Stop treating my girlfriend with respect

Social, economic and environmental issues in our ever-changing world.
Captain Awesome
Buddha of the Board

Re: Stop Treating my Girlfriend with Respect

Post by Captain Awesome »

Dizzy1 wrote:Using phrases like "you're like a brother to me", "we've been friends for so long", "I don't want to ruin our friendship", "it'll be weird" instead of simply being upfront and honest that they have no attraction to you are common tactics to give the guy just enough hope that maybe one day something will happen.

Of course, this happens the other way around as well.

Don't know many single guys who would turn down sex with a girl who wanted it by saying "It would be weird".
Sarcasm is like a good game of chess. Most people don't know how to play chess.
whatwhat
Lord of the Board

Post by whatwhat »

Dizzy1 wrote:The "friendzone" is a little deeper and more complex than that. Some woman will purposely string a guy along just enough to keep them on the sidelines as their personal support group when the *bleep* they're dating turns out to be an *bleep*. Then they turn to their guy friend and manipulate his affection for her in getting the confidence boost she needs to pick herself up and start dating the next *bleep*. This process is repeated over and over again until we, as men, finally clue in on whats going on.

Using phrases like "you're like a brother to me", "we've been friends for so long", "I don't want to ruin our friendship", "it'll be weird" instead of simply being upfront and honest that they have no attraction to you are common tactics to give the guy just enough hope that maybe one day something will happen.

Of course, this happens the other way around as well.

There are *bleep* people in all situations of life, including dating. I will admit that of course their of women (and men too) who act that way in situations. But would I call that the friend zone effect? Personally no, I would just call that person a sh*tty person. When you start to call something by a title, it kind of umbrellas a lot of different situations, that aren't nearly as horrible as someone doing it on purpose.

EX. I used to play on a softball team. One of the guys on the team asked if I would want to carpool with him since we lived in a similar area. I said yes. We drove to and forth games talking about work, mutual friends and life in general. At the time I was dating other guys but was single. I was in no way attracted in him and did not act like I was. At the end of the season, he asked me out and I said no. He then proceeded to get angry and told me I friend zoned him.

Did I purposefully lead him on to boost my confidence? No.

Not to mention, if a girl is taking advantage of you like that you need to move on. Just like a girl dating the d*ck guy and going back to him over and over again. You are wasting your time and energy on the d*ck girl, but continue to go back to her over and over again. You can't complain about the girls who keep going back to the bad guy when you keep going back to the bad girl.

And if a guy I was interested in told me "I was like a sister to him" I think I would get the hint.
hail Satan y'all
Poindexter
Guru

Re: Stop treating my girlfriend with respect

Post by Poindexter »

Finally a guy that actually makes me look good.
Remember: Humans are 99% chimp.
Dizzy1
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Dizzy1 »

whatwhat wrote:But would I call that the friend zone effect? Personally no, I would just call that person a sh*tty person.

There's different levels of being friendzoned.
whatwhat wrote:EX. I used to play on a softball team. One of the guys on the team asked if I would want to carpool with him since we lived in a similar area. I said yes. We drove to and forth games talking about work, mutual friends and life in general. At the time I was dating other guys but was single. I was in no way attracted in him and did not act like I was. At the end of the season, he asked me out and I said no. He then proceeded to get angry and told me I friend zoned him.

Did I purposefully lead him on to boost my confidence? No.

Which would be at the very bottom of the spectrum compared to my example. Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying that you did anything wrong or anything like that - but if you were to remain friends with him then, yes he would have been "friend zoned" - not that thats a bad thing in your example (other than his attitude about it which is clearly childish).
whatwhat wrote:Not to mention, if a girl is taking advantage of you like that you need to move on. Just like a girl dating the d*ck guy and going back to him over and over again. You are wasting your time and energy on the d*ck girl, but continue to go back to her over and over again. You can't complain about the girls who keep going back to the bad guy when you keep going back to the bad girl.

And if a guy I was interested in told me "I was like a sister to him" I think I would get the hint.

Yeah, some of us men aren't very intuitive LOL ;)
Nobody wants to hear your opinion. They just want to hear their own opinion coming out of your mouth.
Glacier
The Pilgrim

Post by Glacier »

Men are different from women. Men think that if a woman smiles at him, she wants to sleep with him. Women smile as an innocent greeting.
"No one has the right to apologize for something they did not do, and no one has the right to accept an apology if the wrong was not done to them."
- Douglas Murray
Bsuds
The Wagon Master

Post by Bsuds »

Glacier wrote:Men are different from women. Men think that if a woman smiles at him, she wants to sleep with him. Women smile as an innocent greeting.

