Truth about life expectancy

Social, economic and environmental issues in our ever-changing world.
Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Re: Truth about life expectancy

Post by Queen K »

There are a lot seniors one doesn't see very often because quite honestly, they have no reason to be out much. They live in independent living residences and when someone starts in about how OLD they are, "88", I have to console them with the fact that most of those living around them are well into their 90's, more like, 95 and up. And not one or two, but dozens.

The truth about life expectancy is that age is sky rocketing. Not incomes though, and their rents keep going up.

Most tell me that they want to "go" but every time they get the chance some do gooder calls their Dr. or 911. Then they are "saved" and sent back to live. The truth is, most tell me that they sure are ready, even if everyone else around them are not.
As WW3 develops, no one is going to be dissing the "preppers." What have you done?
Always Sunny
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by Always Sunny »

Approximately 10%-20% of KNOWN pregnancies end in miscarriage, but the number is widely considered to be MUCH higher than that as many pregnancies results in a miscarriage before the woman is even aware that she is/was pregnant.

So if the world's population is 7.157 billion today, then we can reasonably presume that at least 715,700,000 pregnancies were lost along the way. To follow your thinking, all of these "babies" had a lifespan of 0 years and factor into the average life expectancy? And this is using the absolute lowest figure of 10% (some sources suggest up to 50% of ALL pregnancies end this way). Abortion or miscarriage, your definition of "who" factors into these life expectancy figures is the same.

I think not.
Last edited by Always Sunny on Apr 19th, 2014, 9:17 am, edited 1 time in total.
normaM
The Pilgrim

Post by normaM »

And then there are some people who really do waste their valuable life .
If there was a Loser contest you'd come in second
doubleS

Post by doubleS »

I'm thinking you are thinking too hard.

Fact is people live to 80's that's the AVERAGE age pretty much unless people should decide to choose to stop taking life saving medications to stay alive.
matai
Banned

Post by matai »

I wish I never get there.

Return to “Social Concerns”