The feminist movement is getting out of control.

Social, economic and environmental issues in our ever-changing world.
zoo
Übergod

Re: The feminist movement is getting out of control.

Post by zoo »

It appears that facts and reality have no place here. When a feminists complains about opportunities and oppression keeping them from succeeding, do nothing to achieve their own success, just complain about it, and people challenge their complaints, they immediately attack back with, frankly the biggest pile of victimization artillery available.
Millions of women have succeeded everywhere, only thing stopping some is just that, themselves, nothing else.
Then comes the complete and stupid responses from feminists that they and and the ones that do nothing, are suffering from the "great oppression" of them, but only them as the others that succeeded somehow got lucky instead of working hard, long and actually trying.
Pretty clear society has heard enough of these feminists left over and great for the millions of others that tried, worked and because of that succeeded.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7cSrX2FJ-Q8
and this, cartoon might help,
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UH6ukanoQSI
Silverstarqueen
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by Silverstarqueen »

zoo wrote:It appears that facts and reality have no place here. When a feminists complains about opportunities and oppression keeping them from succeeding, do nothing to achieve their own success, just complain about it, and people challenge their complaints, they immediately attack back with, frankly the biggest pile of victimization artillery available.
Millions of women have succeeded everywhere, only thing stopping some is just that, themselves, nothing else.
Then comes the complete and stupid responses from feminists that they and and the ones that do nothing, are suffering from the "great oppression" of them, but only them as the others that succeeded somehow got lucky instead of working hard, long and actually trying.
Pretty clear society has heard enough of these feminists left over and great for the millions of others that tried, worked and because of that succeeded.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7cSrX2FJ-Q8
and this, cartoon might help,
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UH6ukanoQSI

Ah yes, your version of feminism would imagine that feminists do nothing to achieve their own success, while millions of women who are not feminists have succeeded everywhere. Obviously you have no clue about "reality" or "facts", or you've been living under a rock.
In fact more women are being elected to political positions (at least in some parties), more women have entered previously male dominated professions requiring higher education, while women's wages, job success, and financial security as a result is improving . The young generation of women is one of the best educated ever. There are more women in business, often their own businesses, as well as larger corporations. This is just a couple of generations, and it will continue regardless that some people seem not to want it to happen or won't recognize it even when it does happen. All women who have succeeded don't have to call themselves feminists, but how likely would it have been that someone like Maggie Thatcher could have been elected, say fifty years before? Attitudes had changed, a lot by the time she ran for election. And then what would have been the chances that another woman would be elected within so many years, except by the change in attitudes in Britain toward women in politics.

https://womenintheworld.com/2018/11/06/ ... -midterms/

Canada has been a little late to the party as far as females in politics, but progress has been made. The 2015 election holds the record for the most female candidates in a single election, with 533 women running for office that year, 88 were elected, also a record. Currently 92 as four more were elected. Again, some parties seem to draw more women candidates than others. It will be very interesting to see what the next election brings.
Silverstarqueen
Admiral HMS Castanet

In this case the grass is likely dead by now, that was published in 2009.
So a lot has happened in 10 years.
I think a certain amount of dis-satisfaction might be due to change in the role of women. A lot of it has been good, for the better, but change always involves a shift that might seem uncomfortable at first. And vice-versa, dis-satisfaction leads to change, as in the many women who have stepped into American politics because they can see what a mess there is, and they think they can make a change for the better. No they aren't sitting around doing nothing about it as zoo suggested, they are getting more involved in politics than ever. So it's going to have some effect. Dissatisfaction is not necessarily a bad thing, if it leads to action.
Silverstarqueen
Admiral HMS Castanet

I think one achieves satisfaction when all basic needs are met, such as a home, and a means of paying for it, childcare for children, enough good food for the family, health needs met, adequate heat in winter, viable transportation to work. Given that women are not making (on average) the same income as men, I would think some of these needs are not being met, leading to insecurity when contemplating the future. We know that a lot of families are having trouble meeting the costs. These are the sorts of things that lead to dissatisfaction for women.
averagejoe
Buddha of the Board

Post by averagejoe »

Watched the woman's march in New York City back on Jan. 19th. Apparently at the rally in Central Park before the march they got into a squabble and split into 2 groups because of disagreement with race and religion....

I'm sure they wanted to kickout all the Christian and white females out of the woman's rights groups like they did in California late last year.....like you know white privilege. :135:
Ecclesiastes 10:2 A wise man's heart is at his right hand; but a fool's heart at his left.

