The feminist movement is getting out of control.

Social, economic and environmental issues in our ever-changing world.
whatwhat
Lord of the Board

Re: The feminist movement is getting out of control.

Post by whatwhat »

the truth wrote:so whats your point ,??? women can complain, but men have to *bleep* --feminist at its best

Again with the putting words in people's mouths. No one is saying that, people have continued to say that men's issues are just as important.

The issue is making up facts such as "white males are the biggest group to be profiled and stereotyped".
hail Satan y'all
Silverstarqueen
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by Silverstarqueen »

liisgo wrote:This is what it has come too. Not to mention that most women see absolutely nothing wrong with it.
If this is what feminist and/or just other women with in our countries are willing to do and create then, "shame on you" its despicable and sick.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GO7YF7BfgXk

I don't think every male out there is a pedophile. But since parents (and airlines) don't know who the pedophiles are, they do have to be very cautious, and "scrutinize" anyone who has close contact with their children. Perhaps they need on board video surveillance next to certain seats, and put the minors in those seats. You can bet your booties that I watched all my kids swim lessons if there was a lone adult with them, male or female makes no difference to me.

I hope the airlines are also scrutinizing Trump in his future air travel now that there are 11 women claiming he can't keep his hands to himself in public. Up until recently, they wouldn't have had him under that kind of scrutiny in particular. With children, they have virtually no protection if traveling unaccompanied, so who's looking out for them if not the airlines. Who would the parent hold responsible if some child was molested?
liisgo
Lord of the Board

Post by liisgo »

[/quote]

I don't think every male out there is a pedophile. But since parents (and airlines) don't know who the pedophiles are, they do have to be very cautious, and "scrutinize" anyone who has close contact with their children. Perhaps they need on board video surveillance next to certain seats, and put the minors in those seats. You can bet your booties that I watched all my kids swim lessons if there was a lone adult with them, male or female makes no difference to me.
"So male or female, makes no difference to you" so your in favor of this airline policy including women? This is good as policies that protect our children are great and should include everyone, even if there has only ever been one case on the airline. You just said that your belief is that it doesn't matter which sex sits beside a child? So help the cause and send an email showing your support of the policy but that women should be included. Or your ok with the policy only including men, fathers, etc? Like millions of other men, there is maybe a higher chance of a women molesty a child on the airplane than any of us.
What society is fine with is when only the other sex is included in such degrading and immoral policies.

I hope the airlines are also scrutinizing Trump in his future air travel now that there are 11 women claiming he can't keep his hands to himself in public. Up until recently, they wouldn't have had him under that kind of scrutiny in particular. With children, they have virtually no protection if traveling unaccompanied, so who's looking out for them if not the airlines. Who would the parent hold responsible if some child was molested?[/quote] How about the individual involved? That one person out of millions of loving caring men and fathers out there. Have you ever researched the state statistical reports on who is more likely to murder a young child , mother of father? So are you ok with policies that do not allow women to be alone with children?
Looking after the safety of children is everyone's responsibilities. Blatant discrimination, ignorance to reality and other concerns based solely on sex is hypocritical.
Silverstarqueen
Admiral HMS Castanet

liisgo wrote:I don't think every male out there is a pedophile. But since parents (and airlines) don't know who the pedophiles are, they do have to be very cautious, and "scrutinize" anyone who has close contact with their children. Perhaps they need on board video surveillance next to certain seats, and put the minors in those seats. You can bet your booties that I watched all my kids swim lessons if there was a lone adult with them, male or female makes no difference to me.
"So male or female, makes no difference to you" so your in favor of this airline policy including women? This is good as policies that protect our children are great and should include everyone, even if there has only ever been one case on the airline. You just said that your belief is that it doesn't matter which sex sits beside a child? So help the cause and send an email showing your support of the policy but that women should be included. Or your ok with the policy only including men, fathers, etc? Like millions of other men, there is maybe a higher chance of a women molesty a child on the airplane than any of us.
What society is fine with is when only the other sex is included in such degrading and immoral policies.

I hope the airlines are also scrutinizing Trump in his future air travel now that there are 11 women claiming he can't keep his hands to himself in public. Up until recently, they wouldn't have had him under that kind of scrutiny in particular. With children, they have virtually no protection if traveling unaccompanied, so who's looking out for them if not the airlines. Who would the parent hold responsible if some child was molested?
How about the individual involved? That one person out of millions of loving caring men and fathers out there. Have you ever researched the state statistical reports on who is more likely to murder a young child , mother of father? So are you ok with policies that do not allow women to be alone with children?
Looking after the safety of children is everyone's responsibilities. Blatant discrimination, ignorance to reality and other concerns based solely on sex is hypocritical.
[/quote]

Yes, i believe the airlines, and parents, should scrutinize everyone who comes in contact with children, especiallly unaccompanied, male or female. And i suggested a video camera to accomplish this. So which part of this did you not understand?
Last edited by ferri on Oct 23rd, 2016, 9:37 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: fixed quote
36Drew
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by 36Drew »

Silverstarqueen wrote:I don't think every male out there is a pedophile.

I don't think every female teacher out there is a pedophile. However, there's been a lot of female teachers in the past few years found guilty of sexual assault of male students. Perhaps we need more men entering the teaching profession?

Silverstarqueen wrote:they do have to be very cautious, and "scrutinize" anyone who has close contact with their children.

I bet, when picking up your kids from school, that you've never had a teacher or office staff pull your kids away from you and ask "Do you know this woman?" and/or "Do you want to go home with this woman?" - That was a regular occurrence when I had occasion to pick my children in elementary school. Not because there was an issue with them not wanting to leave with me, or because there was any scene being made - but simply because I was a man around children.

