Teaching Toddlers About Gay Pride

Social, economic and environmental issues in our ever-changing world.
MAPearce
Buddha of the Board

Re: Teaching Toddlers About Gay Pride

Post by MAPearce »

Wait... When did the school system get brought in to this??

I dunno .. but why would teachers need to know this ?

<snip> Psychology professor Gayle Pitman's children’s book This Day in June, a picture book about Pride parades, helps parents and teachers introduce sexual orientation concepts to very young kids. <snip>
Liberalism is a disease like cancer.. Once you get it , you can't get rid of it .
Fancy
Insanely Prolific

Post by Fancy »

She teaches at a college.
Truths can be backed up by facts - do you have any?
Fancy this, Fancy that and by the way, T*t for Tat
MAPearce
Buddha of the Board

Post by MAPearce »

Fancy wrote:She teaches at a college.

to very young kids.
??????

I know but the topic is teaching toddlers about gay pride...

I'm not doing it ... I don't have toddlers anymore , but where would toddlers get that kind of education?

I'm thinking that's where the author of this thread was going and it's why I went there .
Liberalism is a disease like cancer.. Once you get it , you can't get rid of it .
whatwhat
Lord of the Board

Post by whatwhat »

MAPearce wrote:I know but the topic is teaching toddlers about gay pride...

I'm not doing it ... I don't have toddlers anymore , but where would toddlers get that kind of education?

I'm thinking that's where the author of this thread was going and it's why I went there .

whatwhat wrote:I can see it being a useful tool. When I was in elementary school, they did offer a sort of sex education spin off, I can see if being read there. Or maybe if a teacher was gay (while I was in school, teachers talked about their spouses, and even brought them into school and classes. I can see it bringing it up questions). And now a days, children are coming out as gay, and transsexual younger and younger. Maybe if a child was openly gay, it could be a useful tool in addressing questions, and reducing bullying.
hail Satan y'all
MAPearce
Buddha of the Board

Post by MAPearce »

Sure....

But IF that ever happens in a school that my kids go to , AND they don't want to attend any sort of "class" about that ...

Can they choose NOT to attend without them being called bigots ?? I mean we do explain LGBQTXYZ stuff to them when they see it , but they just think it''s weird and gross...

Tell me , should I beat my kids into understanding "inclusiveness" ? I mean really , they're only 9 and 12..

When would you suggest I beat the *bleep* out of them so they'll "understand " ? Or should I leave that up to a teacher?
whatwhat
Lord of the Board

Post by whatwhat »

MAPearce wrote:Sure....

But IF that ever happens in a school that my kids go to , AND they don't want to attend any sort of "class" about that ...

Can they choose NOT to attend without them being called bigots ?? I mean we do explain LGBQTXYZ stuff to them when they see it , but they just think it''s weird and gross...

Tell me , should I beat my kids into "inclusiveness" ? I mean really , they're only 9 and 12..

When would you suggest I beat the *bleep* out of them so they'll "understand " ?

Well just like sex education, and other programs offered in the school parent permission is required. I am sure you are aware of this as you said you have two kids.

And 9 and 12 are great ages to start teaching your children about inclusiveness, towards all types of people. People with disabilities, different races, genders, sexual orientations. That's an age were bullying can really start getting hurtful, so why not help educate kids about respecting others, and their differences.

I am confused where beating the *bleep* out of them comes from when all we are talking about is a children's book??
hail Satan y'all
MAPearce
Buddha of the Board

Post by MAPearce »

I am confused where beating the *bleep* out of them comes from when all we are talking about is a children's book??

As per the topic , it's about teaching toddlers.

If my kids don't accept these "teachings" , I think you'd expect me to make that lesson "stick" to them...

Of course the whole topic is a bit absurd , now.... But my toddlers , if I ever have them again , wouldn't read a book like that ...

Until they can make up their own minds about gender preference , it's 1 ,2 ,3 and A ,B ,C ..

Who in their right minds would think otherwise ??
Last edited by MAPearce on Oct 12th, 2015, 3:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Fancy
Insanely Prolific

Post by Fancy »

This book is not in the current curriculum.
Truths can be backed up by facts - do you have any?
Fancy this, Fancy that and by the way, T*t for Tat
whatwhat
Lord of the Board

Post by whatwhat »

MAPearce wrote:As per the topic , it's about teaching toddlers.

If my kids don't accept these "teachings" , I think you'd expect me to make that lesson "stick" to them...

Of course the whole topic is a bit absurd , now....

When have anyone on this thread stated that if your kids don't want to learn about the topic, that you need use physical force??

And as per the topic, yes its about teaching toddlers. If for some reason you feel like need to use physical force (which you brought it up, no one else did) to teach your toddler anything, I would be very worried about your parenting.
hail Satan y'all
MAPearce
Buddha of the Board

Post by MAPearce »

Fancy wrote:This book is not in the current curriculum.

sigh .... i know that ...
whatwhat
Lord of the Board

Post by whatwhat »

MAPearce wrote:But my toddlers , if I ever have them again , wouldn't read a book like that ...

And no one would enforce you too... isn't freedom a great thing!
hail Satan y'all
whatwhat
Lord of the Board

Post by whatwhat »

How is joking about beating up children to get them to learn something to "play along with". The thing about sarcasm is it isn't read very great over text format. When joking, and using sarcasm maybe pick a better topic then beating up toddlers on the internet.
hail Satan y'all
StraitTalk
Lord of the Board

Post by StraitTalk »

I feel there are people discussing the topic in this thread who seem to fundamentally disagree with what this book is discussing and I think those people should be a little more forthcoming.
Ford4x4Truck
Generalissimo Postalot

Post by Ford4x4Truck »

These sentences demonstrate EXACTLY what is wrong with society in regard to LGBTQ people and EXACTLY the reason why pride parades and books such as this one are 100% necessary.

Shame on the people making comments like the one quoted here. You're part of the problem.
two_shoes1mit
Board Meister

Post by two_shoes1mit »

Having children labeled bigots because they don't attend such a class is a pretty extreme statement. Public school at this age, unfortunately, has a lot to do with 'fitting in,' 'going with the flow.' I don't agree with this book being introduced to toddlers or even children up to the age of 8 years.
No one else out there is flaunting their sexual orientation, holding parades where participants are wearing g-strings, making disgusting gestures, etc. Somehow I have difficulty wrapping my head around the concept of PRIDE while viewing this.
Just using the catch works, such as fun, parade - you are going to grab a child's attention.. Would I buy this book for my child, no. Would I take my child to a Pride Parade, no.
We all have a choice as to the information we choose to share with our children at an age appropriate level that we deem fit. Personally, when my child was in grade 2 she was publicly ridiculed and shamed because she did not know about 'men marrying men,' and ladies marrying ladies.' This came from another grade 2 student whose parent obviously felt her child was old enough to process this information. Yet she chose to use it as a weapon to bully. Interesting isn't it?
Anybody else like to share?

Return to “Social Concerns”