Oil company subsidies.

Social, economic and environmental issues in our ever-changing world.
Atomoa
Guru

Re: Oil company subsidies.

Post by Atomoa »

The free market.

The true business of people should be to go back to
school and think about whatever it was they were
thinking about before somebody came along and told
them they had to earn a living.

- Buckminster Fuller
Dizzy1
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Dizzy1 »

I Think wrote:We are not talking about putting money into welfare for poor people, we are talking about corporate welfare.

Call it what every you want. I once thought the same as many of you do, but once you spend time in that industry, you realize how one sided the media really is and how incredibly important these projects are to our very fragile economy.
I Think wrote:The OP sets out that the subsidies not go to welfare, but to clean power industries.

We're not that far yet, it'll happen, more and more every year, but it takes time. And until that time comes where clean power industries can employee large amounts of people, we still have to make sure we can provide the best financial security for our citizens regardless of how much Suzuki Kool-aid we drink.
Nobody wants to hear your opinion. They just want to hear their own opinion coming out of your mouth.
Atomoa
Guru

Post by Atomoa »

Every major newspaper in Canada backed Stephen Harper during the last election. Andrew Coyne quit his job at The National Post because of the bias. Some Canadian newspapers even ran full front page, Elections Canada yellow Conservative ad's for the Conservatives.

When you say the media is "one sided", what are you referring to?
The true business of people should be to go back to
school and think about whatever it was they were
thinking about before somebody came along and told
them they had to earn a living.

- Buckminster Fuller
I Think
Walks on Forum Water

Post by I Think »

Now that "Harper the Horrible" is out of the picture the media will not need to cow tow to him any longer.
We're lost but we're making good time.
Dizzy1
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Dizzy1 »

Atomoa wrote:Every major newspaper in Canada backed Stephen Harper during the last election. Andrew Coyne quit his job at The National Post because of the bias. Some Canadian newspapers even ran full front page, Elections Canada yellow Conservative ad's for the Conservatives.

When you say the media is "one sided", what are you referring to?

What I'm saying has nothing to do with the paid advertisements in your picture - that's for sure lmao lol!

I guess all the major papers "endorse" Best Buy as well lmao lol!

Anyway- it's been fun - lots to do over the next couple of weeks up here driving the economy of this country so I'll chime in when I can >;)
Last edited by Dizzy1 on Nov 14th, 2015, 1:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Nobody wants to hear your opinion. They just want to hear their own opinion coming out of your mouth.
I Think
Walks on Forum Water

Post by I Think »

At the same time that alternative technology is improving, the costs of fossil-fuel recovery are really beginning to climb. Until the recent price drop and cut back in capex, the oil industry had increased exploration investment by 180 percent in 2000-2014, but this had translated into an increased supply of just 14 percent.
We're lost but we're making good time.

Return to “Social Concerns”