Stop treating my girlfriend with respect

Social, economic and environmental issues in our ever-changing world.
Glacier
The Pilgrim

Stop treating my girlfriend with respect

Post by Glacier »

COLUMBUS, OH—Calling it a “major problem” that happens far too often, local man Tyler Harris, 26, told reporters Wednesday that he absolutely hates it when other guys come up to his girlfriend and treat her with respect. “All these dudes think they can just walk right up to Amanda and start speaking to her like she’s a fellow human being and I’m not gonna notice? They better back off,” said Harris, who added that anyone who’s considering asking her about her unique personal interests and desires or assumes she has opinions of her own should definitely think twice before trying anything. “What do they think they’re doing by attentively listening to what she has to say and considering her thoughts and feelings when interacting with her? She’s mine, and nobody talks to her like that—not if I have anything to do with it.” Harris concluded his warning with a promise to beat the *bleep* out of any man who even so much as looked at his girlfriend like she was an intelligent, independent individual.
"No one has the right to apologize for something they did not do, and no one has the right to accept an apology if the wrong was not done to them."
- Douglas Murray
Bsuds
The Wagon Master

Re: Stop Treating my Girlfriend with Respect

Post by Bsuds »

Apparently she's not too intelligent because she goes out with this creep.
My Wife asked me if I knew what her favorite flower was?
Apparently "Robin Hood All Purpose" was the wrong answer!
Dizzy1
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Dizzy1 »

This has got to be something from The Onion, right?
Nobody wants to hear your opinion. They just want to hear their own opinion coming out of your mouth.
TreeGuy
Lord of the Board

Post by TreeGuy »

Bsuds wrote:Apparently she's not too intelligent because she goes out with this creep.

See it all the time, pretty girls with total D-Bags. The girls are convinced they can change their guy or they think they don't deserve better.
ifwisheswerehorses
Übergod

Post by ifwisheswerehorses »

Can you imagine spending any time with his family? He learned his behaviour from them, how charming.
Speak when you are angry and you will make the best speech you’ll ever regret.
TreeGuy
Lord of the Board

Post by TreeGuy »

ifwisheswerehorses wrote:Can you imagine spending any time with his family? He learned his behaviour from them, how charming.

Or maybe it comes from her, people can and do teach each other how they want to be treated.
Dizzy1
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Dizzy1 »

TreeGuy wrote:
See it all the time, pretty girls with total D-Bags. The girls are convinced they can change their guy or they think they don't deserve better.

Some girls are just attracted to guys like that. I don't get why. They get treated like crap, put up with it for awhile, then leave them and go to their guy friends sobbing and crying how worthless they feel. Then the guy friend comforts her, builds up her confidence until its good enough so she can go back to her useless boyfriend and repeats the whole thing over and over. It think its a game for the girls, they want the "bad" guy but at the same time they want the attention from the "nice" guy.

As for the story itself, as I suspected ...

http://www.theonion.com/article/man-hat ... end--51370
Nobody wants to hear your opinion. They just want to hear their own opinion coming out of your mouth.
TreeGuy
Lord of the Board

Post by TreeGuy »

Dizzy1 wrote:Some girls are just attracted to guys like that. I don't get why. They get treated like crap, put up with it for awhile, then leave them and go to their guy friends sobbing and crying how worthless they feel. Then the guy friend comforts her, builds up her confidence until its good enough so she can go back to her useless boyfriend and repeats the whole thing over and over. It think its a game for the girls, they want the "bad" guy but at the same time they want the attention from the "nice" guy.

Typical of the Onion, good find! An interesting topic all the same.

Another common reason for this behaviour: Daddy Issues.
youhavegottobekidding
Fledgling

Post by youhavegottobekidding »

this guy looks like that golfer Jordan SPIETH or something like that..........weird guy to say the least....who the hell thinks like that??
mexi cali
Guru

Post by mexi cali »

Nah, Jordan is rapidly going bald.
Praise the lord and pass the ammunition
whatwhat
Lord of the Board

Post by whatwhat »

Dizzy1 wrote:Some girls are just attracted to guys like that. I don't get why. They get treated like crap, put up with it for awhile, then leave them and go to their guy friends sobbing and crying how worthless they feel. Then the guy friend comforts her, builds up her confidence until its good enough so she can go back to her useless boyfriend and repeats the whole thing over and over. It think its a game for the girls, they want the "bad" guy but at the same time they want the attention from the "nice" guy.

As a girl, I myself have dated a few dirt bag guys before I found my nice guy. Why would I continue to date a dirt bag you may be asking? Because they normally don't start out that way. They are "nice guys" too at some point. You fall in love, then BAM! He cheats on you! Kills your cat! For anyone who has ever been in love, sometimes it is hard to throw that feeling away.

As for the "guy friend", why can't he just be a good friend without expecting anything?? In my experience, if a "good guy" is only good so he can try and get with the girl he isn't truly a nice guy. I have experienced "guy friends" who have been nice to me, and then try and hit on me. When I turn then down (because I am not attracted to them) they finally show their true colours. Just because you are a "nice guy" does not mean you automatically deserve the girl.
hail Satan y'all
whatwhat
Lord of the Board

Post by whatwhat »

http://makemeasammich.org/2013/05/04/the-friend-zone-is-total-fucking-bullshit/

Good read to explain why the "friendzone" is bullsh*t.
hail Satan y'all
Dizzy1
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Dizzy1 »

whatwhat wrote:http://makemeasammich.org/2013/05/04/the-friend-zone-is-total-fucking-bullshit/

Good read to explain why the "friendzone" is bullsh*t.

Oh, the friend zone is very real - very,very real. :smt045
whatwhat
Lord of the Board

Post by whatwhat »

Dizzy1 wrote:Oh, the friend zone is very real - very,very real. :smt045

Well read the article and it may open your eyes to why it's not.

Just because you are nice to a girl, that doesn't mean you automatically deserve a relationship. The girl has a right to not have an attraction to you.
hail Satan y'all
Dizzy1
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Dizzy1 »

what what wrote:
Well read the article and it may open your eyes to why it's not.

Just because you are nice to a girl, that doesn't mean you automatically deserve a relationship. The girl has a right to not have an attraction to you.

The "friendzone" is a little deeper and more complex than that. Some woman will purposely string a guy along just enough to keep them on the sidelines as their personal support group when the *bleep* they're dating turns out to be an *bleep*. Then they turn to their guy friend and manipulate his affection for her in getting the confidence boost she needs to pick herself up and start dating the next *bleep*. This process is repeated over and over again until we, as men, finally clue in on whats going on.

Using phrases like "you're like a brother to me", "we've been friends for so long", "I don't want to ruin our friendship", "it'll be weird" instead of simply being upfront and honest that they have no attraction to you are common tactics to give the guy just enough hope that maybe one day something will happen.

Of course, this happens the other way around as well.

Return to “Social Concerns”