The feminist movement is getting out of control.

Social, economic and environmental issues in our ever-changing world.
Silverstarqueen
Admiral HMS Castanet

Re: The feminist movement is getting out of control.

Post by Silverstarqueen »

Do you really think only fathers run into problems travelling with their children? Or is it only fathers that think they are discriminated against? After reading this I am glad I had my kids paperwork in order when I travelled with them.

https://www.theguardian.com/lifeandstyl ... t-surnames

"For anyone travelling without a parent with the same name as the children or other proof of kinship, passport control has a duty to screen for possible child abduction or trafficking. Yet this takes no account of the number of women who don't share their children's surnames or the fact that cohabiting families are the fastest-growing family type in the UK. In addition, a third of women in their 20s now keep their surname when they marry."
Silverstarqueen
Admiral HMS Castanet

More sexist profiling. Now a guy can't even offer a child a ride home without everyone calling police.

https://www.castanet.net/news/Vernon/19 ... hed-by-man
Atomoa
Guru

Post by Atomoa »

Silverstarqueen wrote:More sexist profiling. Now a guy can't even offer a child a ride home without everyone calling police.

You're' making the case for being anti-feminist with every ugly post you make. Keep it up.

Minimization and trivialization. You lump in story about a child abduction with all the cases of false accusations I've shown to make a joke. When your life is turned upside down and you are branded a monster for life because of gender discrimination I'm sure you'll find it equally as amusing.
The true business of people should be to go back to
school and think about whatever it was they were
thinking about before somebody came along and told
them they had to earn a living.

- Buckminster Fuller
Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Post by Queen K »

Silverstarqueen wrote:More sexist profiling. Now a guy can't even offer a child a ride home without everyone calling police.

SilverstarQ, you've just made me throw up in my mouth. Sexist profiling in today's day and age? More like, child predators are out there and ooooohhhh, remember Mindy Tran? And many other disappeared children? A strange man offers a child a ride and you're putting this under "feminism"?

You've just lost all credibility. All of it. You should be ashamed of yourself, deeply. :cuss:
As WW3 develops, no one is going to be dissing the "preppers." What have you done?
Silverstarqueen
Admiral HMS Castanet

I'm putting this under sexist profiling.
Atomoa seems to think it's under false accusations.
Both of which have been discussed at length on this thread. Both which Atomoa blames on feminism,(I don't).
This was not a case of child abduction there wasn't even an attempt to force the child to do anything. A guy offers some child a ride home and everyone jumps to the conclusion that it's a sexual predator just because it's a guy.
Atomoa
Guru

Post by Atomoa »

Silverstarqueen wrote:Atomoa seems to think it's under false accusations

What you are doing is muddying the water and it's absolutely ugly. I'm discussing a real issue than men can't work with children due to gender bias and how the demonization of men (yes by feminism) causes harm, pain and denies our children the right to be exposed to equal genders during their education. Yet here you are acting like a child suggesting I claimed that the "ask a child for a ride" news story was a case of false accusation like the father who was reported as a pedo for checking into a hotel with his teenage daughter, and carrying on dramatically.

Classic feminism. Diffuse, defect, muddy the water.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/men/thinking ... ng-reason/

Men won't volunteer to help the Scouts for one depressing reason: they'll be labelled paedophiles

- Buckminster Fuller
Atomoa
Guru

Post by Atomoa »

Silverstarqueen wrote:I'm putting this under sexist profiling.
Atomoa seems to think it's under false accusations.

Lie.

I never said anything of the sort. I posted multiple news stories of men who have been accused, beaten or murdered based on false accusation of being close proximity/taking pictures/checking into hotels with children. I also posted many stories about how men are being shut out of the education field due to this type of gender bias and demonization.

You made a ugly joke by lying and stating that I said (or must think) that story must be a false accusation story.

