Landlords re-renting out houses with mold

Social, economic and environmental issues in our ever-changing world.
blackpanther

Landlords re-renting out houses with mold

Post by blackpanther »

Why can these land lords get away with re-renting houses when they know there is a mold issue , health board won't do anything anymore but when they know there is a issue . My friend had to move out with her family due to a bad black mold issue , now she sees the house is yes painted to cover it up and posted on castanet for rent and no nothing was ripped out to get all the mold out because the neighbors were watching so how can these slum lords get a way with it ?
blackpanther

Re: landlords re-renting out houses with mold

Post by blackpanther »

blackpanther wrote:Why can these land lords get away with re-renting houses when they know there is a mold issue , health board won't do anything anymore but when they know there is a issue . My friend had to move out with her family due to a bad black mold issue , now she sees the house is yes painted to cover it up and posted on castanet for rent and no nothing was ripped out to get all the mold out because the neighbors were watching so how can these slum lords get a way with it ?
Attachments
10264661_10154062524640424_386654890_n.jpg
Swoop
Grand Pooh-bah

Re: Landlords re-renting out houses with mold

Post by Swoop »

...hard to tell from your pic - but that appears to be the floor, and the black areas would appear to be glue residue from the lino flooring that's been removed...
doubleS

Re: Landlords re-renting out houses with mold

Post by doubleS »

Cause landlords can get away with anything they want. There's more rights for them than for tenants. BTDT. Rented a house..it was filled with mold. Despite of evidence and pictures....the board allowed the landlord get away with it by keeping the damage deposit for a wax spill on her carpet for the grand tune of 1,300. So since then-I don't trust landlords and take pictures of the house BEFORE I move in and make them sign the paper that they agree with the pictures that I took of the condition of the house before moving in. The landlord even went as far to claim damages that were already there before we moved in and even the walk thru paper didn't hold up in tenancy court either--she refused to fill it when we moved in. So the lack of that paper wasn't even enough to make the board realize she's up to something. Needless to say..the city's involved now since I've called them due to lack of permits building this and that and the health dept for the mold as well...so they are now paying out in thousands of dollars for fraud and lack of permits when wiring the place at the end. KARMA!

Return to “Social Concerns”