Wendy's Drive-thru refusing walk-up customers

Social, economic and environmental issues in our ever-changing world.
Dave_1963
Banned

Re: Wendy's Drive-thru refusing walk-up customers

Post by Dave_1963 »

ps: Wendy's is the best. It's the only fast food burger joint where the bacon isn't so thin it's transparent.

You got that right! Plus they give you the biggest burger for the price than any fast-food chain I've ever been to.

People, don't get mad at me for complaining, but as a regular customer since they opened, I felt like I should have been treated better. I have had a drugstore open for me after they were closed because I am a regular customer, and they are stocked full of drugs any addict would give their left n*t for. I would have thought Wendy's would have given me the same consideration as I am just as much a regular to them as I am to the drugstore. G'nite!
Jonrox

Post by Jonrox »

When you go inside to sit down, do you get the VIP table and a personal visit from the chef? Oh right. It's a fast food joint staffed by high school kids that don't care who you think you are.
nannaloveskids1964

Post by nannaloveskids1964 »

Who in their right mind would walk through a drive thru?
mexi cali
Guru

Post by mexi cali »

I get the whole respect thing man but having been turned away from the drive thru on foot myself back in the day, I get it. They have policies and it is all about safety.

Respect is a two way street and you respecting them for honoring their corporate policies is as important.
Praise the lord and pass the ammunition
FreeRights
Guru

Post by FreeRights »

Dave_1963 wrote:ps: Wendy's is the best. It's the only fast food burger joint where the bacon isn't so thin it's transparent.

You got that right! Plus they give you the biggest burger for the price than any fast-food chain I've ever been to.

People, don't get mad at me for complaining, but as a regular customer since they opened, I felt like I should have been treated better. I have had a drugstore open for me after they were closed because I am a regular customer, and they are stocked full of drugs any addict would give their left n*t for. I would have thought Wendy's would have given me the same consideration as I am just as much a regular to them as I am to the drugstore. G'nite!

I don't think anybody is getting mad at you for complaining, but you do seem awful self-centred and selfish in that, according to your own stories, you apparently go and complain to everybody until you get your way. I'm the sort of person who develops safety policies like that, and I commend the staff that do not give you preferential or special treatment. By not only allowing, but expecting that the staff of these locations should disobey their own corporate policies and procedures to get you what you want is selfish. Putting these people in a position where they could have easily been disciplined by their employer, or put themselves in a potentially unsafe situation, then complaining when they don't is very self-centred.

Based on the story that you provided, you do not come across to me like a very good customer at all. Good customers follow the rules that others follow, and at the very least, understand an establishments operating hours so you would have arrived when the front of house was open. Unfortunately, you arrived at a time where it was not open, and you mindfully chose not to take a motor vehicle, and the establishment is not responsible for your actions.

Filing a complaint with Environment Canada is hilarious and really reinforces the idea that I have in my head that all you do all day is complain to get your way. The stories in this thread that you provided reflect that.
Come quickly Jesus, we're barely holding on.
Bsuds
The Wagon Master

Post by Bsuds »

nannaloveskids1964 wrote:Who in their right mind would walk through a drive thru?

I think you mean "who in their wrong mind"
I got Married because I was sick and tired of finishing my own sentences.
That's worked out great for me!
my5cents
Guru

Post by my5cents »

I think you're being a little hard on Dave, on this one.

I hadn't though much about the subject until this topic came up. I have been in a long line-up inside Wendy's and thought that I should just walk outside and line up with the cars as it seems they get priority (but of course never did).

It makes sense that it would be very dangerous for Dave to mingle with the cars and I support the idea of not allowing it. Having said that, I think, Wendy's perhaps could have served him and said "sorry you can't do this again".

Having said that, Wendy's may have a rule that states they can't make an exception. I wouldn't want an employee to be in trouble for doing Dave a kindness.

I did run into a similar circumstance at a gas station out in Winfield. Took my barbeque propane tank to work with the intension of getting if filled on the way home. As luck would have it a gas war. Cars were lined up to the street. I didn't want/need gas (company car).

I asked the attendant, "what do I do, walk behind the last car ?".
Reply, "We're busy selling gas, we've got no time to sell you propane".

Last drop of anything I ever bought there.
"The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who haven't got it"
FreeRights
Guru

Post by FreeRights »

my5cents wrote:I think you're being a little hard on Dave, on this one.

I hadn't though much about the subject until this topic came up. I have been in a long line-up inside Wendy's and thought that I should just walk outside and line up with the cars as it seems they get priority (but of course never did).

It makes sense that it would be very dangerous for Dave to mingle with the cars and I support the idea of not allowing it. Having said that, I think, Wendy's perhaps could have served him and said "sorry you can't do this again".

Having said that, Wendy's may have a rule that states they can't make an exception. I wouldn't want an employee to be in trouble for doing Dave a kindness.

I did run into a similar circumstance at a gas station out in Winfield. Took my barbeque propane tank to work with the intension of getting if filled on the way home. As luck would have it a gas war. Cars were lined up to the street. I didn't want/need gas (company car).

I asked the attendant, "what do I do, walk behind the last car ?".
Reply, "We're busy selling gas, we've got no time to sell you propane".

Last drop of anything I ever bought there.

There's a difference between employees refusing service because they are too busy (absolutely no excuse for that) and refusing service based on policy.
Come quickly Jesus, we're barely holding on.
my5cents
Guru

Post by my5cents »

FreeRights wrote:There's a difference between employees refusing service because they are too busy (absolutely no excuse for that) and refusing service based on policy.

You missed the point. I was indicating that all I was thinking about was my place in line to be served, by standing in a line of cars, and had not thought of the danger I was in.

As a footnote, and ironically, I was "saved" from being in jeopardy because of an ignorant employee.
"The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who haven't got it"
Bsuds
The Wagon Master

Post by Bsuds »

my5cents wrote:You missed the point. I was indicating that all I was thinking about was my place in line to be served, by standing in a line of cars, and had not thought of the danger I was in.

As a footnote, and ironically, I was "saved" from being in jeopardy because of an ignorant employee.

It is possible that the employee wasn't the one being...lets say, less than intelligent
Green-light
Fledgling

Post by Green-light »

The reason for refusal of pedestrian traffic at drive through windows is due to safety reg.'s.
A pedestrian can easily overpower a cashier at a window to access the til.
A driver in a car is much less of a risk.
These practices are put into place because of idiots in the past taking advantage of such situations.
Don't be angry with those who put safety measures in place.
Instead, be angry with your fellow person.
They are the idiots that provide a need for such measures.

Note:
If you know an idiot that would do such a thing, give them a cuff in the ear, and the next time they do something stupid to others for personal gain, cuff them harder (same ear) and do not hesitate for one second to "rat them out".
If you let them continue while sitting idly by, you are just as much of an idiot as they.
my5cents
Guru

Post by my5cents »

Bsuds wrote:It is possible that the employee wasn't the one being...lets say, less than intelligent

So I'm "less than intelligent" for wanting to purchase a product other than gasoline at a service station that sells multiple types of fuels ?
Bsuds
The Wagon Master

Post by Bsuds »

Bsuds wrote:It is possible that the employee wasn't the one being...lets say, less than intelligent
my5cents wrote:So I'm "less than intelligent" for wanting to purchase a product other than gasoline at a service station that sells multiple types of fuels ?

No but for walking through a drive through the possibility does exist that it wasn't one of the brightest decisions for the OP to make.

Return to “Social Concerns”