Four bad things about America's homeless people

Social, economic and environmental issues in our ever-changing world.
oneh2obabe
feistres Goruchaf y Bwrdd

Re: Four bad things about America's homeless people

Post by oneh2obabe »

Thinktank wrote:The Lakers are worth $4 billion -richest sports franchise on earth.

Forbes: Jul 24, 2014 - The New York Knicks have overtaken the Los Angeles Lakers as the NBA's most valuable franchise.
The Knicks' value rose 12% from $586 million to $655 million, the magazine said Wednesday in its annual evaluation. The rise was attributed to increased ticket sales and sponsorships at Madison Square Garden.

The Lakers went up 6% from $607 million to $643 million.

Richest sports franchises are:
Real Madrid - Current Value ($Bil) - 3.3
Manchester United - Current Value ($Bil) - 3.17
Barcelona - Current Value ($Bil) - 2.6
New York Yankees - Current Value ($Bil) - 2.3
Dallas Cowboys - Current Value ($Bil) - 2.1
New England Patriots - Current Value ($Bil) - 1.64
LA Dodgers - Current Value ($Bil) - 1.62
Washington Redskins - Current Value ($Bil) - 1.6
New York Giants - Current Value ($Bil) - 1.47
Dance as if no one's watching, sing as if no one's listening, and live everyday as if it were your last.

Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass. It's about learning to dance in the rain.
mysideofthings
Board Meister

Post by mysideofthings »

Thinktank wrote:
So where did I make fun of them?

It's a weirder situation than people think, and I think the article on the Vice webpage
explained it the best. I'm glad I started this thread - now I have a better idea what's really going on.

But the only one on this forum who contributed anything of value to this thread was WeatherWoman when she said
a lot of the homeless have a mental condition. I never knew that before.

The way you posted this to begin with to me was making fun of homeless people by saying how they ruin views and all the other ridiculous things you said.

I would suggest also educating yourself on the mental health system (in the US and Canada) so you also would better understand that side of it and how the lack of help available for mental health issues as well as lack of affordable housing for people on disability and/or low income who have (or even do not) have a mental health issue can lead a person to become homeless to begin with.

Also, a lot of homeless people don't have friends or family nearby who are able to help, relying on a system that easily can just throw them into the gutter or they slip through the cracks. There are not many resources to help a person get their lives back together. And don't forget in the US several years ago how so many people lost their homes to foreclosure and lost their jobs because everything crashed. And in the US, there also are not a lot of options to help a person get back on their feet, so they are forced to live in homeless shelters and/or the streets until/if they become lucky and are able to get help.

I don't imagine it's 'fun' or easy to be homeless, especially for those who try so hard to actually better their lives and run out of places to turn to.
Fancy
Insanely Prolific

Post by Fancy »

Thinktank wrote:But the only one on this forum who contributed anything of value to this thread was WeatherWoman when she said a lot of the homeless have a mental condition. I never knew that before.

You've talked about the homeless before and certainly they've been in the news periodically. It's no secret some homeless have issues that have led them to where they are now.
Truths can be backed up by facts - do you have any?
Fancy this, Fancy that and by the way, T*t for Tat
Thinktank
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Thinktank »

WHEN WILL WESTERN WAR PIGS WIND THIS UKRAINIAN GENOCIDE DOWN?????????????

"Fisman's Fraud" - most important Canadian book of 2024. covid fear tactics of fraudulent scientist David Fisman - misinformation distributed by U of Toronto researchers.
Bsuds
The Wagon Master

Post by Bsuds »

Fancy wrote:You've talked about the homeless before and certainly they've been in the news periodically. It's no secret some homeless have issues that have led them to where they are now.

How can he recognize the issues of others when he can't even recognize his own.
I got Married because I was sick and tired of finishing my own sentences.
That's worked out great for me!

Return to “Social Concerns”