Creep Catcher

Social, economic and environmental issues in our ever-changing world.
Silverstarqueen
Admiral HMS Castanet

Re: Creep Catcher

Post by Silverstarqueen »

And why was Cameron Leon even let out after his previous sexual assaults, which if you read the details looked more like first degree attempted murder?
http://www.chilliwacktimes.com/news/245022551.html
Poindexter
Guru

Post by Poindexter »

Silverstarqueen wrote:And why was Cameron Leon even let out after his previous sexual assaults, which if you read the details looked more like first degree attempted murder?
http://www.chilliwacktimes.com/news/245022551.html

Which is why Creep Catchers has found public support, the average sentence for a pedophile is less than 5 years, hardly commensurate to the damage they cause.
Remember: Humans are 99% chimp.
Poindexter
Guru

Post by Poindexter »

JayByrd wrote:People don't choose it...a small number of us are just wired that way. Please don't take this as a defense of anyone's actions.

In my opinion it does start off as a choice and has nothing to do with wiring. No one is born a pedophile, just like no one is born a clopper. While Cloppers are harmless it's an example of a learned response brought on by what someone has chosen as masturbate material.
http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.p ... id=6675232
Graham Adder
Guru

Post by Graham Adder »

Poindexter wrote:In my opinion it does start off as a choice and has nothing to do with wiring. No one is born a pedophile, just like no one is born a clopper. While Cloppers are harmless it's an example of a learned response brought on by what someone has chosen as masturbate material.
http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.p ... id=6675232

Your opinion is unfortunately for you, irrelevant. What is relevant is the truth and nothing but.
What is true, is that some people are pre-wired in this manner.
That's as real and factual as anyone born with gender dysphoria.
It's as real and factual as anyone born gay.
That's not to say that every pedophile was born with this predisposition.

It's been found that people with brain injuries are often affected in this way. Whether by stroke, accident or otherwise, brain injuries have been added to the list of contributing factors. Also on the list are genetics, environmental influences and societal factors.

It's easy to see that with minimal research, we can find examples or reasons far beyond a loose and uninformed opinion.
We are certainly entitled to have opinions, but in some cases it's really not of value to cast an uninformed one.

I believe we need to devote more research into the causes, and do what has to be done to gain an understanding and implement changes to our current system to accommodate treatment opportunities where applicable, and methods to determine what to do with those who cannot be "fixed" and reintegrated.

We can't just put everyone we loath and do not understand against the wall. If we shoot everyone that fits that bill, I'm going to have a lonely existence.
GordonH
Сварливий старий мерзотник

Post by GordonH »

I have absolutely no compassion for those who prey upon children/young people (under legal age).
As for this Creep Catchers group/groups, leave it up to the proper authorities.
I don't give a damn whether people/posters like me or dislike me, I'm not on earth to win any popularity contests.
Silverstarqueen
Admiral HMS Castanet

I don't think we are proposing lengthy incarceration (or stay in mental facility indefinitely) for a pedophile just because we "loathe" them. The point is the public (children even more so) have to be protected. I fsomeone has committed such an offence (sexually molested a child, or sexually assaulted a woman or male) then just popping them in jail for a few months or a year, and then turning them loose while authorities "watch and wait" to see if he attacks someone else, is NOT protecting the public. How many people do they have to molest or attack before someone is put away for a lengthy period, or kept in some facility? do we wait until they kill someone (or almost kill them) before we get serious about preventing further attacks?

Makes no difference to me, and probably not to the victims, that someone seems to "have no choice". That is not a good reason to allow them to reoffend, if they really do "have no choice", then of course it is only a matter of time before they reoffend. These people need to be very closely supervised for many years at least.
looking4one
Übergod

Post by looking4one »

Makes for a strong case for pro-chemical castration.
Learn from yesterday, live for today, hope for tomorrow. The important thing is not to stop questioning. Albert Einstein
Silverstarqueen
Admiral HMS Castanet

Not sure that will work. Dogs which are spayed or castrated still often engage in the behavior. So I'm not sure the human behavior depends on actually having the hormones in their system. They want to dominate the victim, and get some pleasure out of that. I doubt there's a chemical treatment for that.
looking4one
Übergod

Post by looking4one »

Silverstarqueen wrote:Not sure that will work. Dogs which are spayed or castrated still often engage in the behavior. So I'm not sure the human behavior depends on actually having the hormones in their system. They want to dominate the victim, and get some pleasure out of that. I doubt there's a chemical treatment for that.

There is always lead. It fixes many ailments.
Learn from yesterday, live for today, hope for tomorrow. The important thing is not to stop questioning. Albert Einstein
Silverstarqueen
Admiral HMS Castanet

Well there are drugs which would put the perps into a catatonic state. That's what they do in the nursing homes and hospitals, if the inmates get too hard to handle, they just load them up with drugs to make them manageable. No crime need be committed, no court process required, they get no say in it. so it can't be legally any more tricky to do it with a violent or sexual offender.
Gixxer
Lord of the Board

Post by Gixxer »

Silverstarqueen wrote:Not sure that will work. Dogs which are spayed or castrated still often engage in the behavior. So I'm not sure the human behavior depends on actually having the hormones in their system. They want to dominate the victim, and get some pleasure out of that. I doubt there's a chemical treatment for that.

There is its called PSSD and a person can get it from taking a SSRI antidepressant.
Poindexter
Guru

Post by Poindexter »

Graham Adder wrote:I believe we need to devote more research into the causes, and do what has to be done to gain an understanding and implement changes to our current system to accommodate treatment opportunities where applicable, and methods to determine what to do with those who cannot be "fixed" and reintegrated.

We can't just put everyone we loath and do not understand against the wall. If we shoot everyone that fits that bill, I'm going to have a lonely existence.

You say my opinion is irrelevant and then in the next paragraph say we have no idea what the cause is, bit of a contradiction isn't it?

Again, just my opinion but to me makes sense, if grown men can have a conditioned response to find My Little Ponies erotic, it says to me there a few limits to what someone can learn is sexually desirable.

And with all due respect, the fact you loosely compare pedophiles to homosexuality shows you have no idea what you're talking about. From conception to about 6 weeks males and females are virtually the same until the Y chromosome kicks in, and without getting into too much detail, this is when hormones or lack thereof changes you to male or female as we know it. Due to various factors these hormones are not consistent to all fetuses and a spectrum of sexuality is the outcome. Homosexuality is a natural part of this spectrum -- pedophilia is not. While I have no doubt it's been around since the dawn of time and thighing is still practiced in some parts of the world, pedophilia is a cultural/learned phenomenon not a natural one. It is conditioned response where as homosexuality is a result of natural processes. To compare the two is simply wrong and offensive.
Even Steven
Guru

Post by Even Steven »

There are people who find My Little Pony movies erotic?

:135:
perspicacious
Board Meister

Post by perspicacious »

Even Steven wrote:There are people who find My Little Pony movies erotic?

Weird!! The world really is a strange place
Sell your cleverness and buy bewilderment.
Gixxer
Lord of the Board

Post by Gixxer »

Even Steven wrote:There are people who find My Little Pony movies erotic?

Yes they're called cloppers. YouTube my little pony rave party

Return to “Social Concerns”