Oceans warming much faster than expected.

Social, economic and environmental issues in our ever-changing world.
zzontar
Guru

Re: Oceans warming much faster than expected.

Post by zzontar »

Nibs wrote:Zzontar, those are my conclusions, made after 35 years of observations. You will have to draw your own conclusions after your own studies.

Hmmmm, so you have a theory about a conspiracy with no solid proof to back it up... remember that.
They say you can't believe everything they say.
I Think
Walks on Forum Water

Post by I Think »

Where did I say I had no solid proof, I challenged you to make your own conclusions.
We're lost but we're making good time.
zzontar
Guru

Post by zzontar »

Nibs wrote:Where did I say I had no solid proof, I challenged you to make your own conclusions.

You didn't present any solid proof, which is generally what you do if you have any. There wouldn't even be a forum if all the threads went "I challenge you to make your own conclusions" "Okay, and I challenge you to make your own too." Your alleged conspiracy would involve thousands and thousands of people, surely you must have some solid proof.
I Think
Walks on Forum Water

Post by I Think »

Zzontar, something may have been proved to me before you were born, at the time it became solidly proven to me, I knew what it was and understood the proof. To go back and study every proven fact that I understood 50 or 60 or even 10 years ago, just so that I can satisfy someone elses wishes is not a good use of my time.
I just expect that you consider carefully claims that you make.
If you make a claim that chem trails are a fact, today, then you should be able to consider all the ramifications.
If I state that the reason that Mr Diesel was found floating face down in Paris is because his motor ran on peanut oil instead of petro diesel, you may draw your own conclusions, I think that the oil cartel(s) did him in, but you will have to find your own proof, since too many years have passed. I have much to do and limited time to do it, find your own proofs.
zzontar
Guru

Post by zzontar »

Ah, so you like to give ramifications for other's theories but don't want to get any for yours. Surprise, surprise.
zzontar
Guru

Post by zzontar »

Nibs wrote:Zzontar, something may have been proved to me before you were born, at the time it became solidly proven to me, I knew what it was and understood the proof. To go back and study every proven fact that I understood 50 or 60 or even 10 years ago, just so that I can satisfy someone elses wishes is not a good use of my time.
I just expect that you consider carefully claims that you make.
If you make a claim that chem trails are a fact, today, then you should be able to consider all the ramifications.
If I state that the reason that Mr Diesel was found floating face down in Paris is because his motor ran on peanut oil instead of petro diesel, you may draw your own conclusions, I think that the oil cartel(s) did him in, but you will have to find your own proof, since too many years have passed. I have much to do and limited time to do it, find your own proofs.

Wow, all the oil companies involved in this for the last 60 years... there'd be so many thousands of people that would be involved... do you think all of them are keeping a secret? For something so widespread don't you think proof would be easy to come up with? You always seem to find time to mock other theories... it shouldn't take long to find proof of your conspiracy.
masen
Fledgling

Post by masen »

There is surface water heating in all areas of the world except for areas south of Greenland, I believe by cold melting Glaciers from that area. The Great Barrier Reef is dying from warmer water as are the starfish on the Pacific Coast.
Glacier
The Pilgrim

Post by Glacier »

masen wrote:There is surface water heating in all areas of the world except for areas south of Greenland, I believe by cold melting Glaciers from that area. The Great Barrier Reef is dying from warmer water as are the starfish on the Pacific Coast.

Totally false. The Great Barrier Reef is actually on the cool side in the coral world. If it were true the warmer temperatures were having a negative effect, then the corals in Indonesia (where the Ocean is much warmer) would have died out a long time ago.
"No one has the right to apologize for something they did not do, and no one has the right to accept an apology if the wrong was not done to them."
- Douglas Murray
I Think
Walks on Forum Water

Post by I Think »

Glace, there are many varieties of coral, the coral in one part of the ocean will have been able to adapt to local conditions over the thousands of years it took to grow there, when the ocean temperatures go up rapidly as in the last 100 years, the coral is unable to adjust and has a massive die off.
This is exacerbated by the increased acidity as the warming ocean is able to take up more co2.
maryjane48
Buddha of the Board

Post by maryjane48 »

A deadly winter cold wave settled over Europe at the end of January 2012, blanketing much of the continent with snow and ultimately causing more than 800 deaths. Such severe winters are becoming more common across Eurasia—and some scientists contend that sea ice loss, by altering circulation patterns, is ultimately to blame for these frequent deep chills. But as climate simulations haven’t yet parsed out the atmospheric response to the loss of sea ice, its influence on Eurasian winters remains a question mark. Now, a new modeling study finds a link between these winters and the decline of sea ice in a part of the Arctic Ocean known as the Barents-Kara sea region, bordering Norway and Russia. The researchers identified several key circulation patterns that affected the winter temperatures from 1979 to 2013, particularly the Arctic Oscillation (a climate pattern that circulates around the Arctic Ocean and tends to confine colder air to the polar latitudes) and a second pattern they call Warm Arctic and Cold Eurasia (WACE), which they found correlates to sea ice loss as well as to particularly strong winters. WACE has been going strong since about 2004 or 2005—and as a result, the probability of severe winters has more than doubled in central Eurasia, they report online today in Nature Geoscience. But these severe winters may be a temporary phase within longer term warming: By the end of the century, the researchers report, the Arctic Oscillation could overpower the cooling effect from WACE—and winter temperatures over Eurasia will gradually increase.

http://news.sciencemag.org/asia/2014/10 ... deep-chill
Glacier
The Pilgrim

Post by Glacier »

lakevixen wrote:A deadly winter cold wave settled over Europe at the end of January 2012, blanketing much of the continent with snow and ultimately causing more than 800 deaths. Such severe winters are becoming more common across Eurasia—and some scientists contend that sea ice loss, by altering circulation patterns, is ultimately to blame for these frequent deep chills.

Arctic sea ice is at its highest point in 13 years, so there has to be another explaination for the severve cold.
"No one has the right to apologize for something they did not do, and no one has the right to accept an apology if the wrong was not done to them."
- Douglas Murray

Return to “Social Concerns”