Thor Heyerdahl Says: “Our lack of knowledge about our own past is appalling.
zoo
Übergod

Post by zoo »

Constantly we hear feminists using the same studies and reports as their driving force of proving oppression.
Yet ALL these reports show the same, hours worked, time in these positions, locations, time off, seniority,taking extra tasks on, etc, as posted above.
So no feminists has ever said how they will make women fill the voids that they make themselves.
We would all like to hear your plans, force women to work the same hours as men, good luck.
Force women to work in crappy jobs, locations?
Work more than one job?
Allow more of their men to work only part time?
More chance taking and investments, (building homes at night on the side)
Support more of their men to not work at all.
Become more inventive and design products and build massive corporations that you can run yourselves.
Willing to give up custody in family divorce courts so they can get back to pursuing a career.

These are all items that would have a direct outcome on how much women make. As every single report states is the reasons for the difference. Do we need a Tampax commercial telling women they can do better, need to do better?
So Feminists, please support your plan, or is it just easier to sit back, complain and what the government to give you special privilege without the work?
Glacier
The Pilgrim

Post by Glacier »

"No one has the right to apologize for something they did not do, and no one has the right to accept an apology if the wrong was not done to them."
- Douglas Murray
averagejoe
Buddha of the Board

Post by averagejoe »

KiloHotel wrote:

Just watch from 2:43 to like 3:20 or so, kinda says all that needs to be said about the current state of affairs.

Man I wish I saw that in person! It was probably in Central Park.

I was 3 blocks away....darn!
Ecclesiastes 10:2 A wise man's heart is at his right hand; but a fool's heart at his left.

Thor Heyerdahl Says: “Our lack of knowledge about our own past is appalling.
LANDM
Walks on Forum Water

Post by LANDM »

averagejoe wrote:Watched the woman's march in New York City back on Jan. 19th. Apparently at the rally in Central Park before the march they got into a squabble and split into 2 groups because of disagreement with race and religion....

I'm sure they wanted to kickout all the Christian and white females out of the woman's rights groups like they did in California late last year.....like you know white privilege. :135:

Your "apparently" and "I’m sure" assumptions are wrong. Look it up. There was a split far before the date of the march and they were two competing groups. Women don’t all think the same or belong to the same group......neither do men.

Instead of applying incorrect guesswork, just google it.
You and 71 others Like this post
Silverstarqueen
Admiral HMS Castanet

zoo wrote:Constantly we hear feminists using the same studies and reports as their driving force of proving oppression.
Yet ALL these reports show the same, hours worked, time in these positions, locations, time off, seniority,taking extra tasks on, etc, as posted above.
So no feminists has ever said how they will make women fill the voids that they make themselves.
We would all like to hear your plans, force women to work the same hours as men, good luck.
Force women to work in crappy jobs, locations?
Work more than one job?
Allow more of their men to work only part time?
More chance taking and investments, (building homes at night on the side)
Support more of their men to not work at all.
Become more inventive and design products and build massive corporations that you can run yourselves.
Willing to give up custody in family divorce courts so they can get back to pursuing a career.

These are all items that would have a direct outcome on how much women make. As every single report states is the reasons for the difference. Do we need a Tampax commercial telling women they can do better, need to do better?
So Feminists, please support your plan, or is it just easier to sit back, complain and what the government to give you special privilege without the work?

As Kilohotel has pointed out, if men work long hours in crappy jobs, and less than wonderful locations, these are the choices they have made. If they take a chance on investments, their choice.
Men can choose not to work at all, or design products, run their own businesses if they choose.
Men have all the same opportunities as women now. Not always the same outcome can be guaranteed, just as for women.
Men need to stop blaming feminists for whatever ills they perceive with their lives.
36Drew
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by 36Drew »

Silverstarqueen wrote:As Kilohotel has pointed out, if men work long hours in crappy jobs, and less than wonderful locations, these are the choices they have made. If they take a chance on investments, their choice.
Men can choose not to work at all, or design products, run their own businesses if they choose.
Men have all the same opportunities as women now. Not always the same outcome can be guaranteed, just as for women.

So you agree, then, that there is equality of opportunity for both sexes? Finally, you've stopped moving goalposts.

Silverstarqueen wrote:Men need to stop blaming feminists for whatever ills they perceive with their lives.

