First World Problems

Social, economic and environmental issues in our ever-changing world.
tsayta
Lord of the Board

First World Problems

Post by tsayta »

Anybody TIRED of the whining "First world problems" some folks whine about? Some of my favourites...

-Neighbours stupid dandelions!
-Learn how to park!
-I just wanna stay home and be a dog mom!
-Too much milk in my macchiato!
-Me no hear TV when me eats chips!
-I could have SWORN it was a fart!
I have learned that to be with those I like is enough.
WW
Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Re: First World Problems

Post by Queen K »

I just wanna stay home while money rains from heaven.
As WW3 develops, no one is going to be dissing the "preppers." What have you done?
Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Post by Queen K »

No doubt the cherries have colour. But do they have flavour? Big difference. No point in buying flavourless colour.
As WW3 develops, no one is going to be dissing the "preppers." What have you done?
Dizzy1
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Dizzy1 »

tsayta wrote:-Too much milk in my macchiato!

Now, now - that is a very serious issue. What's worse is when you go to a coffee shop and they give you a cup thats full of hot milk and a couple shots of espresso - in what universe is that a macchiato? If you don't know what macchiato means and you don't know how to properly serve one - then take it off your menu - sheesh! :1422:
Nobody wants to hear your opinion. They just want to hear their own opinion coming out of your mouth.
Graham Adder
Guru

Post by Graham Adder »

My 1st world problem:

Going into a coffee shop to order a coffee/a simple coffee only to have some cartoon cyclist wearing his clickitty shoes click-clack his way across the floor with the grace of a nine year old playing in Mommy's heels, only to butt his tightly clad spandex posterior into the line ahead of others so they can loudly proclaim,
"I want a spotty macchiato, chip-chip!"
:bethecoffee:
Veovis
Guru

Post by Veovis »

Ah yes first world problems. Fun meme really. Not reality, but a fun meme.

There are first world problems, there are third world problems, there are many problems everywhere. However some try to take real problems from some peoples suffering and compare it to problems that are worse to diminish that event, then there are people who try to make their express being wrong to be comparable to no clean drinking water in a village.

the funny part. Both groups are butt holes (assumed the right terms would be redacted). Problems are relative, however the meme of "first world problems" really doesn't apply to the reality of Canada or other "first worlds" it tends to apply to spoiled entitled turds, and then people want to apply that to the general public in some personal motivation that may bolster their "first world agenda"

The meme, is to me just a social commentary joke as it was intended, much like all memes, be it failbook, or art of trolling or whatever other silly thing is "happening" this year.

However it's not a social concern, it's a group joke, don't give it credit, just make a meme mock the entitled turds that you here and use it for what the meme was to be. A satirical mocking of entitled arses not a platform to request reform.
LANDM
Walks on Forum Water

Post by LANDM »

My first world problem....listening to first world people gripe about their fellow first worlders problems by saying how insignificant the problems are and how tough they had it in their first world life.....up until now, of course, because they somehow lifted themselves through their own soooooo significant first world problems. And can now pass judgement on everyone else's first world problems.
The reality is that we are all a bunch of first worlders with corresponding problems. Not one of us has a third world problem because we aren't in a damned third world country. And we don't have a second world problem because there are relatively few second world countries left with the demise of the Soviet Union.
But on we gripe about people going on vacation or ordering fancy coffees or riding bikes in spandex because those people somehow aren't close enough to the third world issues......like some feel they must be because of their internal suffering.......ohhhh, the suffering.....while typing on the castanet forum.

Anyways, that's my first world problem......people who think they are third-worldly and wear it like some badge. Like having a whiter than white okanagan kid trying to be gangsta and black. It just doesn't fit very well.
You and 71 others Like this post
Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Post by Queen K »

I said, "I want money raining from heaven." But know what? That's called welfare. OOOOHHHH I said it. But it's not a lot of money, and not having enough money in our money driven world with everything going up is exactly the same as living a Third World existence where you never know which bill to cover first and not pay for something. Like rent vs utilities. An entire text meant for social workers is published with rent vs utilities in the title. Is not living a hand to mouth existence exactly like living third world in a First World area where most people are a couple of paycheques from being homeless anyways?
Lady tehMa
A Peer of the Realm

Post by Lady tehMa »

Perspective.

