CHANGE.ORG Petition for Crown Appeal in Tyler Newton Case.

Social, economic and environmental issues in our ever-changing world.
the_anonymous

CHANGE.ORG Appeal Petition has been SENT

Post by the_anonymous »

Okay, just an update for everyone who was following the case and those that signed the petition.

We got 863 signatures on the petition for the Crown to lodge an appeal in the Tyler Newton case. Today all of those signatures went off to the Honorary Suzanne Anton. She is the Minister of Justice and really the loudest voice for getting the appeal to happen.

Let's cross our fingers everyone. I sent via e-mail and snail mail, but who knows if the hard copy will reach in time because of the strike.
There's some things I'm conservative about. There's some things I'm liberal about.
beancounter
Board Meister

Re: CHANGE.ORG Petition for Crown Appeal in Tyler Newton Cas

Post by beancounter »

Thanks for your efforts on this anonymous. I emailed the link to the petition to several media outlets last week. One of them let me know that they had a call in to Suzanne Anton to follow up on it, but never heard back from her. With the petition being submitted today, it would be good for anyone with a minute or two to spare to follow up with a email to her and any other politicians you may care to copy in.

It would be nice to know that elected officials listen. The only one of those I contacted who I heard back from was Dan Albas (within a day, and he responded on a Saturday).

It would be good for the others to know that this hasn't been and won't be forgotten. If it is ignored, we can be sure to hear from Tyler Newton again in the not so distance future.

Return to “Social Concerns”