In two months, global warming pause can vote

Social, economic and environmental issues in our ever-changing world.
Glacier
The Pilgrim

In two months, global warming pause can vote

Post by Glacier »

"No one has the right to apologize for something they did not do, and no one has the right to accept an apology if the wrong was not done to them."
- Douglas Murray
maryjane48
Buddha of the Board

Re: In 2 months, the Global Warming pause will be able to vo

Post by maryjane48 »

if you are blind yes of course
ForestfortheTrees
Board Meister

Post by ForestfortheTrees »

Glacier -the interesting point here is that RSS (which is satellite based) shows a flat or declining trend, but the surface based measurements (HADCRUT, GISS, UAH) show an increase. Before we yell from the rooftops that global warming has stopped, would it not be prudent to understand the anomaly between the two measurement systems?? Any thoughts on this?

I use woodforthetrees for my comparisons.
Omnitheo
Guru

Post by Omnitheo »

"Dishwashers, the dishwasher, right? You press it. Remember the dishwasher, you press it, there'd be like an explosion. Five minutes later you open it up the steam pours out, the dishes -- now you press it 12 times, women tell me again." - Trump
maryjane48
Buddha of the Board

Post by maryjane48 »

lol according to glacier, venus warmed up by lighting itself on fire lol
Glacier
The Pilgrim

Post by Glacier »

ForestfortheTrees wrote:Any thoughts on this?

The difference is largely because we are in a pause at the moment. If we were still warming the various temperature methods would all be in agreement. Similarly, they would be in agreement if we were cooling. We could see another 1998 El Nino within the next year, and that would definitely stop the momentary pause. I see no evidence that the pause is long term, so I'm not sure what Omnitheo is trying to say.

We should place bets on whether Mr. RSS will reach legal drinking age.
"No one has the right to apologize for something they did not do, and no one has the right to accept an apology if the wrong was not done to them."
- Douglas Murray
Omnitheo
Guru

Post by Omnitheo »

Glacier wrote:so I'm not sure what Omnitheo is trying to say.

No explanation needed. You posted a small sample of data to support the agenda of denial. I provided the rest of the graph.
"Dishwashers, the dishwasher, right? You press it. Remember the dishwasher, you press it, there'd be like an explosion. Five minutes later you open it up the steam pours out, the dishes -- now you press it 12 times, women tell me again." - Trump
Glacier
The Pilgrim

Post by Glacier »

Omnitheo wrote:No explanation needed. You posted a small sample of data to support the agenda of denial. I provided the rest of the graph.

What are you talking about? My graph does NOT support the agenda of denial. I did not say that warming is still not a long term trend. I have actually posted a dozen times at least that the past 20 years have have the warmest since the thermometer was invented back in the 1600s.
- Douglas Murray
hobbyguy
Buddha of the Board

Post by hobbyguy »

Actually it does support the denialists.

There has not actually been a pause in global warming, air temps are not the only part of the globe that have been warming, the oceans not paused in warming up. http://www.epa.gov/climatechange/science/indicators/oceans/sea-surface-temp.html

It is possible, although I don't know, that the heat absorption of the oceans has caused the "air temp pause"?

And if there was a "pause" in global warming, why would the oceans keep warming?
The middle path - everything in moderation, and everything in its time and order.
Glacier
The Pilgrim

Post by Glacier »

hobbyguy wrote:And if there was a "pause" in global warming, why would the oceans keep warming?

The Ocean has also paused.
- Douglas Murray
logicalview
Guru

Post by logicalview »

Omnitheo wrote:
No explanation needed. You posted a small sample of data to support the agenda of denial. I provided the rest of the graph.

The only "denial" I see here is the Church of Global Warming eco-cultists still living in a bubble created in 2007 when the world conflagration predicted by the rock stars of the "Climate change" movement was nigh upon us. Since that glorious year when ex-Vice Presidents were taking home Oscars and Nobel Prizes for producing lie-filled drivel, not one prediction made by said rock stars has come true. Billions upon billions have been wasted by western governments to study and worse, "fight" this global catastrophe, and yet nothing has happened. The oceans haven't risen (maybe because Obama ordered them not too, as per his stupid 2008 speech) and the world hasn't warmed. The climate hasn't changed, or at least, not like it was supposed to as per the Rock Stars. At what point do some of these charlatans who have led us down the garden path, and profited immensely, end up being prosecuted for fraud? When do they start to pay for the massive amount of harm they have done to our society? When does this Ponzi scheme of man-made climate change finally end? When the world hasn't warmed in 20 years? 25 years? 30 years? At what point do even the most devout eco-cultists finally realize they've been had? Or is that just not possible?
Not afraid to say "It".
logicalview
Guru

Re: In 2 months, Global Warming pause can vote

Post by logicalview »

After denying there was any such thing for its first decade or so, the Big Climate enforcers now concede that there has, indeed, been a 17 year "pause" in global warming. Which, as I like to say, means that if your kid graduated from high school last month there has been no global warming since he left the maternity ward. On the brink of its third decade, how long will the global-warming "pause" continue? I dunno. But, however long it lasts, I don't entirely rule out climate mullah Michael E Mann's defamation suit against me outlasting it. Dr Mann uses legal threats to achieve his own "pause", using the sclerotic legal process to tie up his critics in procedural filmflam and silence criticism of his absurd and discredited science.

http://www.steynonline.com/6475/year-three-begins
Not afraid to say "It".
Glacier
The Pilgrim

Post by Glacier »

The reason believers in AGW are so stubborn about admitting the 17 year pause is because they claimed that if we reached 17 years without warming it would debunk their theory.

Of course, now they are about as hard to nail to the wall as a conspiracy theorist over 9/11 because they just come up with another excuse every time you debunk one of their assertions. Now they claim all the heat is buried deep in the ocean where you cannot measure it (conveniently).
- Douglas Murray
hobbyguy
Buddha of the Board

Post by hobbyguy »

Ooops, looks like yer "pause" stopped pausing: http://www.castanet.net/edition/news-story-119487-5-.htm#119487
The middle path - everything in moderation, and everything in its time and order.
Glacier
The Pilgrim

Post by Glacier »

hobbyguy wrote:Ooops, looks like yer "pause" stopped pausing: http://www.castanet.net/edition/news-story-119487-5-.htm#119487

You do know the difference between climate and weather, right? Please graph the past 17 years and 10 months with the RSS dataset. Hint: here you go.

ETA: Here is the graph for you. I had also posted it above, but it here it is again just in case you've forgotten.

17years10months.png
- Douglas Murray

Return to “Social Concerns”