Firing the nanny

Social, economic and environmental issues in our ever-changing world.
fvkasm2x
Guru

Firing the nanny

Post by fvkasm2x »

Ha. Imagine firing a nanny and then have her refuse to leave the house for a month!
The judge says the family can't remove the woman from their home, because she "lives there" and they need to start eviction processes.
American legal system is ridiculous and sometimes it feels like we are on the way there ourselves.

http://www.cnn.com/2014/06/27/us/nanny- ... ?hpt=hp_t2
LoneWolf_53
Walks on Forum Water

Re: Firing the nanny

Post by LoneWolf_53 »

fvkasm2x wrote:American legal system is ridiculous and sometimes it feels like we are on the way there ourselves.

Just sometimes??????
"Death is life's way of saying you're fired!"
canada bound

Post by canada bound »

Its rough worrying about the nanny!
Last edited by canada bound on Oct 24th, 2014, 7:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Daspoot
Übergod

Post by Daspoot »

Actually it makes sense to me. Terminating a persons employment is one thing, evicting them is another.
On a different forum
fvkasm2x
Guru

Post by fvkasm2x »

Daspoot wrote:Actually it makes sense to me. Terminating a persons employment is one thing, evicting them is another.

They are there as a live in nanny. As in, the terms of their tenancy requires them to work.

If they are refusing to work, they should move.
Dizzy1
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Dizzy1 »

Nobody wants to hear your opinion. They just want to hear their own opinion coming out of your mouth.
Daspoot
Übergod

Post by Daspoot »

Daspoot wrote:Actually it makes sense to me. Terminating a persons employment is one thing, evicting them is another.

fvkasm2x wrote:They are there as a live in nanny. As in, the terms of their tenancy requires them to work.

If they are refusing to work, they should move.

I guess if the story is true as presented, then I can see the point, but since the entire story is reported from one of the sides view, I figure the truth may lie somewhere between what's in the story and the Nanny's side.

Without reacting to the color of the story and looking at the plain facts, She was fired, and may require some time to relocate, in which case some length of time to do so doesn't seem so unreasonable.
On a different forum
fvkasm2x
Guru

Post by fvkasm2x »

Daspoot wrote:I guess if the story is true as presented, then I can see the point, but since the entire story is reported from one of the sides view, I figure the truth may lie somewhere between what's in the story and the Nanny's side.

Without reacting to the color of the story and looking at the plain facts, She was fired, and may require some time to relocate, in which case some length of time to do so doesn't seem so unreasonable.

If the nanny was a remotely considerate person, easy to get along with, etc...

Then I doubt this couple would be going to the news. I doubt it would take as long as it did to try and wait for her to leave, then file a court case and have a judge rule against you.

I believe the couple 100% because if there were any leeway for the nanny's story... she would have moved a long time ago.
Daspoot
Übergod

Post by Daspoot »

You might be right, but then you might be wrong, even 100% wrong.
On a different forum
just popping in
Lord of the Board

Post by just popping in »

watched Nanny's side of story on news:

http://abcnews.go.com/US/nanny-leave-fi ... d=24380108
LoneWolf_53
Walks on Forum Water

Post by LoneWolf_53 »

18 or thereabouts frivolous lawsuits filed by this woman??????

Nuff said!

No need to hear her side of anything.
"Death is life's way of saying you're fired!"
Captain Awesome
Buddha of the Board

Post by Captain Awesome »

These days you never know what's frivolous what's not. All depends and who is presenting the facts and reality is very often very different from the general publics knowledge. Heck, everybody thinks that McDonalds coffee case was frivolous without even knowing that the lady suffered from severe burns requiring skin grafts and was simply looking to be reimbursed for medical expenses.
Sarcasm is like a good game of chess. Most people don't know how to play chess.

Return to “Social Concerns”