The feminist movement is getting out of control.

Social, economic and environmental issues in our ever-changing world.
zoo
Übergod

Re: The feminist movement is getting out of control.

Post by zoo »

Glacier
The Pilgrim

Post by Glacier »

Jake Tapper over at CNN has taken on the latest radical feminist who said she doesn't care if innocent men lose their jobs over falsely claimed sex allegations.

http://www.dailywire.com/news/23919/jak ... frank-camp
"No one has the right to apologize for something they did not do, and no one has the right to accept an apology if the wrong was not done to them."
- Douglas Murray
Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Post by Queen K »

Glacier wrote:Jake Tapper over at CNN has taken on the latest radical feminist who said she doesn't care if innocent men lose their jobs over falsely claimed sex allegations.

http://www.dailywire.com/news/23919/jak ... frank-camp

And that is what I'm talking about when I ask men, "how are you protecting yourselves?" In another thread mind you. You can't have (stealing GB's language) lunatic person fem-nazi's like her who don't care about innocent men when she's painting all of with her delusional crazed fantasies that all men are sex fiends at all times.
As WW3 develops, no one is going to be dissing the "preppers." What have you done?
36Drew
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by 36Drew »

I'd like to change your mind, but I don't have a fresh diaper.
Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Post by Queen K »

That's just such a low blow Drew. ^^^
As WW3 develops, no one is going to be dissing the "preppers." What have you done?
36Drew
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by 36Drew »

I thought the same at first, but spend a little time researching the vitriol this lady has written in the name of feminism. It's disgusting.
Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Post by Queen K »

I've encountered people espousing vitriol against men. They were the fem-nazis from university hell, the ones I met were at a student newspaper conference in Ottawa. I get it. But it's still a low blow meme.
Silverstarqueen
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by Silverstarqueen »

36Drew wrote:

So what, you are saying it's great that this young man died of suicide?
I wouldn't call that a low blow, I would call that outrageously anti-male.
You would fall into "the more callous among us" that she spoke against.
36Drew
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by 36Drew »

Wow, I guess your reading comprehension is at an all time low.

This lady abandoned her son. When he tried to reconnect with her, she couldn't stand to be around him as he had issues with mental health. She protested and spoke against men's health in the most hurtful of ways, suggesting that if more men are successful at suicide than women, men should celebrate that they're finally better at something.

That this man took his own life is sad in and of itself. That his own mother's words and actions pushed him to do.it, in the name of "equality", is a travesty.

That you find it amusing enough to mock is just absolutely disgusting and diminutive.
Silverstarqueen
Admiral HMS Castanet

I guess, you, not being the mother of this tortured young man, would have no idea of what he went through, or what she went through being his mother, attempting to deal with his illness. Maybe you should try to see it from her point of view, as a single mother with a son with mental illness. Put that in your stein and drink it.

https://www.theguardian.com/media/2015/ ... tal-health

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/celebri ... -back.html
Silverstarqueen
Admiral HMS Castanet

Here is the rest of her quote (in the original post) which was about football and it's attitude toward young men and suicide.

" Then there is the uncomfortable fact that modern football, with the vast amounts of money and hero-worship involved, is hardly a comfort to young men anxious about their ability to carve out a niche in the world. With the emphasis on winning at all costs and making it by the age of 25, millions of young men are faced every day with the proof that they just couldn't measure up to the one thing they really wanted to achieve.

Football is all about emotional incontinence and blind devotion; it is as camp and overblown as a Bette Davis film, and hardly the best thing to dangle in front of young men who are already punch-drunk with hormones and hysteria. What does it feel like, waking up on a freezing morning to go to your minimum-wage job, and seeing those golden boys on the front of the tabloids earning £1,000 an hour and sleeping with beautiful young household faces? It's enough to make you suicidal.

No one is "in favour" of suicide, but when we interfere with people's right to take their own lives, we are on very dangerous ground. The level of pain that must have been reached to make suicide an option must be unbelievable. Perhaps all it behoves any of us to do at that point is to make the death as comfortable as possible. (Teenage suicide is like teenage sex: if you don't let them do it at home, they'll go out and do it somewhere nasty and dangerous.) And suicide, like car theft, is a side-effect of peace and affluence. You didn't get many suicides in Jarrow in the 30s, and until recently it was all but unknown in Northern Ireland. It really is one of those problems with no solution.

The last time I suggested that suicides should be left to get on with it, I received a small number of letters from people whose sons had killed themselves. All of them demanded an apology. I'd advise them this time to save their stamps because, you see, I don't care. I don't care because most nights of the week I still dream of my dad, who I saw waste away almost to nothing, eaten alive by the tumours that were his retirement gift for working with asbestos. Every day, as his legs went, as his sight went, my dad would declare that tomorrow he would be taking the dog out; he clung to life like a dog playing tug-of-war for the biggest, juiciest raw steak in the world.

To ask me to feel sympathy with suicides after witnessing this is, I suggest, just as unfeeling and ignorant as my callousness must appear to you - like asking a starving African to sympathise with an anorexic. In a society still beset with the most vicious social deprivation and rampant cruelty to the very young, the very old and the very weak, the voluntary exits of a few hundred able-bodied young men each year are best dealt with as private tragedies rather than a public concern. Let them go."
StraitTalk
Lord of the Board

Post by StraitTalk »

Silverstarqueen wrote:Here is the rest of her quote (in the original post) which was about football and it's attitude toward young men and suicide.

" Then there is the uncomfortable fact that modern football, with the vast amounts of money and hero-worship involved, is hardly a comfort to young men anxious about their ability to carve out a niche in the world. With the emphasis on winning at all costs and making it by the age of 25, millions of young men are faced every day with the proof that they just couldn't measure up to the one thing they really wanted to achieve.

Football is all about emotional incontinence and blind devotion; it is as camp and overblown as a Bette Davis film, and hardly the best thing to dangle in front of young men who are already punch-drunk with hormones and hysteria. What does it feel like, waking up on a freezing morning to go to your minimum-wage job, and seeing those golden boys on the front of the tabloids earning £1,000 an hour and sleeping with beautiful young household faces? It's enough to make you suicidal.

This is pure unfiltered drivel spoken by what can only be described as a disgusting human. This lady is the exact reason I made this thread, and here you are defending her. You either have no moral-compass, or you are willing to blindly support anyone in the name of feminism.

The American football system is likely exploitative and corrupt leaving thousands of young men unprepared for life, but that is the exception and not the rule. Days ago, I hired a young man who didn't make the cut for the CFL. He moved on and decided to start a career in business. He's got to be one of the most mature, honest, dedicated and disciplined individuals I have met in my life, and he got that all from football.

Maybe Americans should consider fixing their social and educational systems to avoid such a problem.

Add this to the myriad of examples on this forum of your abhorrent tunnel-vision and reading comprehension.
Silverstarqueen
Admiral HMS Castanet

No doubt, you haven't heard, there are plenty of people (not just feminists) concerned about the effect of football on young men. So it's not just me, and it's not just that particular woman quoted. One of my sons played football into his twenties, and I can tell you it was a serious concern for me that he should suffer physical or mental harm that could end a very promising future for him. He had at least one friend who had life altering repercussions from football head injuries. Yes, it definitely can affect their mental health during and after the fact. Young men in their prime taking steroids and showing every sign of suffering mental and physical effects of that. So not quite the rosey garden that you imagine. Yours is just another type of tunnel vision.

https://www.statnews.com/2017/09/19/you ... ns-safety/
liisgo
Lord of the Board

Post by liisgo »

Return to “Social Concerns”