I dont have a opinion on that story. I know in this society that even if I saw a kid in the middle of the desert and alone - as a man - I wouldn't stop or offer him a ride so I have no idea why that man apperently offered a kid a ride. That's why male teachers won't even touch a wounded child at school to help them. Men are viewed that negatively in our society.

- Buckminster Fuller
Silverstarqueen
Admiral HMS Castanet

Atomoa wrote:
. You lump in story about a child abduction with all the cases of false accusations I've shown to make a joke. When your life is turned upside down and you are branded a monster for life because of gender discrimination I'm sure you'll find it equally as amusing.

I didn't "lump" this incident with anything. We don't even know what it's a case of,or if it could be a false accusation, but it isn't a child abduction.
No one is making a joke of this incident. But a lot of people are making assumptions, possibly unfair and untrue assumptions about the male involved.

What does that mean "muddy the waters"? It's an article about an abduction(according to you) or alleged attempt at abduction( according to you and others). We have no idea what the guy's intentions were, what was said, only a bunch of people presuming this guy is a pedophile.
We don't know what the guy said to the child, it is alleged he ask the child if he wanted a ride.
So I think it was good that it was reported, that police were called to investigate, and it should be left with them to investigate.
For everyone to presume that the guy (who has not been identified) had nefarious intentions, is possibly sexist profiling.
We don't know that his intentions were. We do know he did not take the child, and as far as I know that is not against the law. So why don't we let law enforcement decide what to charge him with, if anything, because right now, I don't know what you could charge him with (unless he's a registered sex offender, under conditions not to be near a child, then probably much simpler).
Last edited by Silverstarqueen on Apr 13th, 2017, 9:50 am, edited 2 times in total.
Silverstarqueen
Admiral HMS Castanet

Atomoa wrote:Lie.

I never said anything of the sort. I posted multiple news stories of men who have been accused, beaten or murdered based on false accusation of being close proximity/taking pictures/checking into hotels with children. I also posted many stories about how men are being shut out of the education field due to this type of gender bias and demonization.

You made a ugly joke by lying and stating that I said (or must think) that story must be a false accusation story.

I dont have a opinion on that story. I know in this society that even if I saw a kid in the middle of the desert and alone - as a man - I wouldn't stop or offer him a ride so I have no idea why that man apperently offered a kid a ride. That's why male teachers won't even touch a wounded child at school to help them. Men are viewed that negatively in our society.
"

You say you don't have an opinion on that story. Yet you say" I wouldn't stop or offer a kid a ride, ...so I have no idea why that man apperently offered a kid a ride." Yet you have already refered to it as a "child abduction". So it looks like you have an opinion after all. You say I have lumped this story in with false accusations, yet I haven't. Right now it is an unproven allegation of exactly what, we don't even know, because it sure isn't an abduction.
Atomoa
Guru

Post by Atomoa »

Silverstarqueen wrote:You say you don't have an opinion on that story. Yet you say" I wouldn't stop or offer a kid a ride, ...so I have no idea why that man apperently offered a kid a ride." Yet you have already refered to it as a "child abduction". So it looks like you have an opinion after all. You say I have lumped this story in with false accusations, yet I haven't. Right now it is an unproven allegation of exactly what, we don't even know, because it sure isn't an abduction.

What's the point of this post? Whether or not I have a option on a story that only your brought up, and your opinion of whether I have a opinion, despite me stating that I dont?

You stopped defending feminism 2 pages ago and seem to be on a personal crusade to invalidate me. That's great that you seem to believe that men are being unfairly profied in our society and that is causing serious harm to our society. I'm glad your mind has changed.
Last edited by Atomoa on Apr 12th, 2017, 10:38 pm, edited 2 times in total.

- Buckminster Fuller
Silverstarqueen
Admiral HMS Castanet

Silverstarqueen wrote:You say you don't have an opinion on that story. Yet you say" I wouldn't stop or offer a kid a ride, ...so I have no idea why that man apperently offered a kid a ride." Yet you have already refered to it as a "child abduction". So it looks like you have an opinion after all. You say I have lumped this story in with false accusations, yet I haven't. Right now it is an unproven allegation of exactly what, we don't even know, because it sure isn't an abduction.

