Fear Grows Over Facebook Cull

Social, economic and environmental issues in our ever-changing world.
Glacier
The Pilgrim

Fear Grows Over Facebook Cull

Post by Glacier »

"No one has the right to apologize for something they did not do, and no one has the right to accept an apology if the wrong was not done to them."
- Douglas Murray
Jo
Slot 16

Re: Fear Grows Over Facebook Cull

Post by Jo »

LOL - hahahahahaha.

I get such a kick out of those messages. I make a point of taunting any friend who posts them. They never drop me, unfortunately, but dammit, I try.
LordEd
Guru

Post by LordEd »

Health forum: Health, well-being, medicine, aging, digital currency enslavement, depopulation conspiracy.

If you want to discuss anything real, you're in the wrong place.
JayByrd
Lord of the Board

Post by JayByrd »

In the past I've made the announcement after the fact..."I just deleted X friends...did you make the cut?"

While it's always been well-received, things like this have shamed me into stopping it. So no more :)

The worst part is when you unfriend someone, and they try to refriend you three days later...
When someone says they pay taxes, you know they're about to be an ******e.
Glacier
The Pilgrim

Post by Glacier »

6 Facebook Statuses That Need To Stop Right Now

We’ve all read statuses we don’t particularly enjoy, but there are a few status-trends on Facebook that are universally awful. I’d like to shed some light on the statuses that should cease to exist. Immediately.

1. The Cliff Hanger
“Ugh”, “FML”, “Days like these make me so depressed”

You obviously want people to ask what’s going on. About 5% of your Facebook friends will die from curiosity and cave in to ask what’s up, but the other 95% of us know you’re being intentionally vague for attention. It’s annoying. Stop.

2. The Shocker
“Going to the ER”, “Totaled my car”

If you’re going to the hospital or you have just been in an accident of some sort, you probably shouldn’t be making a status about it. This is not an appropriate way to tell your friends and family about something bad. If you’re well enough to post on fb, you can make a phone call.

3. The Private Message
“Omg I know you have your phone on you, *bleep* need to text back damn”, “Smh why do people have to talk about me behind my back SAY IT TO MY FACE.”

Why do you need to post it all over Facebook? These statuses are clearly directed at someone in particular. Talk to them. This is a waste of my news feed.

4. The Friend Dump
“Just cleaned out my friends list, if you’re reading this, congrats!”

Wow thanks, I’m so glad you kept me on your friends list so I can continue to read your pointless statuses. *Deletes*.

5. The Minute-to-Minute Update
“Going to bed”, “Time for a shower”, “Laundry is so boring”

No YOU are boring. What is the actual point of this? Who are you talking to? There is a reason you have zero likes on this status.

6. The Overly Hashtagged
“Going to the gym! #gym #lift #girlsthatlift #cardio #healthylife #getfit #getripped #strong #thebestihaveeverfeltinmylife”

Hashtags can be fun when used appropriately. This, on the other hand, is abuse. No one likes to try and pick out the words in a hashtag to figure out what it says. WhatifIwroteallmysentenceslikethisnowyouknowhowifeel.

If you’re guilty of posting any of these kinds of statuses, it’s okay. We all make mistakes. But now you know better.
"No one has the right to apologize for something they did not do, and no one has the right to accept an apology if the wrong was not done to them."
- Douglas Murray
Star Light
Guru

Post by Star Light »

Got a real good Laugh over what You've posted re: 6 Facebook Statuses That Need To Stop Right Now Glacier.

Had one Lad who I unfriended, sent me a pm saying how he thought we were the Best of Friends....ummm.....nope, not in this life time.

Recently added another Lad who I discovered was my cousin. Lovely how he *liked* & commented on everything I would post, please 10 to 15 pm's per day!!! You'd think after a while of not responding he'd get the message......can we say FB stalker. lol

This Lass is taking a FB break & I'm announcing it not on FB, I'm announcing it here......hahaha......*wink*
Life is what happens while we are making plans for tomorrow

Return to “Social Concerns”