Why All Judges Should be Fired and Replaced with JWs

Social, economic and environmental issues in our ever-changing world.
Glacier
The Pilgrim

Why All Judges Should be Fired and Replaced with JWs

Post by Glacier »

There's a lot of worry around political appointments to the bench. Since JWs tend to be politically neutral, putting only JWs on the Supreme Court would get rid of the partisan politics.

http://www.pewresearch.org/fact-tank/20 ... -leanings/
"No one has the right to apologize for something they did not do, and no one has the right to accept an apology if the wrong was not done to them."
- Douglas Murray
Atomoa
Guru

Re: Why All Judges Should be Fired and Replaced with JWs

Post by Atomoa »

JW's also let their children die waiting for Jesus to take away the cancer.
The true business of people should be to go back to
school and think about whatever it was they were
thinking about before somebody came along and told
them they had to earn a living.

- Buckminster Fuller
Glacier
The Pilgrim

Post by Glacier »

Well we can kill two birds with one stone. Force JWs to save their children, and force them to join the Supreme Court.
"No one has the right to apologize for something they did not do, and no one has the right to accept an apology if the wrong was not done to them."
- Douglas Murray
Hassel99
Lord of the Board

Post by Hassel99 »

JW are not know for being reasonable and forward thinking. I know, I married one.

Motion denied.
Trigger69
Fledgling

Post by Trigger69 »

I think your thinking here is flawed but I would say judges in Canada should elect judges and they should only serve 5 year terms and have to bid for reelection. Wanna talk about making them accountable to what the public demands. That's how.
JayByrd
Lord of the Board

Post by JayByrd »

Trigger69 wrote:I think your thinking here is flawed but I would say judges in Canada should elect judges and they should only serve 5 year terms and have to bid for reelection. Wanna talk about making them accountable to what the public demands. That's how.

And then we'll have judges in that position not because they're the best judge, but because they're the best at winning an election. And I'm sure there are a lot of groups with particular interests, who'd prefer a particular judge to be in place...
When someone says they pay taxes, you know they're about to be an ******e.
Trigger69
Fledgling

Post by Trigger69 »

JayByrd wrote:
And then we'll have judges in that position not because they're the best judge, but because they're the best at winning an election. And I'm sure there are a lot of groups with particular interests, who'd prefer a particular judge to be in place...

Maybe so but right now it takes an act or parliament to have an inadequate judge removed and to be honest I would rather see some of the decision making process of who sits on the bench be placed back into the public's hands and the 5 year term deal would mean they are also accountable...
Plus you don't think there is a political and "special groups" placing judges on the bench already? Worst yet is once they are there they are there for the duration or until they hit retirement age. I say sway the decision making process by allowing the general public to vote on a platform that is put forth by each perspective judge and let the public decide who is best suited for the position.

Return to “Social Concerns”