Pretty sure Men are simply reacting to feminists blaming all their shortcomings on every target available save for themselves. If you, as a woman, don't like the way your life has turned out - you should start by looking in the mirror and asking yourself what you should be doing about it. Not society. Not "The Patriarchy" - but yourself. If you're 60 and have been a victim of the societal norms of the 60's/70's/80's and think it's too late - then perhaps you, now that you recognize there's equality of opportunity - should be providing better guidance to your female children. Guidance that extends beyond simply blaming someone else, and rather focusing on self-worth, self-improvement, and self-determination.

Glad you've come to the rational conclusion. Now we can put this thread to bed.
I'd like to change your mind, but I don't have a fresh diaper.
Mordu
Board Meister

Post by Mordu »

36Drew wrote:
(please see the previous page)

:up: But ‘t ain’t that easy when you have a person who is, “possessed by (the) ideology,” self-facilitating the thread.
28:40 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QBR1G8DlH9A
Silverstarqueen
Admiral HMS Castanet

36Drew wrote:
Silverstarqueen wrote:As Kilohotel has pointed out, if men work long hours in crappy jobs, and less than wonderful locations, these are the choices they have made. If they take a chance on investments, their choice.

So you agree, then, that there is equality of opportunity for both sexes? Finally, you've stopped moving goalposts.

Silverstarqueen wrote:Men need to stop blaming feminists for whatever ills they perceive with their lives.

Pretty sure Men are simply reacting to feminists blaming all their shortcomings on every target available save for themselves. If you, as a woman, don't like the way your life has turned out - you should start by looking in the mirror and asking yourself what you should be doing about it. Not society. Not "The Patriarchy" - but yourself. If you're 60 and have been a victim of the societal norms of the 60's/70's/80's and think it's too late - then perhaps you, now that you recognize there's equality of opportunity - should be providing better guidance to your female children. Guidance that extends beyond simply blaming someone else, and rather focusing on self-worth, self-improvement, and self-determination.

I have never complained that I didn't like the way my life turned out, so no idea what you are talking about there.
I have never blamed "the Patriarchy", so again, no idea where you are finding these "goal posts".
Better guidance to my children? you have no idea what guidance I have provided them, have not blamed anyone else, so what are you exactly responding to?
It's never too late for women to build on their success, and ensure that their later years are productive and enjoyable. Women are not done, just because they have reached some particular age, 60 or otherwise. I make more money now than I did when I was working for someone else, but women are still at a disadvantage in securing investment for businesses for instance (unless they have family support).
Unfortunately many of them did give up their most productive and financially rewarding years to raise children or care for family members (including sometimes husbands, parents, sick or disable kids), so they on average have less income than men of similar age. Unless we improve child care, elder care, this will continue to be a challenge for women so that women can continue to pursue their careers, much like men do in spite of these challenges. I think the percentage of men that have given up a career in support of their partner, to care for their family members is very much lower than that of women. So this needs to change if women are going to have adequate financial resources into their retirement years. Many of the women who have succeeded, managed to do so because their husband actually took more share of family responsibilities, so we can teach our sons to be more supportive of their wives ambitions. Perfect example was the film I saw the other evening about Ruth Bader Ginsberg. Yes she was very talented and driven to succeed. But she also had supports and advantages, and encouragements, a husband who supported her career, unlike many many women of her time. We don't yet have adequate day care in our society, hopefully this will be addressed. If this ever does occur, then I would say opportunities for women are more equal than they have been in the past. When I was growing up, I was actively discouraged by family or circumstances from reaching my full potential. This was common in those days, and I don't doubt it still happens with many young girls, but is improving. So when every young girl is encouraged to reach her potential, I think we will see a different result twenty years later in their actual accomplishment.
Corneliousrooster
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by Corneliousrooster »

How on earth did daycare become a desired outcome for society?

Having the state fund babysitters to raise the next generation so somehow a woman might feel equal by allowing her to have her cake and eat it to, at the expense of the relationship and bond of the child. Talk about misguided priorities....
Gilchy
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by Gilchy »

Corneliousrooster wrote:How on earth did daycare become a desired outcome for society?

Having the state fund babysitters to raise the next generation so somehow a woman might feel equal by allowing her to have her cake and eat it to, at the expense of the relationship and bond of the child. Talk about misguided priorities....

Having the state fund babysitters to raise the next generation so somehow a man might feel equal by allowing him to have his cake and eat it to, at the expense of the relationship and bond of the child. Talk about misguided priorities....

See how silly it looks in reverse? Why have the double standard?

Return to “Social Concerns”