March against Monsanto May 23 - ALL GMO TALK

Social, economic and environmental issues in our ever-changing world.
Keith Duhaime
Fledgling

Re: March against Monsanto May 23

Post by Keith Duhaime »

Thinktank wrote:
We're all eating more glyphosate. That's bad. If it does it to cows, it does it to us too.

http://www.greenmedinfo.com/blog/dramat ... glyphosate

*removed* Did you not think to follow the links back and check the actually journal article on which this nonsense is based and think through the contextual relevance? The abstract is here for starters: http://www.mdpi.com/1660-4601/11/2/2125. And yes, it is legitimate *removed*, you can find also listed here on PubMed: http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3945589/.
Last edited by oneh2obabe on Apr 24th, 2015, 8:44 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Personal attack.
Mr Danksworth
Lord of the Board

Re: March against Monsanto May 23 - ALL GMO TALK

Post by Mr Danksworth »

Thinktank wrote:Another thing people should think about - pesticides.
We've been told pesticides are good for us and safe for us.
But we've been lied to.

Whenever GMO results in more pesticides in our stomachs - that's bad.

Organic farming uses pesticides. So by your logic, they are bad too.
Nothing on the Internet is so serious it can't be laughed at, and nothing is as laughable as people who think otherwise.
averagejoe
Buddha of the Board

Post by averagejoe »

GMO teen activist Rachel Parent to speak at the IOOF Hall Monday April 27th at 7 PM.

All you Big Corporate supporters should be able to prove your points in debate at the end of the meeting!
Ecclesiastes 10:2 A wise man's heart is at his right hand; but a fool's heart at his left.

Thor Heyerdahl Says: “Our lack of knowledge about our own past is appalling.
Mr Danksworth
Lord of the Board

Post by Mr Danksworth »

Do you have a link to an event page for that? I'd love to organize some like minds to attend. It'll be like shooting fish in a barrel, metaphorically, of course.
http://debunkingdenialism.com/2014/12/2 ... ied-foods/
Nothing on the Internet is so serious it can't be laughed at, and nothing is as laughable as people who think otherwise.
WhenWhatWho
Banned

Post by WhenWhatWho »

Mr Danksworth wrote:Do you have a link to an event page for that? I'd love to organize some like minds to attend. It'll be like shooting fish in a barrel, metaphorically, of course.

I'm in.
AwakeFromDreamland
Fledgling

Post by AwakeFromDreamland »

"I'd be happy to actually, but not really..."

Too funny.Some folks on here need to do the drinking glyphosate (round up) challenge as well.
Endocannabinoid system "We are all born with a form of marijuana already in our bodies." "Cannabis kills cancer cells,people are not aware of that,they think cancer/cannabis - anti nausea.It's waay beyond that." Dr.Robert Melamede phD
Mr Danksworth
Lord of the Board

Post by Mr Danksworth »

AwakeFromDreamland wrote:[youtube]yetanotheryoutubevideo[/youtube]

Too funny.Some folks on here need to do the drinking glyphosate (round up) challenge as well.

What a juvenile and obfuscating way of going about things. Would you drink a glass of manure? How about some nice organic copper sulphate?
averagejoe
Buddha of the Board

Post by averagejoe »

Mr Danksworth wrote:Do you have a link to an event page for that? I'd love to organize some like minds to attend. It'll be like shooting fish in a barrel, metaphorically, of course.
\

I gave the place and time? *removed*
Last edited by oneh2obabe on Apr 24th, 2015, 5:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Try posting without the personal attack.
Ecclesiastes 10:2 A wise man's heart is at his right hand; but a fool's heart at his left.

Mr Danksworth
Lord of the Board

Post by Mr Danksworth »

averagejoe wrote:I gave the place and time? *removed*

I asked for a link to the event. It's all good though. I found it. http://heyevent.com/event/1392240921099 ... affect-you
I Think
Walks on Forum Water

Post by I Think »

How about some nice organic copper sulphate?

