America Complicit in the Murder of Religious Minorities?

Social, economic and environmental issues in our ever-changing world.
Glacier
The Pilgrim

America Complicit in the Murder of Religious Minorities?

Post by Glacier »

The government, the media, and the churches tend to back the wrong side in the middle east and other conflict zones around the world. Is it time to butt out of their affairs even when they are brutalizing each other?

"No one has the right to apologize for something they did not do, and no one has the right to accept an apology if the wrong was not done to them."
- Douglas Murray
I Think
Walks on Forum Water

Re: America Complicit in the Murder of Religious Minorities?

Post by I Think »

In the history of man, once religions were invented one religion always tries to obliterate the others.
Our European ancestors believed in woden who got squeezed out by the Christians, same for druids, aztecs and others.
Now it seems the battle of the gods is coming down to two religions who seem to claim the same god.
Historically it has usually been ok to dispose of any one who does not believe in the current god.
The US govt has many religious radicals who are quite prepared to extinguish any peoples who have been lured into belief of another sort.
It would seem that there are equally rabid muslims.
PS this thread belongs in the religion area where fantasies are up for discussion
We're lost but we're making good time.
Static
Guru

Post by Static »

The U.S., by all definitions, is the world's largest terrorist group. I would not be sad to see them fall.
masen
Fledgling

Post by masen »

I am not sure if it is the US or its citizens any more, There are supposed to be 200,000 mercenaries in Iraq and Afganistan at the present time. The privatization of the US Military is well along and is being directed by the large multinals protecting their interests in oil and other minerals.
wanderingman
Übergod

Post by wanderingman »

Static wrote:The U.S., by all definitions, is the world's largest terrorist group. I would not be sad to see them fall.

I take this as a off the cuff comment at an attempt at humor? If you personally really believe this your a sorry lot in my opinion
Static
Guru

Post by Static »

Not humour whatsoever. I would prefer to see Europe (sans Britain) be the world power over the U.S. anytime.

Terrorism: the use of violence and threats to intimidate or coerce, especially for political purposes.

Defines U.S. foreign policy perfectly.
JonyDarko
Generalissimo Postalot

Post by JonyDarko »

The irony of course, is that the EU is guilty of everything you just listed as well.
Daspoot
Übergod

Post by Daspoot »

And, of course, if the US goes down, Canada will get sucked down in the whirlpool, so it won't really matter who takes over. Static will be in the same soupline as all of us and we can discuss the folly of his wishes then.
On a different forum
Static
Guru

Post by Static »

Daspoot wrote:And, of course, if the US goes down, Canada will get sucked down in the whirlpool, so it won't really matter who takes over. Static will be in the same soupline as all of us and we can discuss the folly of his wishes then.

They will still need our resources. Did Canada fall with the U.S. During the great recession? No.

We have alps diversified by signing trade pacts with Asia. The world will be fine without the U.S. Being the super power.
Daspoot
Übergod

Post by Daspoot »

Yeah the effect of the US "mortgage as a commodity" collapse was completely localized within their boarders.

I'm no fan of their foreign power, but them falling as a world power would have massive economic effect on Canada.
On a different forum
GordonH
Сварливий старий мерзотник

Post by GordonH »

Static wrote:The U.S., by all definitions, is the world's largest terrorist group. I would not be sad to see them fall.

Militarily okay with them to fall, I see them being world's largest terrorist group. They like point themselves into everyone business even if it none of there business.

Economically not a good idea for US to fall, with there 17 trillion dollars of debt. That alone would drag every economy on this planet down with them.
I don't give a damn whether people/posters like me or dislike me, I'm not on earth to win any popularity contests.
Daspoot
Übergod

Post by Daspoot »

Just like their banks, they are too big to fail. Welcome to the new math.
On a different forum

Return to “Social Concerns”