Go fund my honeymoon?

Social, economic and environmental issues in our ever-changing world.
kgcayenne
Buddha of the Board

Re: Go fund my honeymoon?

Post by kgcayenne »

Did someone say lime? Is there tequila involved?
"without knowledge, he multiplies mere words."
Insanity is hereditary, you get it from your kids.
Bpeep
Mindquad

Post by Bpeep »

After we deal with The Donald.
Seeking the apartment that is creating leasing interest concerns knowledgeable seclusive morons excessively.
Bpeep
Mindquad

Post by Bpeep »

I really shouldnt joke about stuff like this, so I apologize if anyone's offended.
If it's any consolation, you can all pour some booze on my grave, after you strain it through your kidneys.
Seeking the apartment that is creating leasing interest concerns knowledgeable seclusive morons excessively.
Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Post by Queen K »

Wasn't that always the plan?

Could someone fund my never ending need for books? Donald G?
Or how about my love of traveling?
And photography. Good glass is expensive.
As WW3 develops, no one is going to be dissing the "preppers." What have you done?
Donald G
Buddha of the Board

Post by Donald G »

I think that the best use for excess lime is the use it to paint the lines at the local little league ball diamond. That way, although dead, I can do what I can to keep young people headed in the right direction >>>>

Not being able to joke about our own death or being dead is to deny the great dismantling after death and the great rebuilding of new life. To be afraid of death is to be afraid of being where we were before conception ... one very unique, almost magic, molecule of DNA in the making.
Donald G
Buddha of the Board

Post by Donald G »

Postby Queen K » 13 minutes ago

Wasn't that always the plan?

Or how about my love of traveling?
And photography. Good glass is expensive.

Have you been travelling around town taking pictures through the windows again ?? >>>
Or are you talking about seeing the world through the bottom of a tequila glass ?? >>>

They will throw the book at you for those kind of things >>>
Bpeep
Mindquad

Post by Bpeep »

Donald G wrote:I think that the best use for excess lime is the use it to paint the lines at the local little league ball diamond. That way, although dead, I can do what I can to keep young people headed in the right direction >>>>

Not being able to joke about our own death or being dead is to deny the great dismantling after death and the great rebuilding of new life. To be afraid of death is to be afraid of being where we were before conception ... one very unique, almost magic, molecule of DNA in the making.

Wrong kinda lime.
You get to be doused with calcium hydroxide.
That stuff's like a 30 cent Mexican burrito.
It'll burn right thru ya.
Donald G
Buddha of the Board

Post by Donald G »

Sort of like mixing lime juice with tequila ?? You mean like that ??
Bpeep
Mindquad

Post by Bpeep »

Similar.
Only a much higher ph.
Donald G
Buddha of the Board

Post by Donald G »

Go fund my singing lessons so that I can go all the way up to high ph
davis123
Board Meister

Post by davis123 »

Troy wrote:Having a gofundme page doesn't seem like a big deal to me. It's just another gift idea a wedding couple can suggest to their guests.

But why do they feel the need to "suggest" a gift? That is so tacky and presumptuous. Do these people also send out Christmas cards and "suggest" gifts they would like for Christmas or maybe send out the big Sears wish book with their 'suggestions' circled, like when we were all 5 years old?
whatwhat
Lord of the Board

Post by whatwhat »

davis123 wrote:
But why do they feel the need to "suggest" a gift? That is so tacky and presumptuous. Do these people also send out Christmas cards and "suggest" gifts they would like for Christmas or maybe send out the big Sears wish book with their 'suggestions' circled, like when we were all 5 years old?

Well most people send out where their wedding registry is with their invitation. Which is a really long list of suggestions haha.

And I don't know about you, but my family normally asks for gift suggestions for Christmas and birthdays. Not that I would ever demand a present, but when asked I will give suggestions. I think most gift givers like suggestions as they like to give gifts the receiver needs or will enjoy.
hail Satan y'all
Donald G
Buddha of the Board

Post by Donald G »

There was a day when it was almost considered the eight of bad manners to give money but I think that those days are behind us. Personally I find giving money to be a foolproof way of avoiding the many unknowns that come with choosing and sending a suitable gift that the person or people really want or would like. The size of the "gift" can be tailored to every, sometimes significantly different, situation.
Bpeep
Mindquad

Post by Bpeep »

I prefer not to give cash as a gift.
Peeps have a tendency to spend it on the most inappropriate items.
I give everyone a kitten. If I'm feeling generous, I'll give a fortunate recipient five kittens.
LoneWolf_53
Walks on Forum Water

Post by LoneWolf_53 »

Donald G wrote:There was a day when it was almost considered the eight of bad manners to give money but I think that those days are behind us.

There was also a day that newlyweds accepted that beginning a life together, meant working together to get all the things they see their parents have, but took their parents a couple of decades to accumulate.

Not so anymore. Nowadays they think that they are entitled to begin their lives together already owning all the things they imagined, and if you've ever watched some of those HGTV shows you'd know exactly what I mean.

Everything has to be there, from fully outfitted man cave, to granite counter tops, jacuzzi tub, two car garage, with his and hers BMW's, boat, couple of snowmobiles, dirt bikes, home gym, pool, hot tub, chef's kitchen, his and hers walk in closets, and the list just doesn't seem to end.

It truly boggles the mind, and gives one a serious case of hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm......!
"Death is life's way of saying you're fired!"

Return to “Social Concerns”