How in heck does a mineral get to be organic, you know better than that!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
We're lost but we're making good time.
Keith Duhaime
Fledgling

Post by Keith Duhaime »

AwakeFromDreamland wrote:

Yup, expect the simpletons of the anti-GMO movement to forget 1. that Moore was being prudent. After all,glyphosate is basically a salt. The consumer squirt bottle at RONA is a 1% solution and the agricultural version we use on the farm is about 40% before we mix it. Would you trust an anti-GMO fanatic to serve you one over the other? Remember these people are seriously challenged upstairs. Despite all the tax dollars we put into to providing them with the opportunity to learn some basic chemistry they refuse. Ask yourself this, would you drink Gatorade in the concentration that organizations putting on marathons, et. receive it before it is diluted as instructed? Of course not, it's basically a salt solution too.
Keith Duhaime
Fledgling

Post by Keith Duhaime »

I wouldn't bother attending this event. Events like this and the MAM events are really irrelevant. Where things really count are in places like courts of law. An anti-vaxxer mom recently found that out in Ontario; http://www.ctvnews.ca/health/judge-orde ... -1.2322181

There is absolutely no evidence of food safety or health issues with GMOs, and hence if cases reach court on this allegation, they are going to be thrown out. To the contrary, there is a lot of evidence in the literature as to the benefits of GMO technologies, both in agriculture and human health (which is where the lion's share (about 85%) of the VC $ go on biotech).

As a closing note, I am so looking forward to the 20 year old Rachel Parent who will hopefully have taken a few courses our tax dollars have paid for in chemistry, physics, biology, and mathematics. I'm betting she'll be feeling pretty sheepish then about how she has played into the hands of parasites like Mike Adams, Joseph Mercola, Food Babe, as well as Big O (eg. Whole Foods).
AwakeFromDreamland
Fledgling

Post by AwakeFromDreamland »

http://www.theverge.com/2015/4/27/8502593/chipotle-removes-gmo-ingredients-genetically-modified-organisms
Chipotle has removed all genetically modified ingredients from its restaurants, according to a report from The New York Times. Chipotle began labeling dishes that contained GMOs in 2013 and had planned to cut the ingredients out of the company supply chain by the end of 2014, but ultimately needed a few extra months to make the switch. The company is the first major fast food chain to entirely remove GMOs from its menus, spanning 1,831 different locations worldwide.
Endocannabinoid system "We are all born with a form of marijuana already in our bodies." "Cannabis kills cancer cells,people are not aware of that,they think cancer/cannabis - anti nausea.It's waay beyond that." Dr.Robert Melamede phD
Omnitheo
Guru

Post by Omnitheo »

yeah, it's a shortsighted PR stunt. Especially since all their chicken and beef is still GMO fed.

That said, I wouldn't read too much into it. It's not exactly like Fast Food franchises are pinnacles of healthy eating.
"Dishwashers, the dishwasher, right? You press it. Remember the dishwasher, you press it, there'd be like an explosion. Five minutes later you open it up the steam pours out, the dishes -- now you press it 12 times, women tell me again." - Trump
averagejoe
Buddha of the Board

Post by averagejoe »

Castanet has an article on the March against Monsanto .....

Kelowna and Penticton residents will join forces this Saturday in the March Against Monsanto, at Parkinson Rec Centre.

Kevin Proteau of Locals Supporting Locals has chosen to cancel the Penticton march and join up with Kelowna's, in order to have larger numbers.

The goal, he said in a statement, is to get the message out that citizens of the Okanagan do not support a GMO non-browning apple or GMOs in general.

It is estimated that 428 cities in 38 countries spanning six continents will participate in the peaceful informational demonstration.

Locally, other marches will be held in Vernon, Lumby and Enderby, according to Proteau.

While the demonstrations are aimed at GMO labelling, bee colony collapse, seed sovereignty, food security and environmental health, agricultural chemical giant Monsanto is the movement's target, according to a statement by Lori Timbol, the Kelowna march organizer.

Protesters will be specifically demonstrating against the newly approved GMO Arctic apple, developed in Summerland by Okanagan Specialty Tree Fruits and recently purchased by Intrexon Corp. It's the first genetically modified fruit approved in Canada.

Guest speakers in Kelowna will be Ron Pinkney, a local apple farmer from Green Acres Organics since 1977, and Allan Patton, a former Okanagan Similkameen regional director, past director and vice-president of the B.C. Fruit Growers Association and past director of the B.C. Agriculture Council.

The Kelowna March Against Mosanto event is scheduled for 11 a.m. This Saturday May 23rd.

Return to “Social Concerns”