Cheers OPEC Dudes

Social, economic and environmental issues in our ever-changing world.
WTTG

Cheers OPEC Dudes

Post by WTTG »

Thanks to OPEC, will you be putting your break on gas prices into pay-downs, purchases, savings, using it to subsidize your newly needed EI benefits and / or job search, or on something else entirely?

We’re thinking of spending ours on higher quality beer and, for now, putting the change into the Sally-Ann pot.
mexi cali
Guru

Re: Cheers OPEC Dudes

Post by mexi cali »

Mmmmmmmmmmm. Better beer.
Praise the lord and pass the ammunition
MAPearce
Buddha of the Board

Post by MAPearce »

I'd like to thank OPEC for the HIGH gas prices...

It helped me realize a significant savings by giving up on a car completely...

No more high gas cost , parking ,maintenance cost AND ,best of all , NO BS from the scum sucking ICBC.

So , yeah , Cheers OPEC !
Liberalism is a disease like cancer.. Once you get it , you can't get rid of it .
Bsuds
The Wagon Master

Post by Bsuds »

MAPearce wrote:I'd like to thank OPEC for the HIGH gas prices...

It helped me realize a significant savings by giving up on a car completely...

No more high gas cost , parking ,maintenance cost AND ,best of all , NO BS from the scum sucking ICBC.

So , yeah , Cheers OPEC !

Now you just have to deal with those wonderful Bus drivers and passengers eh!
I got Married because I was sick and tired of finishing my own sentences.
That's worked out great for me!
Atomoa
Guru

Post by Atomoa »

Since the CPC "banked" on Canada's future with the oil sands, the dollar is at a 5 year low and every investor is busy telling themselves that "everything is ok" while they silently poop their pants. .

You save 3 dollars at the pump, but because we slashed corporate taxes and sunk everything into oil, you'll pay higher taxes and more user fees once the budget comes up short thanks to a "unforeseen" shift in a market is based on nothing but human emotions.

No Dutch disease? The markets say otherwise.
The true business of people should be to go back to
school and think about whatever it was they were
thinking about before somebody came along and told
them they had to earn a living.

- Buckminster Fuller
LTD
Lord of the Board

Post by LTD »

the markets are saying were in for a pretty good slide in our economy not a good time to be makin big purchases
WTTG

Post by WTTG »

Atomoa wrote:Since the CPC "banked" on Canada's future with the oil sands, the dollar is at a 5 year low and every investor is busy telling themselves that "everything is ok" while they silently poop their pants. .

You save 3 dollars at the pump, but because we slashed corporate taxes and sunk everything into oil, you'll pay higher taxes and more user fees once the budget comes up short thanks to a "unforeseen" shift in a market is based on nothing but human emotions.

No Dutch disease? The markets say otherwise.

LTD wrote:the markets are saying were in for a pretty good slide in our economy not a good time to be makin big purchases

Sure, we figure we’ll pay about 25.00 less this month on gas which means we can upgrade our usual 24 beer and still put a few bucks into the Sally-Ann pot. But then we can always fall back to normal if anything else goes the other way.

So are you saying our governments and the markets don’t handle their budgets like that?

Golly, we’re barely getting by on a fixed income that depends on our pension and investments. And we can’t live without our beer!

You mean OPEC could actually be a threat to our general and personal economy?

Not going to be drinking to those dudes, then.

So how the hey did we let them get in control?
I Think
Walks on Forum Water

Post by I Think »

So how the hey did we let them get in control?

Its their oil!

IMHO they lowered the price of oil to shut out the Oil sands, to cut the attraction to bio fuels and to damage the electric car development.

But you cannot be an advocate for free markets and then complain about the effects of free marketeering on your stocks and dollars.
We're lost but we're making good time.
WTTG

Post by WTTG »

Well yeah, we're not sure many of these oilsands investment companies are saying, 'Cheers' these days.

http://oilsands.infomine.com/companiesproperties/

LOL looks like OPEC vs. the rest of the world over there in Alberta.
Daspoot
Übergod

Post by Daspoot »

Fear-not, Any saving at the pumps are just a short term side-effect of Opec's long term goal, which likely won't be pocket friendly and will more than make-up any money saved by consumers now.
On a different forum
MAPearce
Buddha of the Board

Post by MAPearce »

Now you just have to deal with those wonderful Bus drivers and passengers eh!

For only two and a quarter , I can put up with a LOT !

And car pooling with a buddy saves us both thick money....
Liberalism is a disease like cancer.. Once you get it , you can't get rid of it .
hobbyguy
Buddha of the Board

Post by hobbyguy »

Lots going on with what OPEC is up to. Here is an interesting perspective: http://www.themoscowtimes.com/opinion/article/russia-s-future-jeopardized-by-opec-s-decline/511716.html
The middle path - everything in moderation, and everything in its time and order.
WTTG

Post by WTTG »

From the article it looks like we may not be the only ones with an internationally amalgamated interest who could come apart at the seams during this showdown. Looks like there's a potential for it to get out of control all on its own. Cheers Saudis.
Gixxer
Lord of the Board

Post by Gixxer »

Yup thanks OPEC. Watch as the Canadian oil and gas industry and the economy crashes. Yaaa we save $20 at the pump each month.
WTTG

Post by WTTG »

What else can you do but use it to upgrade your beer, throw the change in the Sally Ann pot, and say, 'Cheers?'

Next month you may be searching for empties to return for refund.

Return to “Social Concerns”