Former judge assaults child with Autism

Social, economic and environmental issues in our ever-changing world.
Puddlejumper40
Board Meister

Former judge assaults child with Autism

Post by Puddlejumper40 »

http://www.king5.com/story/news/2015/04 ... /25922401/

From the story:

"A former King County superior court judge who is now a school bus driver for the Highline School District is accused of assaulting a six-year-old student on her bus. Jeanette Burrage is now charged with fourth degree assault."

This person also serves as a city council member at this time. Time to step down I would say...

A couple of thoughts come to mind while reading the story. Why would anyone at the school decide to put that child on the "regular" bus in the first place? Even if that is your last choice, the parents should have been called and asked if that was okay. If the parent was called first, I highly doubt they would have agreed to it.

After the school decided to make this brilliant decision, at the very least, they should have told everyone working on the bus that a child with special needs will be with them today. They should have been given background information about the young child and told of any potential problems that could arise.

This person should lose her job, council seat and spend time in jail. As a former judge, I would expect you to have a thorough understanding of assault and if anyone should be able to restrain themselves from hitting a six year old child, it should be a judge(former).
Yours truly,

JollyJumper40 :)
I Think
Walks on Forum Water

Re: Former judge assaults child with Autism

Post by I Think »

Judges in that part of the world are elected, and do not need to know the law. Ask yourself why a former superior court judge is now driving school bus.
We're lost but we're making good time.
Puddlejumper40
Board Meister

Post by Puddlejumper40 »

Nibs wrote:Judges in that part of the world are elected, and do not need to know the law. Ask yourself why a former superior court judge is now driving school bus.

Not needing to know the law is a bit of a stretch. She's not a judge now because of the point you brought up, they are elected.
Yours truly,

JollyJumper40 :)
I Think
Walks on Forum Water

Post by I Think »

If you had ever lived in the US, you would know how many judges know next to nothing about law.
Elected judges are definitely part of the reason for the decline and fall of the American Empire.
We're lost but we're making good time.

Return to “Social Concerns”