Teaching Toddlers About Gay Pride

Social, economic and environmental issues in our ever-changing world.
mandk

Re: Teaching Toddlers About Gay Pride

Post by mandk »

Good lord,leave the kids alone and let them be kids.they don't need to be brain washed,they will get enough of that site when the get to collage. Go back to your safe room lefturd
an open mind is like an open wound,it catches every disease that comes along
FreeRights
Guru

Post by FreeRights »

*removed*
Last edited by ferri on Sep 7th, 2017, 1:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Making it personal
Come quickly Jesus, we're barely holding on.
kelownaliving5

Post by kelownaliving5 »

Definitely! There has got to be history for all important subjects. Black history, slavery, homophobic people, etc. History on Harvey Milk. Children should be taught all important history.
StraitTalk
Lord of the Board

Post by StraitTalk »

When it comes to the socially inept (children) I would say the following:

-Give them a good learning environment. (Voting in Presidents like Donald Trump is not a good example of this.)
-Teach and promote critical thinking.
-Give them freedom to imagine.
-Be tolerant of their ideas.
-Teach them love.

I don't know how else to say this without seeming like I'm anti-gay. I am not at all. I just think there are better ways. I do have to say it's hilarious to read the posts in here of people getting right p'd off about this, I think that says a lot about point #1.
spooker

Post by spooker »

MAPearce
Buddha of the Board

Post by MAPearce »

Teaching toddlers about gay pride is STUPID . Straight up ..

Even our gay buddy and trusted family friend thinks so ....
Liberalism is a disease like cancer.. Once you get it , you can't get rid of it .
Ka-El
Buddha of the Board

Post by Ka-El »

MAPearce wrote: Even our gay buddy and trusted family friend thinks so ....

Oh well then, that's a wrap :smt045
MAPearce
Buddha of the Board

Post by MAPearce »

Oh well then, that's a wrap :smt045

I'm glad you think so ...

IMO , toddlers have enough trouble learning about gravity in the " real world ".... Leave them alone until they get that figured out at least ... Then , maybe go one to the " 3 R's"

This world is becoming to squishy pherphuquesakes....
Liberalism is a disease like cancer.. Once you get it , you can't get rid of it .
Mark5
Board Meister

Post by Mark5 »

Toddlers don`t need to know anything at all about sex, straight or gay. Let them live in a world without sex , until they are old enough to understand it.
whatwhat
Lord of the Board

Post by whatwhat »

Mark5 wrote:Toddlers don`t need to know anything at all about sex, straight or gay. Let them live in a world without sex , until they are old enough to understand it.

It isn't about sex, its about love.
hail Satan y'all
Green-light
Fledgling

Post by Green-light »

whatwhat wrote:
Mark5 wrote:Toddlers don`t need to know anything at all about sex, straight or gay. Let them live in a world without sex , until they are old enough to understand it.

It isn't about sex, its about love.

Love need not be advertised by wearing bright colored spandex and stuffing a sock down your ginch.
Love need not be advertised with a man wearing a boa and dancing around on a flat deck trailer.
Love need not be advertised by outrageous public displays of uncontrolled lust mislabeled as affection.

If it's not about sex, then why does every parade participant bring sexuality into their presence?
If it's not about sex, then why do the participants dress in ridiculously provocative outfits?

The whole pride movement is a farce. A scam.
The entire thing is wrong on every level.
Those who stand in supposed pride of this movement are a significant share of the very problem with society today and the direction to which it's faced.

Teaching toddlers about gay pride is not just teaching them a lie. It's child abuse.
whatwhat
Lord of the Board

Post by whatwhat »

Green-light wrote:Love need not be advertised by wearing bright colored spandex and stuffing a sock down your ginch.
Love need not be advertised with a man wearing a boa and dancing around on a flat deck trailer.
Love need not be advertised by outrageous public displays of uncontrolled lust mislabeled as affection.

If it's not about sex, then why does every parade participant bring sexuality into their presence?
If it's not about sex, then why do the participants dress in ridiculously provocative outfits?

Have you even been to a pride parade?? The couple pride events I have been too (Kelowna, Van, and Victoria) have been nothing like what you described.

Those who stand in supposed pride of this movement are a significant share of the very problem with society today and the direction to which it's faced.

Atleast nothing worse then I would see at the beach in town, unless you think that's child abuse too...

Teaching toddlers about gay pride is not just teaching them a lie. It's child abuse.

Dramatic much??
No one says you have to take your kid to the parade if you don't want too. But I'm guessing it's not only the parade you find "wrong", but the entire "gay" aspect.

The fact is, gay pride is about love. I'm sorry you can't accept the fact that gay people have the right to love just like you and I.
hail Satan y'all
Thinktank
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Thinktank »

whatwhat wrote:
Green-light wrote:No one says you have to take your kid to the parade if you don't want too. But I'm guessing it's not only the parade you find "wrong", but the entire "gay" aspect.

I'm guessing billionaires find a lot of things to be wrong.
I'm guessing every human on earth finds a lot of things to be wrong.
I'm guessing gays find a lot of things to be wrong.

I'm thinking if anyone doesn't find stuff to be wrong, he's probably *bleep*.
WHEN WILL WESTERN WAR PIGS WIND THIS UKRAINIAN GENOCIDE DOWN?????????????

"Fisman's Fraud" - most important Canadian book of 2024. covid fear tactics of fraudulent scientist David Fisman - misinformation distributed by U of Toronto researchers.
JLives
Buddha of the Board

Post by JLives »

Green-light wrote:Love need not be advertised by wearing bright colored spandex and stuffing a sock down your ginch.

Because they don't represent you. They represent themselves. It has nothing to do with you at all. The world isn't a boring place of heterosexual conservatively dressed folks holding hands and having a quick peck on the cheek. The world is exciting and bold and made up of a huge assortment of types of people. Go meet some and live a little.
"Every dollar you spend is a vote for what you believe in."
"My country is the world, and my religion is to do good."
whatwhat
Lord of the Board

Post by whatwhat »

Thinktank wrote:I'm guessing billionaires find a lot of things to be wrong.
I'm guessing every human on earth finds a lot of things to be wrong.
I'm guessing gays find a lot of things to be wrong.

I'm thinking if anyone doesn't find stuff to be wrong, he's probably *bleep*.

I mean, no sh*t.

Just because you think something is wrong, doesn't mean you get to try and paint it as child abuse. The LGBTQ community has faced a long history of stigma, and being pedophiles is one of them. That kind of ignorant discourse has been, and continues to be harmful towards people in that community.
hail Satan y'all

Return to “Social Concerns”