Creep Catcher

Social, economic and environmental issues in our ever-changing world.
mexi cali
Guru

Re: Creep Catcher

Post by mexi cali »

Choice number two has better results.
Praise the lord and pass the ammunition
Barney Google
Lord of the Board

Post by Barney Google »

LtZerge wrote:It really depends on your mentality, though. Some, like myself, see criminals (even abhorrent ones) and think "How can I fix this broken person?". Many see criminals and think "How can I avenge to make them pay?"

Sadly, 'fixing' isn't in the cards for many repeat offenders. Even after 'treatment' many are prone to repeat the crime or seek alternate venues (usually illegal of course) to feed their 'addiction'/problem.

The "Making them pay" thought is along the same lines as "pick on someone 'your own size' and see what happens" in addition to be 'protection-ary'.

It's pretty hard for most people to speculate being rational or irrational in situations like we are discussing herein.
I've known a couple of pretty 'rational' and compassionate people who when their spouse/child got raped/abused that, completely out of character, did some pretty serious damage to the perpetrator.
“Before you criticize someone, walk a mile in his shoes. That way if he gets angry, he'll be a mile away and barefoot. ”
- Unknown
Atomoa
Guru

Post by Atomoa »

Barney Google wrote:I've known a couple of pretty 'rational' and compassionate people who when their spouse/child got raped/abused that, completely out of character, did some pretty serious damage to the perpetrator.

...and there are professional, courteous and well liked adults that go home at night and beat the crap out of their spouse.

It's just a loss of emotional control.
The true business of people should be to go back to
school and think about whatever it was they were
thinking about before somebody came along and told
them they had to earn a living.

- Buckminster Fuller
Barney Google
Lord of the Board

Post by Barney Google »

Atomoa wrote:It's just a loss of emotional control.
You are mad so let it rip. It feels good to be justified to behave like a psychopath!

Agreed, it is a loss of emotional control. Life does that to us by dishing out things in life that challenge people.

Don't know too many people who can hold their emotions in check when someone they love or care about has been badly hurt or injured. If being unable to remain emotionless during such times and situations makes them 'mad' or 'a psychopath' in your eyes...you are entitled to feel that way. Others disagree.

So back to the topic...Creep Catcher.

I wonder if others will take up his example and what the outcome would be. Being that everything is recorded on video I guess that would deter some Creeps from reacting violently but at some point I think someone is gonna smoke the camera guy and then The Catcher.
“Before you criticize someone, walk a mile in his shoes. That way if he gets angry, he'll be a mile away and barefoot. ”
- Unknown
LtZerge

Post by LtZerge »

Atomoa wrote:...and there are professional, courteous and well liked adults that go home at night and beat the crap out of their spouse.

It's just a loss of emotional control.

Mhm, this violent protectionist nature is extremely deep in the human psyche. I'd go so far as to call it quite instinctual, and the ability to vent it is extremely cathartic in nature. Not that I necessarily condone it, but it's at least completely understandable. I'd never blame them for having those feelings
LtZerge

Post by LtZerge »

Barney Google wrote:So back to the topic...Creep Catcher.

I wonder if others will take up his example and what the outcome would be. Being that everything is recorded on video I guess that would deter some Creeps from reacting violently but at some point I think someone is gonna smoke the camera guy and then The Catcher.

Well, it's a start, certainly. I know for a fact there are special units within the police's investigation side that do these kinds of under-cover fishing operations. It's a valuable tool for deterring the behavior as it cause the potential abuser to much more paranoid of potential for harm in an otherwise lop-sided endeavor. I have nothing but respect for those officers and these citizens who put themselves on the line to functional protect others being subjected to these people, especially when it's not just violent vigilantism
Gixxer
Lord of the Board

Post by Gixxer »

Its to bad that the RCMP are concerned with medical marijuana dispensaries and not catching creeps that prey on young kids.
Barney Google
Lord of the Board

Post by Barney Google »

Wonder how this is going to play out...

Death of Cameron Leon, high-risk sex offender, now considered a homicide

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/british-c ... -1.3357667

Regardless, one less creep to worry about...
- Unknown
the truth
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by the truth »

Gixxer wrote:Its to bad that the RCMP are concerned with medical marijuana dispensaries and not catching creeps that prey on young kids.

rcmp no ,Ottawa yes rcmp do what there told word comes from the top down
"The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it." -George Orwell
Poindexter
Guru

Post by Poindexter »

For 99.99% of people pediphilia has to be one of the most repulsive and inexplicable addictions in today's society. What causes a person to choose a habit so vilafied that it's a game changer in thier's and the exploited child's life.

You could have it all like Mr. Subway and throw it away, and for what? Louis C.K. took on the 'for what' in a Saturday night live monologue and got torn apart for trying to understand their motivation.

The reason we see such venom in many posts is because the very thought enacts the fight or flight response, and few decent men would choose the latter.
Remember: Humans are 99% chimp.
Gixxer
Lord of the Board

Post by Gixxer »

the truth wrote:rcmp no ,Ottawa yes rcmp do what there told word comes from the top down

You're wrong

https://www.civilized.life/can-justin-t ... 38953.html
Gixxer
Lord of the Board

Post by Gixxer »

Original Creep Catcher
JayByrd
Lord of the Board

Post by JayByrd »

Poindexter wrote:For 99.99% of people pediphilia has to be one of the most repulsive and inexplicable addictions in today's society. What causes a person to choose a habit so vilafied that it's a game changer in thier's and the exploited child's life.

Splitting hairs here, but it's a compulsion, not an addiction. People don't choose it...a small number of us are just wired that way. Please don't take this as a defense of anyone's actions.
When someone says they pay taxes, you know they're about to be an ******e.
Silverstarqueen
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by Silverstarqueen »

A pedophile might not have a choice as to whether they find children attractive to them, but they do have a choice as to whether they act on it. Just as men who are attracted to women have a choice as to whether they act on that urge. Otherwise we just say rape is not a choice, people just have to do it. Or, Oh, I just had to murder that person,( over whatever excuse), i couldn't help myself. I'm not buying that.
JayByrd
Lord of the Board

Post by JayByrd »

Silverstarqueen wrote:A pedophile might not have a choice as to whether they find children attractive to them, but they do have a choice as to whether they act on it. Just as men who are attracted to women have a choice as to whether they act on that urge. Otherwise we just say rape is not a choice, people just have to do it. Or, Oh, I just had to murder that person,( over whatever excuse), i couldn't help myself. I'm not buying that.

Nor should anyone. With therapy, possibly medication, and effort, someone afflicted with pedophilia can overcome those urges. But that help has to be sought out.
When someone says they pay taxes, you know they're about to be an ******e.

Return to “Social Concerns”