March against Monsanto May 23 - ALL GMO TALK

Social, economic and environmental issues in our ever-changing world.
maryjane48
Buddha of the Board

Re: March against Monsanto May 23 - ALL GMO TALK

Post by maryjane48 »

removed.
Last edited by Triple 6 on May 24th, 2015, 3:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: personal attack removed.
Mr Danksworth
Lord of the Board

Post by Mr Danksworth »

There's some of that stunning and witty repartee that MAMers are known for. No wonder attendance was down by about half across the board for this years MAM events. Seem like they are starting to reap what they have sown.
Nothing on the Internet is so serious it can't be laughed at, and nothing is as laughable as people who think otherwise.
Mr Danksworth
Lord of the Board

Post by Mr Danksworth »

removed quote.
Last edited by Triple 6 on May 24th, 2015, 3:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: removed anothers quote.
Nothing on the Internet is so serious it can't be laughed at, and nothing is as laughable as people who think otherwise.
Glacier
The Pilgrim

Post by Glacier »

fluffy wrote:I have to admit I'm way towards the uninformed end of the scale when it comes to GMO foods. Like the Arctic Apple that featured so prominently in their promotional material. What is the health risk were I to eat one of those ?

Mostly it's choking. You take a big bite, and your friends confront you head on over your choice of apple. As you suck back in surprise, you choke to death.
"No one has the right to apologize for something they did not do, and no one has the right to accept an apology if the wrong was not done to them."
- Douglas Murray
goalie
Übergod

Post by goalie »

It's funny when people demonstrate against pesticides and GMOs at the same time. I drove by that crowd. One of the reasons companies develop GMOs is to reduce the amount of pesticides needed. I wouldn't be surprised if some of the demonstrators think that GMOs ARE pesticides.
Keith Duhaime
Fledgling

Post by Keith Duhaime »

goalie wrote:It's funny when people demonstrate against pesticides and GMOs at the same time. I drove by that crowd. One of the reasons companies develop GMOs is to reduce the amount of pesticides needed. I wouldn't be surprised if some of the demonstrators think that GMOs ARE pesticides.

Would not surprise me one bit for some of them to confuse the two. One thing we do know for sure, is that at least in this instance, the demonstrators ARE pests.

Return to “Social Concerns”