The BEST organic thread on the Internet

Social, economic and environmental issues in our ever-changing world.
Thinktank
Walks on Forum Water

Re: The BEST organic thread on the Internet

Post by Thinktank »

I was walking through the orchard in high school days and stepped on something
that made a loud squashing sound - like a tomato. It was a robin that got blasted by some spray.

If someone sprays near a bee hive - the bees all kick the bucket. It's gross.

Guess what happens to a cow who drinks the water from some dumb orchardist who empties his sprayer
on the ground back in the old days when no one knew how bad pesticides are - the cow starts white
crap out it's mouth and within fifteen minutes you have a huge dead cow to dispose of.

That's why wherever you go, farmers usually try to minimize the amount of sprays they use.
They still use about ten times too much. Some day they'll grow a brain. Until then - I buy mostly organic.

WHEN WILL WESTERN WAR PIGS WIND THIS UKRAINIAN GENOCIDE DOWN?????????????

"Fisman's Fraud" - most important Canadian book of 2024. covid fear tactics of fraudulent scientist David Fisman - misinformation distributed by U of Toronto researchers.
LordEd
Guru

Post by LordEd »

The organic farmers have to use even more of the less effective organic certified sprays.

Good old rotenone. Yum, yum. Massive fish killer and linked to Parkinson's disease too.

But it's natural. Must be good for you. Here. Let me pour you a glass.
Health forum: Health, well-being, medicine, aging, digital currency enslavement, depopulation conspiracy.

If you want to discuss anything real, you're in the wrong place.
whatwhat
Lord of the Board

Post by whatwhat »

If you want to eat organic, great, if you don't want to eat organic also great. Obviously there is a demand for both, that is why there is production in both areas. Both sides seem to have its positives and negatives. I personally try to eat local and organic as much as I can, and that's just because I want to support local businesses (obviously) and I prefer to eat food how it was intended to be grown, not full of chemicals and covered in wax. But with saying that, I also eat none organic food all the time. Depending on cost and quality.

Just eat whatever you want. Someone elses eating habits shouldn't have such an impact on your life.
hail Satan y'all
Omnitheo
Guru

Post by Omnitheo »

whatwhat wrote: I prefer to eat food how it was intended to be grown

"Dishwashers, the dishwasher, right? You press it. Remember the dishwasher, you press it, there'd be like an explosion. Five minutes later you open it up the steam pours out, the dishes -- now you press it 12 times, women tell me again." - Trump
LANDM
Walks on Forum Water

Post by LANDM »

Thinktank wrote:I was walking through the orchard in high school days and stepped on something
that made a loud squashing sound - like a tomato. It was a robin that got blasted by some spray.

If someone sprays near a bee hive - the bees all kick the bucket. It's gross.

Guess what happens to a cow who drinks the water from some dumb orchardist who empties his sprayer
on the ground back in the old days when no one knew how bad pesticides are - the cow starts white
crap out it's mouth and within fifteen minutes you have a huge dead cow to dispose of.

That's why wherever you go, farmers usually try to minimize the amount of sprays they use.
They still use about ten times too much. ]

Yes, an insecticide in a beehive is bad.
The Robin would had died from something else.
The thing that will do that to a cow was when strychnine was used. That would not have been from emptying a sprayer on her ground.
Really try to be less sensational.
You and 71 others Like this post
whatwhat
Lord of the Board

Post by whatwhat »

Omnitheo wrote:Image

please continue to read the rest of my sentence. you will read "not covered in chemicals, and covered in wax".
hail Satan y'all
Omnitheo
Guru

Post by Omnitheo »

whatwhat wrote:
please continue to read the rest of my sentence. you will read "not covered in chemicals, and covered in wax".

Please don't use the word chemical without understanding what a chemical is
"Dishwashers, the dishwasher, right? You press it. Remember the dishwasher, you press it, there'd be like an explosion. Five minutes later you open it up the steam pours out, the dishes -- now you press it 12 times, women tell me again." - Trump
Thinktank
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Thinktank »

everyone knows what a chemical is. we know how to test for chemical pesticide
residues. and although no organic produce is perfect, it's a hell of a lot better
than the other stuff.

everyone knows that

"Fisman's Fraud" - most important Canadian book of 2024. covid fear tactics of fraudulent scientist David Fisman - misinformation distributed by U of Toronto researchers.
whatwhat
Lord of the Board

Post by whatwhat »

Omnitheo wrote:Please don't use the word chemical without understanding what a chemical is

Thank-you soooo much for assuming that I don't know what a chemical is. You must know me so well to just know everything that I know. You should really try and do something with this amazing skill you have.

You may find asking questions, and not assuming a helpful skill.
hail Satan y'all
Omnitheo
Guru

Post by Omnitheo »

I've seen grocery stores spraying organic foods with the deadly chemical dihydrogen monoxide.
Thinktank
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Thinktank »

I've seen orchardists spraying pesticides.

Let's say you can spray 20 acres in a day. And some orchard in Washington state is 1,000 acres.
they hire five Mexicans to do the spraying. It would take them ten days to spray the whole orchard.
and then they might have to spray it again, and again and again.

How do you think those Mexicans will feel after a few years?

Anyone know?

Omnitheo
Guru

Post by Omnitheo »

pest free?
flamingfingers
Buddha of the Board

Post by flamingfingers »

Chill
whatwhat
Lord of the Board

Post by whatwhat »

Omnitheo wrote:I've seen grocery stores spraying organic foods with the deadly chemical dihydrogen monoxide.

I worked in a local grocery store for over 8 years and the only thing they ever sprayed on any of the veggies/fruits was water...
hail Satan y'all
Thinktank
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Thinktank »

Looks like Ominitheo is making things up. Again.

Return to “Social Concerns”