug gangs in Canada.

Why would you and they NOT support the clearly defined system that would make medical and recreational marijuana just as available, yet make it difficult for criminal drug gangs to operate? What is this obsession you have with doing it in a way that would help criminal drug gangs operate in more safety?
Last edited by Donald G on Mar 30th, 2014, 10:35 am, edited 1 time in total.
Omnitheo
Guru

Post by Omnitheo »

I see similar things in my neighbourhood. This car screetches into the neighbourhood, pulls into one of the neighbouring houses and this shady looking guy in his late teens, maybe early 20's pulls up to a house. He brings a big bag up to the house, and the people there give him a bunch of cash. He speeds off, and shortly after it sounds like a party is erupting at the place. numerous other vehicles arrive there for what I can only imagine is a night of sin. This shady delivery character has a sign saying Papa John. I believe this "Papa John" is destroying these lives. Delivering them these unhealthy substances which only seem to further encourage their life of shame and sin. What's even worse, is that it looks like other players have been moving into the neighbourhood. Clearly we're on the cusp of a full scale war for territory.
"Dishwashers, the dishwasher, right? You press it. Remember the dishwasher, you press it, there'd be like an explosion. Five minutes later you open it up the steam pours out, the dishes -- now you press it 12 times, women tell me again." - Trump
Danielson99
Board Meister

Post by Danielson99 »

I'm sorry but after reading this comment I can't help but think that YOU are the only person who's on drugs. Real drug dealers make a habit of being low-profile as possible. They do NOT come 'screetching' onto your street at high speed and walk up to a door with a bag in their hand. They do as very little as possible to bring attention to them. In street terms, they would be called a 'heat score' and their days of drug dealing would be seriously limited (which is a good thing).

You sound like you're willing to persecute someone who sells marijuana because you deem it an 'unhealthy substance' as you call it but why do you not protest the liquor stores? Why not picket out front of gas stations that sell cigarettes? Please don't lend more credibility to cracking down on people selling marijuana when they sell products that are much much worse for society right down the street at your local liquor store or gas station. That would be called hypocrisy.

In my opinion, they should legalize marijuana and then the police could spend all their resources and money cracking down on the people dealing hard drugs that are ripping apart our cities...like cocaine, heroin, crystal meth and so on. Our judicial system wastes hundreds of millions of dollars every year prosecuting people for marijuana....and that's a huge shame.
Danielson99
Board Meister

Re: Are you sick of all of the Drug dealing going on?

Post by Danielson99 »

jimmy4321 wrote:how do you know this guys history?

You can get any persons legal history with a few clicks of your mouse and for free. Just go look at the court records which are public record and free to obtain.
Donald G
Buddha of the Board

Post by Donald G »

To Danielsen99 ...

That would completely depend on what you meant by legalize marijuana and in what area. What amount? What controls? What inspection system? What restrictions?
flamingfingers
Buddha of the Board

Post by flamingfingers »

Donald, what FACTS do you have that proves gangs will benefit from legalizing all quantities and qualities of cannabis/marijuana in the face of changing perspectives towards cannabis in this culture?

You should know that the price of cannabis/marijuana has halved from what it was in the 1990s and is getting less and less profitable for gangs to capitalize on.

Why would CRIMINAL GANGS still try to flog a dying, soon to become a dead horse when they can rely on an old standby - selling women on the street and getting into more profitable endeavors such as crystal meth, oxy, coke, ecstasy, and more?

Cannabis/marijuana are old and stale.
Chill
Donald G
Buddha of the Board

Post by Donald G »

To flamingfingers ...

I have AGAIN answered your question about why criminal drug gangs are involved with marijuana on the April 1 string. I would appreciate you reading it this time.
MAPearce
Buddha of the Board

Post by MAPearce »

Omnitheo wrote:I see similar things in my neighbourhood. This car screetches into the neighbourhood, pulls into one of the neighbouring houses and this shady looking guy in his late teens, maybe early 20's pulls up to a house. He brings a big bag up to the house, and the people there give him a bunch of cash. He speeds off, and shortly after it sounds like a party is erupting at the place. numerous other vehicles arrive there for what I can only imagine is a night of sin. This shady delivery character has a sign saying Papa John. I believe this "Papa John" is destroying these lives. Delivering them these unhealthy substances which only seem to further encourage their life of shame and sin. What's even worse, is that it looks like other players have been moving into the neighbourhood. Clearly we're on the cusp of a full scale war for territory.

*bleep* the Papa John........
Liberalism is a disease like cancer.. Once you get it , you can't get rid of it .
maryjane48
Buddha of the Board

Post by maryjane48 »

no
Donald G
Buddha of the Board

Post by Donald G »

I am fortunate to live in an area where "making a drug run" is a leisurely trip to the local Shoppers Drug Mart. As I have found out from past experiences living beside the local "crack shack" can be interesting but pose problems for those who desire a quieter lifestyle ... which is most of society.

The police "rooting them out" can be a long term problem because of the protection given such people and places by the restrictions placed on the police by the modern interpretation of the charter. The judges making such interpretations have never had the pleasure of living with the consequences of their decisions, as those living near crack shacks are being made to do
Thinktank
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Thinktank »

Off topic
Last edited by Triple 6 on Apr 4th, 2014, 6:34 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: off topic comment removed.
WHEN WILL WESTERN WAR PIGS WIND THIS UKRAINIAN GENOCIDE DOWN?????????????

"Fisman's Fraud" - most important Canadian book of 2024. covid fear tactics of fraudulent scientist David Fisman - misinformation distributed by U of Toronto researchers.
atenbacon
Übergod

Post by atenbacon »

UltraViolet wrote:There must be a real demand for drugs in Rutland.

There are 3 drug dealers operating with 2 blocks from me.

Along with the drug dealers back and forth action, there are the customers(absolute freaks) racing down the streets to meet the drug dealers. The majority of the activity takes place between 5-11 p.m. nightly.

One is a drive up to the curb service, where vehicles pull up to a guy who looks like "Frankensteins" brother sitting or standing on the curb in front of a rented duplex.

The other is a dual service where freaks race down the streets and meet the dealer on the street in front of his rented duplex, or he races down the streets in one of 3 different vehicles and meets them within a kilometer of his home.

The third is a highly sophisticated operation using a Business vehicle(white van), as a front, making dozens of trips daily, delivering using a company van which makes him look like he's actually travelling back and forth for work. The guy running this operation came from the Island, where he was previously charged for possession for the purposes of trafficing. This guy, and his woman are always driving around and talking on their cell phones.

Personally, I am sick of it, the freaks, the crazy drivers racing to and from the dealers place, and the noise at all hours from the crappy vehicles these lowlife users are driving.

We have always had drug dealers in the area(which all got reported) and have moved on, but now there are 3 times as many, and nothing is being done about it.

Cops have been notified, and the same stuff takes place like clockwork!

I have never seen so many freaks in all my life.
Oh, and these drug dealers figure no one knows whats going on.
This crap keeps going on because Kelowna cops have no time to police the City properly!
Or does Kelowna need one cop for every 10 freaks?

Weird, all of the drug advocates say that drugs never effect anyone.

So you are saying that this is bothering you?

Makes the whole legalizing thing look ridiculous doesn't it?

I am an advocate for harsher punishment and more enforcement, so that people like yourself feel safe in the neighbourhoods they live in. I hope you get to feel safer in the future.
You have to keep an open mind until it is proven one way or the other. You just can't take the T.V. or internet word on it.

Return to “Social Concerns”