Employee Raises Taken Out of Owner Profit and Pay

Social, economic and environmental issues in our ever-changing world.
Bpeep
Mindquad

Re: Employee Raises Taken Out of Owner Profit and Pay

Post by Bpeep »

40 k. Ouch.
Seeking the apartment that is creating leasing interest concerns knowledgeable seclusive morons excessively.
Captain Awesome
Buddha of the Board

Post by Captain Awesome »

Pretty good for somebody in their 20's who hasn't even finished their school.
Sarcasm is like a good game of chess. Most people don't know how to play chess.
JLives
Buddha of the Board

Post by JLives »

Captain Awesome wrote:Pretty good for somebody in their 20's who hasn't even finished their school.

Where are they advertising? I don't recall seeing an ad for that during my recent job search.
"Every dollar you spend is a vote for what you believe in."
"My country is the world, and my religion is to do good."
fluffy
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by fluffy »

Ford4x4Truck wrote:Things have changed.......drastically. But some people (actually a lot of people) are stuck in the past and think all it takes is gumption and hard work.

What do you want then, somebody to cut you a cheque ? That's what this is all about isn't it ? Anyone who expends his/her energy listing "a hundred reasons why it's not possible" before considering what is possible has pretty much made their position clear. There are victims and there are survivors, it's a personal choice for everyone what group they want to live in.
“We’ll go down in history as the first society that wouldn't save itself because it wasn't cost effective.” – Kurt Vonnegut
Ford4x4Truck
Generalissimo Postalot

Post by Ford4x4Truck »

fluffy wrote:
What do you want then, somebody to cut you a cheque ? That's what this is all about isn't it ? Anyone who expends his/her energy listing "a hundred reasons why it's not possible" before considering what is possible has pretty much made their position clear. There are victims and there are survivors, it's a personal choice for everyone what group they want to live in.

This made me laugh pretty hard. I was wondering when someone was going to start dropping the word 'choice' in here. Obviously everyone who isn't in some high paying profession somehow consciously CHOSE to be poor. It's just that simple. So ridiculous....

No, I don't want a cheque. I just get tired of seeing the same arguments on here over and over. You guys could at least come up with an original way of trashing people who you deem to be beneath you.

There are victims and survivors. There are also people who use critical thinking skills and can see that gainful employment is about far more than pulling up one's socks and working hard. That's only a small piece of the picture.
Ford4x4Truck
Generalissimo Postalot

Post by Ford4x4Truck »

Donald G wrote:To flaming ...
Why would a person have a mortgage that they could not pay and a family to raise THAT THEY EVIDENTLY COULD NOT AFFORD if they were not earning the money to support the lifestyle before making such choices ??

Living in a house and having a kid is a lifestyle?

Ever think that maybe some of these people could afford the house and kid and then were laid off, injured, or ran into other issues?

Life happens. People in dire straits aren't all people who have made bad choices. Saying so is not only incredibly insulting but also naive.
Captain Awesome
Buddha of the Board

Post by Captain Awesome »

Ford4x4Truck wrote:People in dire straits aren't all people who have made bad choices. Saying so is not only incredibly insulting but also naive.

I think you just like feeling offended and making a hobby out of it. Nobody even suggested that people in dire straits all made bad choice. Life happens to everybody, not just you - imagine that!
Sarcasm is like a good game of chess. Most people don't know how to play chess.
fluffy
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by fluffy »

Ford4x4Truck, I'm interested in hearing what your ideas are to change the situation in the Okanagan.
“We’ll go down in history as the first society that wouldn't save itself because it wasn't cost effective.” – Kurt Vonnegut

Return to “Social Concerns”