A friend's dad (divorced, retired) moved to the Philippines to make more of his social security.

Having "more" money there has done nothing for him. He got a gold-digger girlfriend who won't even talk to him now that she's pregnant.

He took his problems with him and is surprised. We can't outrun ourselves.

I know what it is to be in need, and I know what it is to have plenty. I have learned the secret of being content in any and every situation, whether well-fed or hungry, whether living in plenty or in want.

This is what I strive for.
I haven't failed until I quit.
tsayta
Lord of the Board

Post by tsayta »

Where is that quote from?
I have learned that to be with those I like is enough.
WW
SmokeOnTheWater
Walks on Forum Water

Post by SmokeOnTheWater »

" Nature is not a place to visit. It is home. " ~ Gary Snyder
Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Post by Queen K »

Worse, you get that wet icky feeling straight through the sock. And it's a ghost feeling even after the offending wet sock is off.
Veovis
Guru

Post by Veovis »

LANDM wrote:My first world problem....listening to first world people gripe about their fellow first worlders problems by saying how insignificant the problems are and how tough they had it in their first world life.....up until now, of course, because they somehow lifted themselves through their own soooooo significant first world problems. And can now pass judgement on everyone else's first world problems.
The reality is that we are all a bunch of first worlders with corresponding problems. Not one of us has a third world problem because we aren't in a damned third world country. And we don't have a second world problem because there are relatively few second world countries left with the demise of the Soviet Union.
But on we gripe about people going on vacation or ordering fancy coffees or riding bikes in spandex because those people somehow aren't close enough to the third world issues......like some feel they must be because of their internal suffering.......ohhhh, the suffering.....while typing on the castanet forum.

Anyways, that's my first world problem......people who think they are third-worldly and wear it like some badge. Like having a whiter than white okanagan kid trying to be gangsta and black. It just doesn't fit very well.

Great rant. I like it, it's accurate as well.

To be honest I could tell a sob story, or a story of success, or a story of perseverance, or a story of etc etc. I've had terrible life issues happen as a kid, and terrible life issues happen as an adult, however.....

The simple point is, I had parents, they did what they could, I had chances (some taken some lost), I've had opportunities, failed and succeeded, I've also had people who cared and helped, and I've also found people to care for and help, and so on and so on....then as an adult I had that scenario repeat for no reason other than happenstance.....In the end I'm not where I was and thankful, but others with the same chances as me are worse.....yet some with less chances than me are far ahead.

As I said before the "first world problems" is a meme......and has had many funny quips (many I have laughed at), however a meme is not a social concern, but real life problems are, and those vary for everyone, but i think we all agree, a spoiled coffee isn't a problem, it's an attitude....so please take a meme for what it is. A mocking of entitled prissiness.
Veovis
Guru

Post by Veovis »

Queen K wrote:Worse, you get that wet icky feeling straight through the sock. And it's a ghost feeling even after the offending wet sock is off.

Thanks Queen K. Here I tried for some articulate thought and sadly I think you may have summarized it far quicker and better...

If I can paraphrase...."sometimes you get a wet sock"
Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Post by Queen K »

Here I was finding balance in light of your thoughtful articulation of a delicate subject.

It's all about balance tonight.

I shall add: once the offending wet sock is off, one has to sit down and rub the equally offending wet spot on the foot to get it dry and "normalized" back til one can don a dry sock. The WORST first world problem is re-wetting the second pair of socks. Like finding the other part of the spill you didn't catch after wiping up the first spill (which wet the first sock).

It's so inconvenient.
Last edited by Queen K on May 25th, 2016, 4:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Social Concerns”