Chicken with dinosaur-like lower legs...

Social, economic and environmental issues in our ever-changing world.
Barney Google
Lord of the Board

Chicken with dinosaur-like lower legs...

Post by Barney Google »

Could this be coming to our Supermarket Meat Departments soon...

Chicken embryos grown with dinosaur-like lower legs

Scientists study embryos in effort to understand dinosaur-bird evolution
http://www.cbc.ca/news/technology/dinos ... -1.3494308

[/b]
A-giant-chicken-legs-02.jpg

giantcock.jpg

Heavens to Betsy and Goollllly!!!

:130: Bring on the chicken wings!!!!!
Last edited by oneh2obabe on Mar 17th, 2016, 2:47 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Link fixed.
“Before you criticize someone, walk a mile in his shoes. That way if he gets angry, he'll be a mile away and barefoot. ”
- Unknown
maryjane48
Buddha of the Board

Re: Chicken with dinosaur-like lower legs...

Post by maryjane48 »

the same folks grew a chicken with dinosaur tail instead of feathers tail . in my opninon it proves evolution
Veovis
Guru

Post by Veovis »

maryjane48 wrote:the same folks grew a chicken with dinosaur tail instead of feathers tail . in my opninon it proves evolution

Photoshop-ed chickens now prove evolution. Wow. At least Darwin actually produced a valid bit of work other than crappy internet photos and good on him, but this...this takes away from his work so badly that he might crawl out of the grave and say..."If this is what my work would be attributed to, I would have just said "god did it""

The fact that the actual article shows a drawing and then a normal chicken leg attached to a thigh is just silly and another showing of the stupidity our media does that allows people like trump to cash in. The entire article makes claims of "like something" and other generalizations of historical beings.

Love that a theory has finally be proven that science has waited a long long time for. I hope that means the other theories of this scientist are now proven so we can stop being tolerant of men, women, Jews, Christians, and pretty much everything other than their 25 cats.
maryjane48
Buddha of the Board

Post by maryjane48 »

im not talking about the photo im talking about the experiments done to prove that birds and dinosaurs have common ancesters . you can believe in fairytales all you want . some of us prefer reality to man made tales
Barney Google
Lord of the Board

Post by Barney Google »

Would you eat genetically modified chicken if it was 'tweaked' to have larger leg and breast meat?
“Before you criticize someone, walk a mile in his shoes. That way if he gets angry, he'll be a mile away and barefoot. ”
- Unknown
maryjane48
Buddha of the Board

Post by maryjane48 »

i have to answer yes because most of our chicken is in fact a hybrid from cali scientists that are engineered to grow as fast as possible. if you eat chicken you already have . 5.5 weeks from chick to fryer . compared to what for free range
Barney Google
Lord of the Board

Post by Barney Google »

That's interesting Mary Jane...

I have no problem with selective breeding to gain desired growth and size development.

What I do have issue with is modifying genes by scientific methods by introducing other plant or animal

genetics to get to what the producers and consumers are after.

Selective breeding takes time...scientific methods are touted as having immediate next generation benefits.

The selective breeding process is time proven...the scientific modifications over time are, for the most part, unproven.
- Unknown

Return to “Social Concerns”