What is the dollar value of one year of life?

Social, economic and environmental issues in our ever-changing world.
Thinktank
Walks on Forum Water

Re: What is the dollar value of one year of life?

Post by Thinktank »

poor guy never agreed to anything i said. one time i took him to enderby to pick
up some stuff and on the way back i suggested we go for a meal at woodfire bakery.
nope. was he too cheap for a $12.00 meal? or what? but he seemed to only care about one thing - alcohol.

so next time i see a drunkard, i'll buy him a case of beer, maybe speed him up to his destination a little quicker.
WHEN WILL WESTERN WAR PIGS WIND THIS UKRAINIAN GENOCIDE DOWN?????????????

"Fisman's Fraud" - most important Canadian book of 2024. covid fear tactics of fraudulent scientist David Fisman - misinformation distributed by U of Toronto researchers.
Xia33
Übergod

Post by Xia33 »

pathetic attitude...maybe he couldn'[t stand the "holier than thou" aspect of your "help"
Thinktank
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Thinktank »

Alcoholics are insane.

Funny how some big corporations made $billions, while other pathetic people wasted their life
and their health with alcohol.

Profits.
WHEN WILL WESTERN WAR PIGS WIND THIS UKRAINIAN GENOCIDE DOWN?????????????

"Fisman's Fraud" - most important Canadian book of 2024. covid fear tactics of fraudulent scientist David Fisman - misinformation distributed by U of Toronto researchers.
1nick
Lord of the Board

Post by 1nick »

That reminds me,I need to pick up ginger-ale.
Xia33
Übergod

Post by Xia33 »

Alcoholics are insane.

as are some religious fanatics, some average people, some political fanatics...etc., you get my drift. Insanity can pop up in the most well meaning of people....all in what they choose to do with it, doesn't it?
Glacier
The Pilgrim

Post by Glacier »

Thinktank wrote:A
Profits.

Darn, now I'm thirsty. Time for a bender.
"No one has the right to apologize for something they did not do, and no one has the right to accept an apology if the wrong was not done to them."
- Douglas Murray
Atomoa
Guru

Post by Atomoa »

There was a recent court decision to a girl in Kamloops where DCT Chambers had to pay out to a family for being somewhat resposnbile in killing the worker, who was a father ect.

What struck me as odd (and insulting) was they put a price on the "loss of a Fathers love". It was around 70 grand.

Mothers apparently are priceless but it bothered me that they priced a Fathers love/being in a child's life at 70 grand.

...not sure if this is related, but just sayin'. I know plenty of people without (active) Fathers who would pay alot more than 70 grand to have that in their lives.
The true business of people should be to go back to
school and think about whatever it was they were
thinking about before somebody came along and told
them they had to earn a living.

- Buckminster Fuller

Return to “Social Concerns”