Scrutiny can be terribly offensive. Some that you, as a woman in today's western society, probably will never encounter.
I'd like to change your mind, but I don't have a fresh diaper.
Silverstarqueen
Admiral HMS Castanet

Silverstarqueen wrote:I don't think every male out there is a pedophile.

I don't think every female teacher out there is a pedophile. However, there's been a lot of female teachers in the past few years found guilty of sexual assault of male students. Perhaps we need more men entering the teaching profession?

Silverstarqueen wrote:they do have to be very cautious, and "scrutinize" anyone who has close contact with their children.

36Drew wrote:I bet, when picking up your kids from school, that you've never had a teacher or office staff pull your kids away from you and ask "Do you know this woman?" and/or "Do you want to go home with this woman?" - That was a regular occurrence when I had occasion to pick my children in elementary school. Not because there was an issue with them not wanting to leave with me, or because there was any scene being made - but simply because I was a man around children.

Scrutiny can be terribly offensive. Some that you, as a woman in today's western society, probably will never encounter.

Having worked in a school, I can tell you that everone is very cautious about who is picking up a child from school. The only time we actually had to physically intervene was in custody or abuse cases, where you can bet we called the cops the instant the wrong parent turned up. School personnel cannot physically detain citizens but they can question an person male or female picking up the child who is not the usual pick up. If it were your child I should think you would want the staff to do the same. Unless you have worked in the care of children, perhaps you don't appreciate how important security is for the children in their care.
liisgo
Lord of the Board

Post by liisgo »

Silverstarqueen wrote:

How about the individual involved? That one person out of millions of loving caring men and fathers out there. Have you ever researched the state statistical reports on who is more likely to murder a young child , mother of father? So are you ok with policies that do not allow women to be alone with children?
[/quote]

Yes, i believe the airlines, and parents, should scrutinize everyone who comes in contact with children, especiallly unaccompanied, male or female. And i suggested a video camera to accomplish this. So which part of this did you not understand?[/quote]

Wow, I believe it was said in the post that "good" as in agreed that these policies should include both sexes, like you said it doesn't matter men or women. The rest were questions for you, like you asked as well. It sounded like you were in favor of policies to protect child and not gender specific. What part are you confused with?
Last edited by ferri on Oct 23rd, 2016, 1:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Entire post in bold.
StraitTalk
Lord of the Board

Post by StraitTalk »

I want to point out that the discussion, though good, is turning into a sort of male vs female debate in a sense. Try to avoid that please.

I feel like any policy in the name of protecting children should apply and be enforced to both men and women.
36Drew
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by 36Drew »

Silverstarqueen wrote:Having worked in a school, I can tell you that everone is very cautious about who is picking up a child from school.

Having had three children go through public school, I can tell you that the level of scrutiny executed is not applied in an even manner. My wife has witnessed this firsthand and was actually the vocal one. Thankfully I have one child left in high school.

Silverstarqueen wrote:School personnel cannot physically detain citizens but they can question an person male or female picking up the child who is not the usual pick up.

Now if only said scrutiny were actually applied evenly. No-one questions a woman on the school property. It just doesn't happen.
I'd like to change your mind, but I don't have a fresh diaper.
Atomoa
Guru

Post by Atomoa »

36Drew wrote:Now if only said scrutiny were actually applied evenly. No-one questions a woman on the school property. It just doesn't happen.

I live across from a elementary school. It's got to the point where I avoid my own yard when pick up/drop off time's occur.
The true business of people should be to go back to
school and think about whatever it was they were
thinking about before somebody came along and told
them they had to earn a living.

- Buckminster Fuller
Ka-El
Buddha of the Board

Post by Ka-El »

Man, that is some huge and heavy chip you guys are carrying on your shoulders.
You really need to organize an "us poor white guys so hard done by" parade :cry:
whatwhat
Lord of the Board

Post by whatwhat »

Ka-El wrote:Man, that is some huge and heavy chip you guys are carrying on your shoulders.
You really need to organize an "us poor white guys so hard done by" parade :cry:

Hey, being an older white male is hard okay! Someone might call them a hillbilly! The discrimination!

I'm sure the First Nations people who got taken from their families and put in residential schools, or African Americans who had to deal with segregation could totally relate to the "biggest" group to deal with stereotypes and profiling, white males.
hail Satan y'all
JLives
Buddha of the Board

Post by JLives »

Atomoa wrote:I live across from a elementary school. It's got to the point where I avoid my own yard when pick up/drop off time's occur.

It's no picnic for me either. Pick-up/drop off time is a nightmare.
"Every dollar you spend is a vote for what you believe in."
"My country is the world, and my religion is to do good."
Atomoa
Guru

Post by Atomoa »

Ka-El wrote:Man, that is some huge and heavy chip you guys are carrying on your shoulders.

Remind me again why the male suicide rate is as high as it is.

- Buckminster Fuller
Atomoa
Guru

Post by Atomoa »

JLives wrote:It's no picnic for me either. Pick-up/drop off time is a nightmare.

Well, I'm not sure you get the death stares and having to actually avoid eye contact is against my nature.

Traffic, omg yes. Everyone's looking out for "male pedos" but they should be paying attention to the lady in the van parked in the yellow zone not shoulder checking while drinking starbucks with a lap dog on her lap. That's the real risk, lol.

- Buckminster Fuller

Return to “Social Concerns”