Nurses, farmers rank best...

Social, economic and environmental issues in our ever-changing world.
Barney Google
Lord of the Board

Nurses, farmers rank best...

Post by Barney Google »

"When it comes to the professions Canadians respect most, nurses and farmers reign supreme.

According to a new Insights West poll, an overwhelming majority of Canadians express admiration towards the two professions.

More than nine-in-ten Canadians have a positive opinion of nurses (92 per cent) and farmers (91 per cent)."

screen_shot_2016-06-01_at_3_30_50_pm_1837.jpg

http://www.castanet.net/news/Canada/167 ... -rank-best
“Before you criticize someone, walk a mile in his shoes. That way if he gets angry, he'll be a mile away and barefoot. ”
- Unknown
Barney Google
Lord of the Board

Re: Nurses, farmers rank best...

Post by Barney Google »

I'm not a big time farmer by any means, very far from it, but I do come from a strong heritage of major Alberta producers.

I do farm though, in my little way. Mixed...livestock and produce.

It's about the gol' darn hardest job out there - a life commitment that requires, to be successful, a passion and dedciation

few others understand or 'get'.

The reward...if lucky...is some money in your pocket (sometimes) but more so...food on your family's table and

a level of satisfaction and accomplishment that few will ever achieve in their lives.

The choices, on many days, are between life and death and balancing that with costs and commitment.

I am humbled by those who are major producers...my life as a 'farmer', is a minor blister on the derriere of most 'real'

farmers. That being said I feel like the luckiest person in the World at times and blessed to have had the opportunity

to live the life I have and known those who are my better counterparts.

Often times finding myself covered in dirt, and mud, and sweat, and blood and manure and urine...bone-assed tired an

worn out...a new baby takes that all away - reminding me that I am the luckiest person in the World!

"So God made a farmer..."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZRDaPEaDJ7E
“Before you criticize someone, walk a mile in his shoes. That way if he gets angry, he'll be a mile away and barefoot. ”
- Unknown

Return to “Social Concerns”