Crime on the Westside

Social, economic and environmental issues in our ever-changing world.
debrock

Crime on the Westside

Post by debrock »

I have been living in the Okanagan since 1973, and it saddens me to see my home town become so crime riddled. My daughter was born and raised here, she is a single mother with a nine year old son, she works hard to try and support them both, with very little help.. Last night for the umteenth time the liquor depot where she works got robbed while she was on duty. When she tried to stop the thief he beat the crap out of her, she suffered a head concussion, and needed stitches above her eye. It angers me that someone would resort to such violence all for a bottle of booze.. How can we as a civilized society, deal with the low-lifes that have now infected our city with such outrageous crime.. I seen this coming and it scares me , for my daughters sakes, this liquor depot has been broken into , so many times, and I feel that law enforcement, just doesnt care.
I am so worried that the violence will esculate , till someone gets killed.. I have many sleepless nights over this issue.
mexi cali
Guru

Re: Crime on the Westside

Post by mexi cali »

debrock wrote:I have been living in the Okanagan since 1973, and it saddens me to see my home town become so crime riddled. Crime is everywhere my friend. West K has no special claim to it more than anywhere else My daughter was born and raised here, she is a single mother Please, visit that forum with a nine year old son, she works hard to try and support them both, with very little help.. Last night for the umteenth time the liquor depot where she works got robbed while she was on duty. When she tried to stop the thief I don't think I should need to tell you that was not very smart on her part. It is just booze and it is not hers so let it go. I am sure that she felt like she was doing the right thing but at the end of the day, the brass at the HO are not overly concerned with her safety unless they find themselves in a lawsuit. he beat the crap out of her, she suffered a head concussion, and needed stitches above her eye. It angers me that someone would resort to such violence all for a bottle of booze.. How can we as a civilized society, Who said that we live in a civilized society? Have you read the news lately? deal with the low-lifes that have now infected our city with such outrageous crime.. I seen (saw) this coming and it scares me , Scares me too for my daughters sakes, this liquor depot has been broken into , so many times, and I feel that law enforcement, just doesnt care. Believe me, there isn't a cop out there who doesn't wish that just once he could be walking into that store just as the robbery was taking place.
I am so worried that the violence will escalate , till someone gets killed.. I have many sleepless nights over this issue.
I bet you do. So why don't you look at doing what you can to help her find employment that doesn't involve convenience stores? Education furtherance is a great place to start.

And for the record, I too dream about walking in just as the deed was being done. A big ol bottle of my friend jack is a small price to pay for a concussed scumbag.

ETA I am not in any way attempting to minimize the ordeal she went through. It pisses me off that this kind of shiit happens on such a regular basis. The good news is, he will be caught.
Praise the lord and pass the ammunition
oneh2obabe
feistres Goruchaf y Bwrdd

Post by oneh2obabe »

West Kelowna RCMP are searching for a suspect in a liquor store robbery Monday night.

About 9:45 p.m., West Kelowna RCMP responded to a robbery in progress at the Liquor Depot on Gosset Road.

Three men had entered the store in an attempt to steal alcohol.

Aided by an unknown patron, a staff member apprehended two of the men, while the third was able to flee with two bottles of liquor.

During the altercation with the suspects, a 19-year-old man punched the store employee several times in an attempt to get away. The employee was treated by first aid attendants on scene.

A 19-year-old man is being held in custody on several charges. The second male was released without charge, and police are still attempting to identify the third.

Anyone with information is asked to contact West Kelowna RCMP Const. Hall at 250-768-2880.

Remain anonymous by calling CrimeStoppers at 1-800-222-8477, leaving a tip online at www.crimestoppers.net or by texting your tip to CRIMES (274637) ktown.

http://www.castanet.net/edition/news-st ... htm#136058
Dance as if no one's watching, sing as if no one's listening, and live everyday as if it were your last.

Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass. It's about learning to dance in the rain.
mexi cali
Guru

Post by mexi cali »

That is great but seriously, involved and not charged? Did I miss something?
Praise the lord and pass the ammunition

Return to “Social Concerns”