No I think she is devising different ways to mess with my mind.
My Wife asked me if I knew what her favorite flower was?
Apparently "Robin Hood All Purpose" was the wrong answer!
whatwhat
Lord of the Board

Post by whatwhat »

Glacier wrote:Men are different from women. Men think that if a woman smiles at him, she wants to sleep with him. Women smile as an innocent greeting.

And then when you don't smile you're a b*tch, and get told me strange men on the street that "you'd be prettier if you smiled".

Oh, the joys of womanhood.
hail Satan y'all
Dizzy1
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Dizzy1 »

whatwhat wrote:
And then when you don't smile you're a b*tch, and get told me strange men on the street that "you'd be prettier if you smiled".

Oh, the joys of womanhood.

You think its any different for guys?
Nobody wants to hear your opinion. They just want to hear their own opinion coming out of your mouth.
Glacier
The Pilgrim

Post by Glacier »

Funny how we look down on the Islamic world for looking at women as sides of meat when our culture does it as well. Perhaps not to the same degree, but a significant portion of the population would exploit a woman sexually if they thought they could get away with it.

asdf.jpg
"No one has the right to apologize for something they did not do, and no one has the right to accept an apology if the wrong was not done to them."
- Douglas Murray
whatwhat
Lord of the Board

Post by whatwhat »

Dizzy1 wrote:You think its any different for guys?

Not sure why you are bringing that up when I made a comment about women. Just because I made a comment about what women deal with does not mean that ONLY women deal with it.
hail Satan y'all
Atomoa
Guru

Post by Atomoa »

whatwhat wrote:Good read to explain why the "friendzone" is bullsh*t.

Hardly.

http://www.wdish.com/entertainment/wast ... 16-hashtag

cyrene tankard @cyrenelovette
Finally allow him to take you on a date then after have him drop you off at your other man's house #WasteHisTime2016
11:22 AM - 6 Jan 2016

JL @JessicaLaliah
Tell him you're not looking for anything serious. Then get in a relationship the next week with someone else. #WasteHisTime2016
The true business of people should be to go back to
school and think about whatever it was they were
thinking about before somebody came along and told
them they had to earn a living.

- Buckminster Fuller
LtZerge

Post by LtZerge »

whatwhat wrote:"Dizzy1":
You think its any different for guys?"

Not sure why you are bringing that up when I made a comment about women. Just because I made a comment about what women deal with does not mean that ONLY women deal with it.

Well, it's implied when you focus on one specific group instead of using a more generalized term like "things people deal with", but what-ever... Heck I'd concede a smiling face is usually much more attractive in general, just saying it unsolicited to a random person is weird and rude, as you're indirectly stating they're currently ugly and you don't like it

---------

As for this friend-zone thing I've only felt it when I was dropped by a previous GF that earnestly wanted to still be friends. It proceeded to be a friends-with-benefits-zone where we had a relationship but there was no love allowed, if I uttered or implied anything toward that she'd get upset at me. It was a really weird spot to be in.

Friend zone is hard because you actually have feelings for the person. You do things for them for multiples reasons: because you do love them on some level, and because you think displaying enough affection will get them to reciprocate. It's a weird mix of self-less and selfish motivations. Some women do like you (but not in that way) while others purposefully use your emotional state to their advantage. The latter are just the worst people you'll meet

"Why do women date *bleep*?" Is a philosophical issue that will debated until the end of time :popcorn:
*bleep* tend to have an amazing attractive hook and a good reel, but then you're thrown in the livewell wondering what just happened. At least that's a common story to it
Dizzy1
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Dizzy1 »

whatwhat wrote:

And I simply made a comment that we meant have to deal with it as well. You're speaking from your gender's view and I'm speaking from mine.
StraitTalk
Lord of the Board

Post by StraitTalk »

What's the source of this text?
MAPearce
Buddha of the Board

Post by MAPearce »

I must wonder....

Where's the "wife beater" shirt AND how many healthy teeth this guy has ??
Liberalism is a disease like cancer.. Once you get it , you can't get rid of it .

Return to “Social Concerns”