Health care and foreign aid.

Social, economic and environmental issues in our ever-changing world.
buteman
Fledgling

Health care and foreign aid.

Post by buteman »

First of all I'm all in favour of a rich country such as ours helping those in need and providing for basic needs for those less fortunate as ourselves.
My wife and I ceased to donate to agencies that help others overseas due to the amount of funds that did not reach those in need because of what we felt was excessive " administration fees ".
Providing quality heath care is essential but I'm not talking about Mali or Haiti I'm talking about KELOWNA ,,, I had a bit of an accident last week.
The result was transportation to KGH via ambulance, I was fitted with a neck brace and placed on a board on the gurney. In the five hours I was there I was shuttled from triage to the hallway as were numerous other patients.
I waited patiently in a most uncomfortable position until such times as I finally saw a doctor ,, the only doctor ,, I had x-rays taken after an hour and a half.
I heard the doctor say " damn it, this is not what I ordered " ( referring to the x-rays ) I waited another hour to have another two x-rays taken.
This was my first visit to the new KGH and God willing it will be my last. I did manage to have a little bit of a heart to heart with one of the nurses who agreed with me that the situation in that emergency department left a great deal ( and I do mean great ) to be desired.
She ( the nurse ) did mention the dreaded word " funding " of course, that is perfectly understandable ,, we really must be careful with the funds ,, we need billions for foreign aid !!
GordonH
Сварливий старий мерзотник

Re: Health care and foreign aid.

Post by GordonH »

^^^ Health care is a Provincial matter & foreign aid is Federal matter.
I don't give a damn whether people/posters like me or dislike me, I'm not on earth to win any popularity contests.

Return to “Social Concerns”