Atomoa wrote:What's the point of this?

You stopped defending feminism 2 pages ago and seem to be on a personal crusade to invade me.

I posted an article that had nothing to do with you.

You posted a bunch of garbage in an effort to insult me , including,
"You're' making the case for being anti-feminist with every ugly post you make. Keep it up.

Minimization and trivialization. You lump in story about a child abduction with all the cases of false accusations I've shown to make a joke. When your life is turned upside down and you are branded a monster for life because of gender discrimination I'm sure you'll find it equally as amusing."

, You contradicted yourself, call it a "child abduction" when it wasn't, it was about sexist profiling,
You accused me of a lie.
and now accuse me of being on a personal crusade to "invade" you.

Why not just respond to the article instead of making a bunch of unfair assumptions and accusations, calling me a liar?
I am not "invading" you. I am expecting you to either make a reasonable argument about an article, or post whatever you like that makes some sense of what you have said.
Wouldn't you say it is sexist profiling that you presumed this was a child abduction when what it was, was a child who says a guy offered him a ride. Child rightly reported it because he was uncomfortable/scared whatever. But what does it have to do with my being feminist or not? You said "Keep it up". But when I do, you whine that I am lying or "invading " you. This is all part of your vivid imagination.
Atomoa
Guru

Post by Atomoa »

Silverstarqueen wrote:Why not just respond to the article instead of making a bunch of unfair assumptions and accusations, calling me a liar?

This is why :

Wouldn't you say it is sexist profiling that you presumed this was a child abduction when what it was, was a child who says a guy offered him a ride.

No. I said anyone offering a child a ride is crazy in today's society. What you are doing is trying to muddy the waters by using a very obvious example of a potential child abduction and lump it in with the stories I posted of men being falsely accused of being pedophiles for being around children, and how men are leaving the education fields in droves because of the demonization of men in our society.

It's an obvious attempt at invalidation.

But what does it have to do with my being feminist or not? You said "Keep it up"..

Yes that right. Keep it up. Minimize actual problems men face by being as ludicrous as possible. You continue to show everyone why modern feminism is toxic.

- Buckminster Fuller
Silverstarqueen
Admiral HMS Castanet

I didn't lump the article in with anything, you did that in your own mind, presuming that it was a child abduction.
It was an article, all by itself, pointing out sexist profiling as people, including YOU, presumed it was an abduction or some activity with a nefarious intent, when we don't even know if it was anything more than some guy doing nothing illegal at all. You muddied the waters all by yourself by running off about feminists, when as I have pointed out there are just as many males (including YOU) who are quick to presume every random guy in the public environment is a pedophile, when they appear to have done nothing illegal. You proved my point of posting the article, which was sexist profiling, when you presumed he was a pedophile just on the say so of a child, who incidentally did not report an abduction at all. Perhaps you can explain to us which law this guy broke, even before the police have done their investigation or even found or talked to the guy.

You like to dish it out, make it a fight about feminists and make it personal, but you sure don't like to take it. So if you are going to make antagonizing comments about what I never said, you are going to have a response, and be held accountable for your statements. If you want to discuss an actual article, instead of making personal, irrelevant, inaccurate, comments fill your boots.
Atomoa
Guru

Post by Atomoa »

Silverstarqueen wrote:If you want to discuss an actual article, instead of making personal, irrelevant, inaccurate, comments fill your boots.

You brought up the article and very desperately tried to prove a point with it. Sorry it didn't work out for you.

I'm glad that you now feel men are unfairly typecast and profiled in our society.

- Buckminster Fuller
Silverstarqueen
Admiral HMS Castanet

I had to check if it was April fool's or something, still good for a chuckle. One can only dream, lol.

http://www.huffingtonpost.co.za/shelley ... _22036640/

Return to “Social Concerns”