TV viewers upset by Amber Alert

Social, economic and environmental issues in our ever-changing world.
oneh2obabe
feistres Goruchaf y Bwrdd

TV viewers upset by Amber Alert

Post by oneh2obabe »

One has to wonder where people's priorities are ... TV show or a missing child?

Some Ontarians were a little peeved after an Amber Alert interrupted their Sunday night TV but the Ontario Provincial Police say: too bad.

The OPP used the enhanced Amber Alert program for the first time Sunday night, which alerted TV viewers to a missing boy through a red pop-up on the screen. There was also a sharp, repeated alarm sound that interrupted the audio of the TV programs. The alert also broadcast over radio.

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/toronto/a ... -1.3479683
Dance as if no one's watching, sing as if no one's listening, and live everyday as if it were your last.

Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass. It's about learning to dance in the rain.
Bsuds
The Wagon Master

Re: TV viewers upset by Amber Alert

Post by Bsuds »

I could see the audio being rather annoying. Why not just a ticker tape across the bottom of the screen?
I got Married because I was sick and tired of finishing my own sentences.
That's worked out great for me!
oneh2obabe

Post by oneh2obabe »

In the past, an Amber Alert would appear as a scrolling banner at the bottom of TV screens. However, the new notifications through the National Alert Aggregation and Dissemination system appear over the broadcast.
Dance as if no one's watching, sing as if no one's listening, and live everyday as if it were your last.

Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass. It's about learning to dance in the rain.
GordonH
Сварливий старий мерзотник

Post by GordonH »

Oh no what a shame, tv viewers of Madam Secretary or Good Wife had to listen & watch Amber Alert.
To those who were upset about missing a few minutes of a fictional tv show, think about families of those who Amber Alert is about.
Real life and finding the kids mentioned on each of the Amber Alert is far more important then any TV show..... movie...... sporting event etc..... etc
I don't give a damn whether people/posters like me or dislike me, I'm not on earth to win any popularity contests.
oneh2obabe

Post by oneh2obabe »

Talk about being diplomatic when responding to the complaints. Would like to know what he really wanted to say.

<snip> Insp. Patrick Morris, the Orillia OPP detachment commander, said he is "disappointed" with the calls and tweets of viewers annoyed by the alert.

"While I will apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused, we won't apologize for using all of the tools available to us to find a missing child." <snip>

davis123
Board Meister

Post by davis123 »

I can't believe someone would actually complain about seeing an Amber alert...someones kid is missing and you get annoyed about the beep and missing a couple minutes of your stupid tv show and they are so pathetic they send in a complaint? wow, good example why I hate most people.

Return to “Social Concerns”